Shore excursion discounts recently?

13cheermom

Has anyone recently seen this bundle discount off Carnival shore excursions when making final payment?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, there is a excursion bundle you can get at a discount if you get it within 1 (maybe 2) days of booking. You have to get their pre-selected excursions (no substituting, I believe). After the time expires it'll disappear from your account.

Yes' date=' there is a excursion bundle you can get at a discount if you get it within 1 (maybe 2) days of booking. You have to get their pre-selected excursions (no substituting, I believe). After the time expires it'll disappear from your account.[/quote']

I’ve also had it pop up right after making final payment online in the past. Just wondered if anyone had experienced it lately on recent cruises. We don’t book many ship sponsored excursions either, but have a 14-day Journey cruise ahead with 8 ports, so might do a few based on port times and guarantee return to ship. Sometimes it is worth it to go with Carnival excursions [emoji6].

You can always cheaper shore excursions privately. There are many reputable companies and you will get back to the ship. Pier runners are drunks who lose time, shore excursions are safe. We never use Carnival.

Yes I’m aware of that and like I said earlier we do book a lot of private excursions with reputable companies. However there are times when I would rather use Carnival for short port times. Just FYI, we are in our mid 50’s, and beyond the age of getting drunk and becoming one of those pier runners you speak of [emoji38]

not to be argumentative but what is the difference in short port times, they have phones and watches. I think you are buying into Carnival's fear factor

[emoji23][emoji23]. I think that’s exactly what you’re trying to be is argumentative. We’ve been cruising for the last 20 years on several different lines and aren’t afraid to go out on our own and have done so successfully I might add. However their are some ports and with a limited port time it’s easier to choose a ship sponsored tour. It’s probably ur personal choice and I’m not trying to persuade anyone one way or the other unlike your personal opinion imposing it n mine. To each their own and hope you have a blessed evening!

You can always cheaper shore excursions privately. There are many reputable companies and you will get back to the ship. Pier runners are drunks who lose time, shore excursions are safe. We never use Carnival.

I've been trying to find good info on private excursions not through Carnival, but I haven't had much luck. This is my first time booking everything & it's a lot to take in at once! Where do you find good info on excursions?

Go to the ports of call section in the boards-lots of good info there. I also like checking TripAdvisor.

This.

Between TripAdvisor, a basic Google search, the ports of call forums and your social media roll call you should be able to find lots of great options for excursions not through the cruise line.

One factor I consider when booking excursions outside the cruise line is whether I have to pay via credit card up front. If the ship doesn't make that port or we end up changing our vacation plans, I am concerned that I will have more difficulty getting a refund. The excursions we have booked outside the cruise lines have all been cash pay when you arrive.

Just book Carnival and then do a price match. 110% of the difference between Carnival and the private operator's cost goes back to you as an on board credit. Best of both worlds. Just make sure they are the same trip. I did it 3 times and it worked fine for all three.

We got the the three bundled discounts last year when we booked, but it was so close we had to pay in full at booking - so booking and final payment were the same day.

I was able to select different excursions than what originally showed in the bundle.

Later I had read on here that you could go through the process but drop one or two before confirming and still get the discount for whichever one you wanted without booking all three.

To just answer the OP's question, I haven't seen discounted bundled shore excursions offered at final payment time. I have seen a 3 excursion bundle offered for 48 hours after making the initial booking.

Thank-you so much for your answer, after 17 other posts, lol. I wasn't trying to debate private vs. ship excursions here, just asking a simple question. I have always seen the discount pop up after booking, but also had it come up after final payment one time, but it has been awhile ago. Some trips it's not even a factor, due to private excursions or doing it on our own, however like I said some new ports for us on this Journey cruise, actually 4 of 8 are new, so doing a little bit more research this time. Thanks again!

I’ve also had it pop up right after making final payment online in the past. Just wondered if anyone had experienced it lately on recent cruises. We don’t book many ship sponsored excursions either, but have a 14-day Journey cruise ahead with 8 ports, so might do a few based on port times and guarantee return to ship. Sometimes it is worth it to go with Carnival excursions [emoji6].

Are you doing the Nov 3, 2018 Breeze sailing? We are! Very excited for 5 new ports for us.