Caribbean cruise

Gorgie

Hurricane season is a full 6 months of the year.

June through end of November (approx)

I have sailed Caribbean every month of the year and would sail again a ny/ every month.

The Caribbean (which doesn't include Bermuda or the Bahamas) is summertime all year round. The winter months are popular for folks who want to escape the cold and snow from up north.

Really, anytime of the year is perfect!

Hurricanes can occur outside of official hurricane season, too. Remember that ships will never sail into a hurricane but will do their best to avoid a storm. You can see by my signature we have had some hurricane adventures but never sailed INTO the hurricane, merely around it, and we were absolutely fine.

The Caribbean is wonderful any time of year. I say book the ship and itinerary you want, when you want to go. Chances of your cruise being cancelled or re-routed due to a hurricane are very slim.

So as indicated by the previous responses, the non-hurricane season in the Caribbean is December through May. Keep in mind that some of the far southern Caribbean islands such as Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, and Barbados, are below the hurricane zone and as such would not have that concern at any time as hurricanes there would be very rare. They are also some of the best Caribbean locations IMO.

To avoid the higher priced times during those months avoid the Christmas / New Years Holidays and most of March / early April as those are the typical Spring Break months and would be peak travel periods for families. So I would look at January, February, April, and May for itineraries of interest.

Nearly all of my Caribbean cruises are in November/December while kids are in school (except Thanksgiving week) and cruise/hotel prices are at their lowest. My cruise last year was with a ship barely over half-filled (no lines and no waiting) during this time period.

Nearly all of my Caribbean cruises are in November/December while kids are in school (except Thanksgiving week) and cruise/hotel prices are at their lowest. My cruise last year was with a ship barely over half-filled (no lines and no waiting) during this time period.

One of the main reasons that ships sailed half full last fall was because the Caribbean had just suffered one of the most destructive and devastating series of hurricanes in modern memory. Some of the islands still haven't recovered.

There will be much more variety/ships to choose from if you sail in Winter, Nov - April. Other months most ships head for Alaska and Europe for the summer. EM

While a number of cruise lines do preposition ships to Europe in the summer, there are also those that have a number of ships permanently based year round with US based Caribbean itineraries as the summer months are peak family travel months. As example, RCI, Carnival, Princess, and Celebrity have close to 20 ships combined offering year round Caribbean itineraries.

One of the main reasons that ships sailed half full last fall was because the Caribbean had just suffered one of the most destructive and devastating series of hurricanes in modern memory. Some of the islands still haven't recovered.

Very good point as most of the mass market cruise lines ships usually sail fully booked on most Caribbean itineraries.