Rotterdam Tampa Sail-Away Apr 15, 2018

Boytjie

No dam ships in Port Everglades but there will be some Love Boat toots from the Regal Princess. Also in port are Allure of the Seas and Celebrity Silhouette.

The webcams are at:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

==================================================

In Tampa it's the last sail-away for a while as she repositions to Europe. The Rotterdam is scheduled to depart Tampa at 16:00/4:00 PM EDT (subject to change as always).

The webcam is at: http://www.porttampawebcam.com/

The Rotterdam's 15-Day Azores & Normandy Expedition Itinerary:

Apr 15 Tampa, Florida, US

Apr 16 Key West, Florida, US

Apr 17 At Sea

Apr 18 At Sea

Apr 19 Kings Wharf, Bermuda

Apr 20 At Sea

Apr 21 At Sea

Apr 22 At Sea

Apr 23 At Sea

Apr 24 Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal

Apr 25 At Sea

Apr 26 At Sea

Apr 27 Brest, France

Apr 28 At Sea

Apr 29 Zeebrugge (Brussels), Belgium

Apr 30 Rotterdam, The Netherlands

E8T15B.jpg

Was not able to get on yesterday - no internet on Zaandam . They were updating the system - today I have one price, unlimited internet for 22 days until I reach Seattle [of course still only one device at a time]

Will try to be this afternoon, we'll how it is going then.

I'm not home , but wanted to check on the Rotterdam as she leaves Tampa for the last time this season. Looks like an unusually stormy day (April is usually very sunny) and I just heard expected sailaway is 18:00 now.

Thanks for the heads up on the time change. I was interested as Rotterdam will be my home for two weeks this summer.

I'm not home , but wanted to check on the Rotterdam as she leaves Tampa for the last time this season. Looks like an unusually stormy day (April is usually very sunny) and I just heard expected sailaway is 18:00 now.

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, that's the time for our interdenominational Sunday Service and dinner shortly thereafter.

There are tornado warning for the area. A water spout came ashore at MacDill Air Force Base.

There are tornado warning for the area. A water spout came ashore at MacDill Air Force Base.

Oh dear, it doesn't sound like a nice time at sea at the beginning at all.

I do hope things go smoothly. We really enjoyed our time on the Rotterdam last year and I hope everyone on board does too.

I was kind of expecting the Rotterdam to be late starting a transatlantic but didn't expect that from the Rhapsody. I suspect the Captain would rather be at sea in a storm but NOT in a narrow shallow exit channel.

Roy