Cruise Ship Trip from Hell with 14 hours Heavy Listing in rough seas

My daughter has emailed me re "cruise ship trip from hell with 14 hours heavy listing in rough seas", which she just saw on TV.

Would this be Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas or a more recent cruise?

'strangely' - this was posted on SMH and it was on C9 News last night... BUT the incident happened in Feb 2016.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/footage-shows-terrifying-moment-storm-hits-royal-caribbeans-anthem-of-the-seas-cruise-ship-20170312-guwk7z.html

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Royal-Caribbean-Cruise-Ship-Changes-Course-Due-to-Severe-Weather-368008691.html

strange is why is this 'news' now ?? it's a year old !!! found footage ????

it must be the Royal Caribbean Blair Witch Project

'strangely' - this was posted on SMH and it was on C9 News last night... BUT the incident happened in Feb 2016.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/footage-shows-terrifying-moment-storm-hits-royal-caribbeans-anthem-of-the-seas-cruise-ship-20170312-guwk7z.html

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Royal-Caribbean-Cruise-Ship-Changes-Course-Due-to-Severe-Weather-368008691.html

strange is why is this 'news' now ?? it's a year old !!! found footage ????

Yes, same incident, but someone uploaded their video from a level 3 OV cabin recently. (Was actually a few weeks back but didn't get on to the media until past couple of days).

I was on Pacific Sun in 2005 when she listed badly when hit by a freak wave. All glassware set out on tables smashed, formal night so drank out if paper cups, duty free shop, everything smashed, no lifts, remember crawling up stairs as hard to stay upright. No refund for me do you think they might backdate it? Lol

I do not think the repeated story is newsworthy and do not believe that any of the passengers are entitled to any compensation whatsoever. They should dry their eyes and grow up and if they cant accept the fact that the seas can get rough then they ought to not go on a cruise ever again. What happened with that ship is what many sailors in the merchant or military navy have to endure regularly when crossing storms. They are deluding themselves if they think the ocean is one calm smooth easy thing to sail on.

I do not think the repeated story is newsworthy and do not believe that any of the passengers are entitled to any compensation whatsoever. They should dry their eyes and grow up and if they cant accept the fact that the seas can get rough then they ought to not go on a cruise ever again. What happened with that ship is what many sailors in the merchant or military navy have to endure regularly when crossing storms. They are deluding themselves if they think the ocean is one calm smooth easy thing to sail on.
t

Be nice

The cruise went no where apparently, and returned to port, without continuing with the itineary according to earlier posts.

While not a supporter of compensation generally, I believe it was warranted in this case.

Merchant and navy ships are staffed by fit crews, not like the usual old passengers and in many cases infirmed one usually finds on cruise ships. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Edited by Bpos

I was on Pacific Sun in 2005 when she listed badly when hit by a freak wave. Lol

FWIW. At sea there's no such thing as a freak wave. See it all the time in news reports of fisherman washed off rocks.

I do not think the repeated story is newsworthy and do not believe that any of the passengers are entitled to any compensation whatsoever.

Fortunately the cruise line execs disagreed with you. Though you probably consider them inferior as well?

They should dry their eyes and grow up and if they cant accept the fact that the seas can get rough then they ought to not go on a cruise ever again. What happened with that ship is what many sailors in the merchant or military navy have to endure regularly when crossing storms.

There's a massive difference between a company you work for, and a service industry that you are a customer of. Clearly you don't get the distinction.

A cruise that went out to sea, spent a scary 14 hours in a storm before returning to port is not meeting any of the conditions in the cruise contract. As the ports were never met and the cruise was cut short. I think a full refund was warranted.

Of course it's fake when they present it as News when it isn't. News = an event that is current. This was file footage.

It wasn't file footage. It was new footage.

As for how it was presented, what was the wording? I haven't heard them report it as just happening.

It wasn't file footage. It was new footage.

As for how it was presented, what was the wording? I haven't heard them report it as just happening.

New footage of an old event that didn't need to be revisited. Not my idea of news. Why was it new footage?