Steakhouse every night?

In the past I would have said YES! After our first experience with the new menu, I probably wouldn't.

The new menu is FANTASTIC. The Bone Marrow and the Pork Belly are soooo good!! The steaks are still great... The Wagyu, admittedly is less than stunning but the rest are really good and cooked to perfection.

The new "salt" menu choices are a bit confusing and I just picked one that sounded good...purely based on its name but I cant imagine it makes that much of a difference.

And if you want a cool show at the end, your table should order the "Art" dessert choice. But be warned, if you order this, theres maybe only one chef that does this and may take awhile to begin. I ordered it once and it was VERY cool, but probably wouldn't order it again bc it took too long to an already long dining experience.

The new "salt" menu choices are a bit confusing and I just picked one that sounded good...purely based on its name but I cant imagine it makes that much of a difference.

I was told on Magic that the Salt presentation has been discontinued. :-(

I enjoyed the steak house but don't know if I would pay to do it every night. Absolutely one night and especially if we are celebrating something special. We really enjoy the mdr so I couldn't imagine missing that the whole cruise. We eat alone but I still like the feel of the mdr with all the people , whereas the steakhouse was really quiet when we went.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has anyone on here strictly eaten at the steakhouse every night?

I'm debating it because our upcoming cruise is only 3 nights, and it's a special one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Posts like this make me sad. There was a time where eating in the MDR was like eating in the steakhouse every night.

But yes, you can do this if there's room. Make sure you adjust your tips. You're basically paying for two meals; there's no need to tip for both of them.

Posts like this make me sad. There was a time where eating in the MDR was like eating in the steakhouse every night.

But yes, you can do this if there's room. Make sure you adjust your tips. You're basically paying for two meals; there's no need to tip for both of them.

Oh, right! Thank you, I would have never thought of that

Make sure you adjust your tips. You're basically paying for two meals; there's no need to tip for both of them.

Sheesh, really? You're talking about a measly $6.39 per person for a 3 day cruise. The "dining staff" receives $6.40 of your $13.95 gratuity each day. Assume 3 meals a day, that's $2.13 per meal gratuity, and since it's a 3 day cruise, $2.13 x 3 = $6.39 or $12.78 for the couple - for the 3 days!

OP - PLEASE don't be as stingy as is being suggested. You've stated this is a special event for you, therefore the entire staff will likely go above and beyond to make your trip special.

3 nights, I say go for it! On our 7 days we usually eat the first and last night there. Can't wait to try the New Menu in May.

I'm assuming the new menu is not available on all Carnival ships yet? Our booking is for Feb. on Splendor and on the booking when I clicked on Steakhouse menu it was the same od menu we've seen every other Carnival cruise we've been on....tired of it.

Not the topic of this thread but I'm wondering about the seadays brunch. same old, same old menu there too?

I'm assuming the new menu is not available on all Carnival ships yet? Our booking is for Feb. on Splendor and on the booking when I clicked on Steakhouse menu it was the same od menu we've seen every other Carnival cruise we've been on....tired of it.

Not the topic of this thread but I'm wondering about the seadays brunch. same old, same old menu there too?

Pretty sure it's just not updated everywhere

If the Carnival ship has a Steakhouse we are so there every night! There are many choices so you can have something different each evening....Nothing like true dining at the steakhouse, compared to the banquet fair food you get in the MDR.

That's what I was thinking. It's my boyfriends first cruise, itll be our anniversary and his birthday during