MSC Website Update

sidari

Website Update ... Just rang MSC UK regarding the website issue, you have to fill in the email details on the new page that comes up, if your password does not work, click on forgot my password, you will receive an email from MSC asking you to click on the link, add a new password and you are taken to the Homepage.

I saw a post by a friend on FB today of a letter from MSC saying that they had a security breach on their September sailings, the guy i spoke to confirmed that this change is for better security of accounts.

Below is a letter posted by a friend to an MSC fb page.

43106277_10155809101792039_7547608916171948032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeE2m2dLTKtIPbIcWNOCjjolhhsGKs6X9CjccJ1cvm91hgSPuXegLNzOCcXkqLian9-4XwnXaD77btdb0CeSLgQgAqK1v8S0y8HK5cgjeI6ncw&oh=8ea7897b43b36d5fb40aa51f1d02295a&oe=5C5BDE05

Out of curiosity I went onto the (Ireland) site to log in; the option to use my email address and password is not available. The only way I can "log in" is to use the "manage my booking" option. I can't access the "My Profile" area, either.

When I click on the link in my email, it just goes to the home page. That's pretty helpful.

Edit: I was able to change the password and now, of course, my booking doesn't show up. Its still there if I go to web check-in, so it still exists, but I can't access it.

Edited by Cauzneffct

I also received that letter. It is more disturbing to me that a stranger now has my name, address, birthdate and passport number. With all the identity theft occurring, MSC has caused an inexcusable breach of my privacy.

I also received that letter. It is more disturbing to me that a stranger now has my name, address, birthdate and passport number. With all the identity theft occurring, MSC has caused an inexcusable breach of my privacy.

So ... it wasn't a one-off as the letter seems to have implied.

I wholeheartedly agree with you and don't blame you for being concerned.

We received the same letter today. Seems MSC is playing the game and not forthcoming. Since all letters say they singled out "one other guest" who was sent all the personal info and they erased it. So either the same "one guest" got ALL of our info or MSC doing the usual evasive CYA tactics everyone else does when they are totally careless with our personal information.

I wonder if this security breach is larger than they are admitting or we believe.

If this is simply a case of a few tickets being emailed to the wrong people, why are so many of us being told to change our passwords?

We had a booking last February and have another next January, so nothing to do with August /September this year.

I've changed my password and now the only booking showing up is for the cruise that we took 8 months ago! Our cruise for 2019 has disappeared.

Everyone in my family had their data breached. If you look at the MSC Seaside cruise group September 1st 2018 on Facebook, you will see that many of us received this same letter It's obvious that it was not an isolated incident. The letter also states that MSC was given permission to enter these recipients computers and delete the breached information from their email folder and trash folder.. Ummmm... I dont believe this was possible. A large percentage of a small Facebook group have reported receiving this letter from MSC, however none of us received an e-ticket belonging to somebody else. So who are the people that actually received our names, addresses, dates of birth, photos and passport info? Maybe overseas where this info is sold for lots of money? As a side note.... It may he just a coincidence, but on September 3rd, the exact same date of this data breach, while on the MSC Seaside we received an email from our bank stating that our credit card was being used in Borgata Columbia for online purchases. They put a block on the card and covered the charges that already were processed. This had Never happened to us ever! MSC stated in the letter that no financial information was breached, so maybe just a very strange coincidence on that same exact date while on an MSC ship. We enjoyed our cruise and have more MSC cruises booked in the near future, but I find the letter we received less than truthful. Thinking about canceling the remaining cruises and taking my info off their website.

Just read a post by a friend posted on another public site regarding this issue, it seems their booking this year also suffered the same issue with someone elses passport details added to their booking.

It seems that the two breeches so far have been traced to Hungary and Germany which MSC could tell from the passport numbers.

It would appear that the issue is larger than is being admitted.

I tried logging into the website this morning and was asked to change my password, I have done so and all of our past and forthcoming cruises are listed.

There is evidently more of an issue than is being admitted too. Typically, I've only just updated my details with my new passport information for our cruise next month.

Nope! The drop-down box for logging in (which usually offers 2 options - email add/VC number & password OR booking number & name) is only offering me the second option. When I'm logged in and use the dropdown menu beside my name and click on "My Profile" it just brings me to my next booking page.

Funnily enough, I did get the "new" page (ONCE) when going back and forth asking for my email address and password. It wouldn't accept the first email address I inputted so I tried an older one that I'd used before. It then said I needed to click to change my password but there wasn't a link to 'click', so I clicked on "Forgot password" and nothing happened.

I was asked to change password which I did, it worked for 3 days allowing me access to all my details. Then guess what?....yes today was asked to sign in again but no further than email page and then a notice to say contact them. So I contacted them...reply was...."We are having problems wait til Monday as there is a big update to our web page on Sunday"...So will wait and see.

Woohoo I have finally managed to get logged in, and all my bookings past and future are on the drop down box. BUT I cannot access the Voyagers Club part as it wants me to register - although my number is showing against my name in the profile page!

We'll see what Monday brings then........

Bea ... Have you tried clearing out your cookie cache and history ? this should then reset the page when you log in and give you the new pop up sign in page.

Currently when I click on sign in it puts up the pop up sign in page and then takes me back to the home page where I can access everything.

I also have problems - in my case it is the german page. I am getting an error message when I put inside the e-mail and password (which I changed). I can only access web check-in and nothing else. I've contacted them and they fixed it, but it worked only yesterday, today it is the same error message again.