What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Problem with some people they think of the Haven monetary value, status and not what it is, it’s only the cruising standards of yesteryears, before standards and prices dropped.

Did you ask the concierge to stop the kids ringing doorbells? Could you please let me know the name of the concierge? What was your departure city?

We normally sail longer itineraries, not during school holidays, so lots of kids aren’t an issue, I can’t imagine the concierges I have met, ignoring unruly behaviour at night (don’t the ships have a curfew for under 18?)

Syran posted this: We just finished this cruise and had an amazing time. We were so sad to leave. We stayed in the Haven in a 2 Br. Amazing suite, lots of storage. Food in the haven restaurant was excellent. Our butler Flordeliza and room steward Ritzel made our stay very comfortable. Patrick the concierge, amazing. The bartenders Kumar and Ivana always had our drinks ready. And the rest of the staff truly could not do enough. Always so pleasant. The ports were great. Did tours through ncl, except for Russia where we used an outside company. We were fortunate to have beautiful sunny weather in all of the ports. The only place where it was a bit cool was in Stockholm.

We ate at Cagneys, La Cucina, Tepanyaki and food was great. Our cook at Tepanyaki put on an excellent show. We had so much fun there. Also ate at Margaritaville and Osheehans. Very good.

Had some issues the first 3 nights with a large group of families staying in several rooms around us. Kids running all around early morning, late at night, slamming doors, yelling, banging, rolling around the floors and ringing doorbells and running away. They rang ours every day . We let it go the first night thinking it would get better. The 2nd night it was worse so we talked to security but the chaos continued. The staff was so stressed out by them as well. On the 3rd night when the kids rang our doorbell several times at 10:45pm, we had enough. My 14 yr old daughter was crying because she had not had a good sleep since she got on the ship. A whole bunch of security came and they spoke to all of the families and must have watched the floor video because the next day the hotel director came to talk to us and told us they warned the families that if there were anymore issues they were off the ship for good. Never had any problems after that.

Overall an excellent cruise!!!We were on deck 15 below them, and witnessed it.

You find it everywhere in the world with wealthy people, they have a break with the children, the nanny is left at home, and the parents are obsessed about themselves, and couldn’t care less how the children behave.

I have 4 cruise next left, after that it will be children free cruising.

Trimone, interesting, what cruise lines are adults only???

If you really hate kids then go for an adult only cruise or cruise when the kids are in school. yes, kids can be unruly but it wouldn't stop me from booking the Haven. Would you rather not be in a secluded area with 10x the amount of kids at the pools? There can be some unruly adults too. You have to read the reviews with a big box of Morton Salt!

No one said they hate kids, what we do hate is lazy parents who over indulge their little hooligans and never correcting their behavior. Haven prices be it full rate or an upgrade are not cheap and other passengers should not have to endure unruly behavior be it kids or adults.

No one said they hate kids, what we do hate is lazy parents who over indulge their little hooligans and never correcting their behavior. Haven prices be it full rate or an upgrade are not cheap and other passengers should not have to endure unruly behavior be it kids or adults.
ALL passengers should not have to endure unruly behavior be it kids or adults

ALL passengers should not have to endure unruly behavior be it kids or adults

I stand corrected, you are right be it a Haven or an inside no passengers should have to put up with unruly people

I have the opportunity to bid on two upgrades, the 2 br cy penthouse or rhe DOS. I really want the DOS and will bid accordingly, even though it's showing sold out on the website. I figure that there must be a chance or I wouldn't be invited to bid!

If I don't get it I'd like the 2 BR, but I don't want a bid on the 2 BR (which will be the minimum bid) to get in the way of my DOS bid - for example if they really need to unload the 2 BRs, would they take my 2 BR bid and give someone else with a slightly lower bid the DOS?

I'm fine with what I have (regular CY penthouse) but of course would be delighted with a 2 BR--but not at the expense of the DOS,

Any experience with competing against yourself?

I have the opportunity to bid on two upgrades, the 2 br cy penthouse or rhe DOS. I really want the DOS and will bid accordingly, even though it's showing sold out on the website. I figure that there must be a chance or I wouldn't be invited to bid!

If I don't get it I'd like the 2 BR, but I don't want a bid on the 2 BR (which will be the minimum bid) to get in the way of my DOS bid - for example if they really need to unload the 2 BRs, would they take my 2 BR bid and give someone else with a slightly lower bid the DOS?

I'm fine with what I have (regular CY penthouse) but of course would be delighted with a 2 BR--but not at the expense of the DOS,

Any experience with competing against yourself?

Just bid the most for the room you want the most. I bid on almost every level of haven but upped my bid on the room I wanted the most and did get that room (BUT I would have been happy with any of them!) Good luck!

We are on the POA on Sept 1, 79 days away. Didn't receive an email and no messages in myncl. Does that mean the agency I booked through doesn't participate or could I still get the opportunity to bid. I've been following this post and was looking forward to doing it

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

It's funny that I'm also on that same cruise and can still put a bid in for the GV and another that is sold out. Yep, Wednesday is the day we'll find out. It's been an exciting journey but I'm really not expecting any of my bids to be accepted. It would be a nice anniversary surprise though!

I believe that NCL lists them as sold out to rationalize higher bids for cabins and to retain for upgrade bidding.

Hi All..

I do have a current inside cabin for Norwegian Getaway on July 8th. The prices have been dropping a lot. I bid for a balcony upgrade for a total of 230$. I have called NCL today and they told me it would cost me 350$ for a direct upgrade. Should I wait for the bidding or should I pay directly for it. Anyone cruising July 8th and received an answer for their bidding?

Hi All..

I do have a current inside cabin for Norwegian Getaway on July 8th. The prices have been dropping a lot. I bid for a balcony upgrade for a total of 230$. I have called NCL today and they told me it would cost me 350$ for a direct upgrade. Should I wait for the bidding or should I pay directly for it. Anyone cruising July 8th and received an answer for their bidding?

Will they allow you to pick the room? That alone may be worth the extra $120. The thing I would factor into that though is they allow you 2 free perks with a balcony, If you like drinks,even sodas, the Unlimited Beverage package for 2 is well worth the extra $120 all by itself. ALso the specialty dining package for 2 makes it a value. Even the 250 minutes free wifi is worth $125 so, me I would do it.

After reading through a lot of the bidding posts I was wondering if many of the bidders would have saved more money or had better chances of an upgrade by just calling the upsell dept? I'm bidding (I mean obsessing about) on a Haven and not so sure that if there were still some left before sailing that the upsell dept would let one go for what the minimum bids are? or does that ever happen? I know the bidding system is run by a third party company but not sure about the upsell dept. If it is run by NCL. I was thinking you might have a better chance.

After reading through a lot of the bidding posts I was wondering if many of the bidders would have saved more money or had better chances of an upgrade by just calling the upsell dept? I'm bidding (I mean obsessing about) on a Haven and not so sure that if there were still some left before sailing that the upsell dept would let one go for what the minimum bids are? or does that ever happen? I know the bidding system is run by a third party company but not sure about the upsell dept. If it is run by NCL. I was thinking you might have a better chance.

How does it work, calling the upsell dept? Has anyone done that who has been offered the opportunity to bid and had luck? Did you offer them something or did they offer you a figure? I'm game for that, I really want that DOS!

There is no more upsell department. Your only options are to bid or to pay full price to upgrade.

I think there is still an upsell dept. When I had a question about the bidding process my NCL rep connected me to the "dept that handles that" but maybe it was the bidding dept not upsell dept:o

I think there is still an upsell dept. When I had a question about the bidding process my NCL rep connected me to the "dept that handles that" but maybe it was the bidding dept not upsell dept:o

Yes, there is still an “upsell department” but they no longer actually handle upsells. They’re there to answer questions about the bidding process and that’s it. You can no longer call and get an offer for a cheaper price through the upsell department.