2 bedroom family villa on the Getaway?

Takoyaki

Hello,

I tried searching for this but couldn't find pictures or any helpful info.

In the 2 bedroom villa on the getaway can 2 smaller adults sleep comfortably in the second bedroom?

We are looking at booking 5 in the room, my wife and I, our 2 year old, and our couple friends.

Our plan was to have the 3 of us in the master bedroom and them in the 2nd bedroom, but I cant tell if there would be enough room for this.

Thanks in advance!!!

Do you plan on having your 2-year old in bed with you? That's the only way that will work. The master bedroom is tight with not much walking space.

You can put two adults in the second bedroom, but that would be really tight. And one of them would probably need to sleep on the bed that comes down from the ceiling, but others that have had two people use this room can probably give a better opinion (we've only had one person in the 2nd bedroom).

Do you plan on having your 2-year old in bed with you? That's the only way that will work. The master bedroom is tight with not much walking space.

You can put two adults in the second bedroom, but that would be really tight. And one of them would probably need to sleep on the bed that comes down from the ceiling, but others that have had two people use this room can probably give a better opinion (we've only had one person in the 2nd bedroom).

Thanks for the tips, I just saw how small the space around master bed is. we could probably have her crib or whatever in the living room, I doubt anyone would get up super early and their room and ours both have tvs so we wouldn't need to disturb her.

I'm still curious about the second room as some reviewers say the bed fit 2, but I don't want our friends to be uncomfortable. They are both probably 5'6'' or under and not large.

I'm just not sure if spending a little more for their own penthouse would be worth it to them, just to have a bigger bed, they will probably only be in the bedroom for sleep.

We are trying to find a good balance between price and comfort. The Haven is a must for all of us so it is this room or 2 penthouses which would run the same for my wife and I and a bit more for them

I was in the 2 bedroom Haven suite on the Breakaway. I’m not sure if that’s what you’re referring to. My friends stayed there and I looked at the second bedroom. It is tiny and the bed looked like a twin. It was very hard. I don’t know if they pull something else out for sleeping, but I wouldn’t want to stay there unless they pull something else out to sleep on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They both will fit in the 2nd bedroom. The bed is definitely not as comfortable as a king bed in the H5 penthouse. (The room steward can bring an eggshell to make the bed a little more comfortable but still not the same as a King bed). If you are wanting to save a bit of money and the couple is okay with it, go with the H4.

If you are going for comfort, choose the two penthouses. If you go that route, you will give up the true table in the living room (if that matters at all).

I was in the 2 bedroom Haven suite on the Breakaway. I’m not sure if that’s what you’re referring to. My friends stayed there and I looked at the second bedroom. It is tiny and the bed looked like a twin. It was very hard. I don’t know if they pull something else out for sleeping, but I wouldn’t want to stay there unless they pull something else out to sleep on.

I think it is the same room, getaway and breakaway are the same class right?

That is good to know. Maybe I will call their service line, but I am hesitant they will sugar coat the truth which is why I came here

There is a picture of the couch made up as a bed as well as the pull down bed from the ceiling in the H4 on the Escape in this thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2587924

I would imagine it would be a similar set-up on the Getaway?

Yes, that’s exactly what I saw only the bed wasn’t made up. Unless they like a super firm bed, I agree that they should have a topper.

OP - how are you splitting the costs? If you are going 50-50 on the cost of the cabin, your friends may feel that they are getting the short end of the stick. In February, we were in the 2 bd. suite with my son in the small bedroom. He is 5'7" and 138 lbs and he said he could not imagine another adult in the bed. The lower bed is (at best) the size of a double bed. I don't know how comfortable that would be for a whole week for your friends. I would highly recommend the two separate suites if at all possible. Either way, enjoy your cruise! :cool:

OP - how are you splitting the costs? If you are going 50-50 on the cost of the cabin, your friends may feel that they are getting the short end of the stick. In February, we were in the 2 bd. suite with my son in the small bedroom. He is 5'7" and 138 lbs and he said he could not imagine another adult in the bed. The lower bed is (at best) the size of a double bed. I don't know how comfortable that would be for a whole week for your friends. I would highly recommend the two separate suites if at all possible. Either way, enjoy your cruise! :cool:

It would be 5050. He has seen the pictures. He is hesitant to travel so has opted to share the room. For my family the price is essentially identical if we split room or get a penthouse but much more for him. If we did more than 50% than it would be better for us to get separate rooms. I really tried selling him on separate rooms but between price and wanting to be together this is what he wants.

It would be 5050. He has seen the pictures. He is hesitant to travel so has opted to share the room. For my family the price is essentially identical if we split room or get a penthouse but much more for him. If we did more than 50% than it would be better for us to get separate rooms. I really tried selling him on separate rooms but between price and wanting to be together this is what he wants.

If they are o.k. with the smaller bedroom and bathroom then, no problem. If they find the lower bed too small, they can always have the cabin steward pull down the bed that tucks into the ceiling and they both will have plenty of room.

Another thing to consider is that only the first two people on the reservation will receive the drink/dining packages (you have the pay the gratuity). So the extra people will be on their own for dining and possibly drinking.

On our last two cruises, our third person only paid for two or three drinks. I don't feel too badly about this because my husband doesn't drink and we can't switch things because of insurance purposes (he is on the kidney transplant list and needs to be #1 or #2 just in case). I would always just hand over my card when getting drinks. We always buy the dining package for our 3rd person.

I asked for an eggshell topper for the second bedroom in the Getaway, and our steward said he did not have any. The bed is hard. The main king bed though is huge and so comfy, and the bathroom is amazing, wow! The bathroom for the second bedroom is smaller than a regular room and I don’t think even has an outlet. We traded every other night so that everyone got a chance to enjoy the good bed and we all used the nice bathtub, shower, and main bathroom for getting ready. We only used the toilet in the second bathroom. Plus there is very little storage in the second bedroom If your friends do wind up staying in the second bedroom, 50/50 is not fair. Maybe 70/30? Between the bed and bathroom, there is no comparison at all,

We stayed in the 2br on the Getaway. My 14 year old daughter slept in the 2nd br and they put an eggcrate on the bed and it was very comfortable. I think it would be tight for 2 adults in the bed but there is a bed that pulls out of the ceiling that my daughter slept in for 1 night and was very comfortable.

On our last two cruises, our third person only paid for two or three drinks. I don't feel too badly about this because my husband doesn't drink and we can't switch things because of insurance purposes...I would always just hand over my card when getting drinks

It's still a violation of the terms of the UBP.

NCL could have easily revoked the UBP without refund of the service charge and possibly charged for the drinks that were received by the UBP.

It would be best for guests 3-6 to buy their drinks a la carte instead of each adult buying the UBP.

Here is a picture of the Breakaway second bedroom sofabed. The room is VERY small. The sofa bed might be fine for children but not sure about 2 adults - with the egg crate pad. 8e76767d9443843f385476e046d0395c.jpg

This is as a couch.

1197bdb5a82f86c661188e74755242fa.jpg

Thank you all for the input. The issue with going 70/30 would be that it would make no sense for wife and I as then a penthouse would be hundreds cheaper.

Of course we would share the glorious bathroom with them, I'd be a bad person if I didnt :o

Him and I drink more than our ladies so we would be 1 and 2 for ubp and spend Obc for their drinks. It's only 4 nights. Cant drink that much.

To me separate rooms seems better for them comfort wise by a long shot(ubp for all, big bed, more obc for everyone, more privacy for them). I plan booking Friday so am going to try and convince him.

My in-laws have stayed in the second bedroom with no problems. However they were not paying for the room. Many would not split things 50/50 and stay in that room. But this sounds like a unique situation with them not wanting to be separated. So it may work out for you. You also could switch bedrooms halfway through the cruise or at least give them 2 nights in the master.

I have pics of both bedrooms on the getaway. Our 15 year old daughter stayed in the room. However, last year our daughter and son in law stayed in there and they said it was fine. I’ve taken pictures of bathrooms and closet space as well so you can compare. Let me know if I can answer any questions. https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have pics of both bedrooms on the getaway. Our 15 year old daughter stayed in the room. However, last year our daughter and son in law stayed in there and they said it was fine. I’ve taken pictures of bathrooms and closet space as well so you can compare. Let me know if I can answer any questions. https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much! Very helpful.

So you had 2 people in the 2nd bedroom? And they were happy with it?

Also I realized we are doing 60/40 so that's why a penthouse would be much more expensive for them.

Thank you so much! Very helpful.

So you had 2 people in the 2nd bedroom? And they were happy with it?

Also I realized we are doing 60/40 so that's why a penthouse would be much more expensive for them.

Yes we did. Our daughter (she was 28 at the time) and son in law. No they are not large people, but they said they fit fine and it was like a full-size bed. Yes it was tight, but they did just fine for the week and had an amazing time.

My in-laws have stayed in the second bedroom with no problems. However they were not paying for the room. Many would not split things 50/50 and stay in that room. But this sounds like a unique situation with them not wanting to be separated. So it may work out for you. You also could switch bedrooms halfway through the cruise or at least give them 2 nights in the master.

Thanks for this insight. I may be going on a family cruise with just my two adult children and the pictures and other comments have made me want to opt for the second bedroom. Did your in-law have to pick all of the perks or only the ones they wanted - for me the beverage and the wifi (so we can upgrade onboard with Platinum)is all I really want.