How Long to Update Mariner Status?

Roz

I got off the Oosterdam on Feb. 11, and it's still not showing up on my account. Final charges to my credit card have been posted for days. How long does it take to update my Mariner status to show the days from my recent cruise?

Roz

Hi Roz. I sent the Mariner Society an email regarding my status. This is the reply to me:

Dear Mrs. Schenck,

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line regarding your recent Veendam, January 31, 2018 voyage. We are experiencing technical difficulties resulting in the sailing, onboard spending and suite bonus (if applicable) from populating to guest profiles. We are working diligently to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

At this time we do not have an estimate of when the issue will be resolved and your history posted to your profile. Please know we value your loyalty and sincerely apologize for the delay. Once this is resolved, all pending information will be processed and visible in your account. No further action of follow up will be required for this to be processed.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the delay. If you have any questions please let us know. We will be delighted to welcome you back onboard the ms Zuiderdam February 6, 2019.

Kind Regards,

Shanon

Mariner Society

Holland America Line

800 547 9139

206 626 9000

Thanks to everyone for the information. It's been 11 days so I'll wait another week.

From reading other boards, it seems like most cruise lines have website/technical issues. You would think they would want their websites to function properly so that people could easily purchase shorex, drink pkgs., specialty dinners, etc. but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Roz

Thanks to everyone for the information. It's been 11 days so I'll wait another week.

From reading other boards, it seems like most cruise lines have website/technical issues. You would think they would want their websites to function properly so that people could easily purchase shorex, drink pkgs., specialty dinners, etc. but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Roz

I would have called to inquire about it after ten days or so, but kept forgetting!

We disembarked the Koningsdam on Jan 24th and are still not updated almost a month later . I also send an email to the Mariners Society people and received a similar reply from them .

From the looks of it this is not just a small technical issue :rolleyes: Hope they can catch up soon before this becomes a major issue .

Roz

I thought it was just our Christmas cruise but looks like the problem is deeper. It took about three weeks for ours to update.

Hi Roz. I sent the Mariner Society an email regarding my status. This is the reply to me:

Dear Mrs. Schenck,

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line regarding your recent Veendam, January 31, 2018 voyage. We are experiencing technical difficulties resulting in the sailing, onboard spending and suite bonus (if applicable) from populating to guest profiles. We are working diligently to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

At this time we do not have an estimate of when the issue will be resolved and your history posted to your profile. Please know we value your loyalty and sincerely apologize for the delay. Once this is resolved, all pending information will be processed and visible in your account. No further action of follow up will be required for this to be processed.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the delay. If you have any questions please let us know. We will be delighted to welcome you back onboard the ms Zuiderdam February 6, 2019.

Kind Regards,

Shanon

Mariner Society

Holland America Line

800 547 9139

206 626 9000

This is the same response I got when I called last week. The representative said it was only happening with certain ships and they did not know when the issue would be corrected. (We got off the Koningsdam on Feb 4)

I got off the Oosterdam on Feb. 11, and it's still not showing up on my account. Final charges to my credit card have been posted for days. How long does it take to update my Mariner status to show the days from my recent cruise?

Roz

I sailed the Veendam middle December received my status two days after cruise maybe I'm just lucky? But I am now three sailing days short of four star status so booked another cruise for March:)

In May, onboard Koningsdam, we became 3 Star and on the last day of the cruise we received our new pin, with a little letter and our account was updated immediately to show our new status. I assume this must have been prior to the technical difficulties.

OK, so I tend to worry over nothing. But I took a screenshot of my existing Mariner page, still minus my cruise that ended 3 weeks ago. Just in case they fix one thing and screw up another. Probably not necessary, but it is HAL...

That literally made me LOL. I think I'll do the same.

Like some of you, we also received the Technical difficulties e-mail.

Our final payment was due a few days ago, for our next cruise and that was processed in seconds.

They wouldn't want a glitch while collecting payments.

Sandra

Point taken. ;p Isn't that the truth!

Roz