Phone left in safe of Grandeur Room 8584

We are in room 8584 on Grandeur

about to set sail. I found a phone in the safe. If this is yours, let me know and we will ship to you.

If no one claims, we will drop it off at Guest Services towards the end of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was nice of you to post, but I would not wait. I would bring it to GS right away. Odds are not very good that the owner is a CC member or even would find this post.

I have many times found items left behind in drawers. The most obvious place to have the missing items found is indeed at Guest Services. First and most logical place pax would contact. It won't take long for the owner to realize it's missing.

I really hope you have given it to guest services by now. They obviously know who stayed in the room prior to you, and might well have a lost and found report already filed looking for it.

I think most people are like me---if my phone went missing as I was leaving th3e ship---I would cal the line and report it and hope it got turned in. If it did, even if I could not have it back until after the ship returned to port a week or so later, I would lip along without a phone for a bit and be grateful it was coming back to me. After 24-48 hours with no word on it though i would assume it was stolen and buy a replacement, cancel the sim card in it, etc---doing all that only to learn later that the phone had been located and the person who fou it ndchose to post on a message board rather than turn it in to the people who would be able to contact me would be terribly frustrating.

I really hope you have given it to guest services by now. They obviously know who stayed in the room prior to you, and might well have a lost and found report already filed looking for it.

I think most people are like me---if my phone went missing as I was leaving th3e ship---I would cal the line and report it and hope it got turned in. If it did, even if I could not have it back until after the ship returned to port a week or so later, I would lip along without a phone for a bit and be grateful it was coming back to me. After 24-48 hours with no word on it though i would assume it was stolen and buy a replacement, cancel the sim card in it, etc---doing all that only to learn later that the phone had been located and the person who fou it ndchose to post on a message board rather than turn it in to the people who would be able to contact me would be terribly frustrating.

Turn it in.

Yep Turn it in - NOW (if not already done).

found a credit card from the previous guest in our safe- turned it in right away. hope it ends up where it belongs!

In any event with a credit card the owner can simply cancel it and get a new one, unlike a phone (well, they can cancel that but not be given a new one) or a piece of jewelry. But, you did the right thing so that if the owner calls they can be told it was found.