Can't register for Connections Party

polymedia

I'm trying to register for the Connections (Meet & Mingle) Party on 5/20 Millie and registration page is telling me "Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked."

The cruise is fully paid and I have confirmation in hand, but I'm still unable to register.

I tried calling Celebrity, since the registration is on their page, and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Any suggestions?

Have had lots of issues lately with this.

A couple things you can do. #1 is go to Celebrity website and sign in. Check your reservation to make sure it is all OK. Then SIGN OUT. If not signed out you often cannot get back in via CCritic link.

Next go to Cruise Critic and try again. Am not sure what the message means and if you are getting it from Celebrity or Cruise Critic.

Someone is trying to register for a connections party and is not able to do so. I tried for her but repeatedly get this message. Is this a cruise critic mistake or Celebrity? Very frustrating. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked

Someone is trying to register for a connections party and is not able to do so. I tried for her but repeatedly get this message. Is this a cruise critic mistake or Celebrity? Very frustrating. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked

I tried to register for the connections party and got this message. I became concerned that perhaps my reservation had somehow been cancelled, so I called the Celebrity rep with whom I'd made the reservation. She told me that they were having issues with B2B reservation numbers not being able to access dining reservations, excursions, etc., and that this was likely the reason for this message. She told me that the problem is being worked on, but has no idea when it will be resolved.

Don't know if you fall into the B2B category, but this is the info I have.

We have had that problem in the past. If I remember correctly, we were booked through a TA which had booked a block of rooms. So the status on the cruise will say ON HOLD. And if I remember correctly, the status only changed to BOOKED after final payment. I don't remember how I resolved it, I may have asked the TA and they changed it or had waited to after final payment before joining. Anyway, check with the TA and see if they can change the status of the booking.

Edited by lisalovlee33

I am having the same problem we are fully paid in full, and have even gone on to Celebrity and put in all our information right down to getting luggage tags! Still can't get registered for the connections party, saying we are not in booked status, sigh!

I booked a 10 Night Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity Equinox sailing 20JAN2017, made the booking on Celebrities Home Page on 28JAN2016. (Received $300 0BC & Classic Bev Pacakge for two), I've only made the initial down payment.

Just registered for the Celebrity 'Connection' Roll Call without a hitch. Reservation is Booked buy not paid for in full yet..

Your Results May Vary...

Dennis & Sue

We booked our cruise in November, paid in full (through a TA) in March, and have tried repeatedly for months to sign up for the Connections Party. We get that same message. According to our Roll Call, there are enough people signed up to secure having the party. So I guess I'll have to find out when it is from the other Roll Call people, then "crash" the party on board.

I booked and received confirmation that I was "booked" about a month ago via an e-mail confirmation. At that time the web site stated that only 2 people had registered (before I registered). I checked in again today. The web site still states only 2 people have registered.

I registered again (web site allowed me to do so. I again received confirmation for registering. My e-mail states:

"...you have registered $$ccount$$ guests for a Cruise Critic Connection party..."

I wonder what the $ signs mean.

Edited by sleepless

Would suggest to all of you to wait for a week. If this is not possible and the 25 people needed for a party are signed up then do not worry. Simply go to the captains club host on boarding with a note saying you could not register for the Meet and Greet/connections party because of their #%%%$ website (maybe leave that out). Would they make sure you get an invitation to the party.

PS - Is almost always held in the Sky Lounge at 10am on the first full day.

Just tried to register for our July 8 sailing on Millie after completing online check in last night and get that same error message...my status on Celebrity's site shows booked, shows online check in complete for both of us....Some day modern luxury will meet modern technology, hopefully in my life time...but not today

I am sorry that you are experiencing trouble signing up for your Connections Parties.

When you get the message: Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked my first suggestion is usually to wait a few days and try again. Most of the time this error clears itself up. If you continue to have trouble, the contact email shown on the Connections page FAQ is connections@celebrity.com

If you are cruising soon, and aren't able to sign up, my suggestion is to visit guest services any time during embarkation day to find out the date/time of the party.

Other than that, I can't offer up much more advice than that. The registration for the Connections Party is on Celebrity's website, so any errors would need to be cleared up by them. I have alerted my contact at Celebrity that members are having issues.

I and others on my roll call have been having the same problem. This has been going on for 3 weeks or more. I contacted connections@celebrity.com 2 weeks ago, but haven't received a reply. Others have called Celebrity and have not received any useful information. I can get the info that 16 people are signed up for the party - but a whole lot more have tried to sign up but have not been able to.

Edited by boulders

Thanks Jenn! Just so you know, I have been having this issue for at least a month now. Since my cruise is not until November, I haven't been all that concerned, but I do try about once each week to see if the issue has been resolved.

I am sorry that you are experiencing trouble signing up for your Connections Parties.

When you get the message: Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked my first suggestion is usually to wait a few days and try again. Most of the time this error clears itself up. If you continue to have trouble, the contact email shown on the Connections page FAQ is connections@celebrity.com

If you are cruising soon, and aren't able to sign up, my suggestion is to visit guest services any time during embarkation day to find out the date/time of the party.

Other than that, I can't offer up much more advice than that. The registration for the Connections Party is on Celebrity's website, so any errors would need to be cleared up by them. I have alerted my contact at Celebrity that members are having issues.

I just received the same error message. I did get a message that 61 people have signed up. I tried on an iPad. Has anyone found a way to successfully register after getting the message that you are not booked?

I am going to wait a few weeks and then try again.