MSC Website Update

sidari

OK, I've done that, Dave - made no difference. Perhaps the Ireland site isn't being updated yet. :confused: I've managed to get the email & password address page again, but still not giving me a link to click, despite advising me to "click the link". :rolleyes:

Possibly because so many nationalities have been impacted by the breach? Each one will have different fix-times, I suppose. Not being tech-savvy, I don't know (or would even understand) if all the systems are individual and worked on by different tech crews.

The MSC website is really starting to annoy me. After a week and a couple phone calls and doing a few things suggested here I still cannot access my booking information. All I can access is my profile info. Called again yesterday and they are opening a ticket. oh boy. I am not holding my breath for this one. Hate to try to open a new account but I might just try and see if I can do that.

Just popped in for some more info after reading a couple of posts regarding the data breach. I just tried to log into my account (USA, if that makes a difference) and I'm being asked to change/reset password as per others comments. The thing that concerns me here is that if I look at the website address in my browser, it starts out with:

https://login.microsoftonline.com/mscb2cprod.onmicrosoft.com/oauth2/v2.0/authorize?client_id=

Why is it trying to log me into microsoftonline.com? Needless to say, I will not proceed any further and will wait until Monday after the website update has been done

Why is it trying to log me into microsoftonline.com?

Microsoftonline is a generic login page for all Microsoft Online Services. MSC uses Microsoft products for all or part of the website. That is smart and safes a lot of programming. Microsoftonline is a legit and secure login portal.

That's interesting from Carolina Girl. When I tried to login when this data breach was first reported I was directed to AzureB2C. Now I'm also getting Microsoftonline.

Am I the only one who thinks it is high time that we heard from MSC regarding this?

I am afraid to log on....:o

OMGosh.. that'= was exactly me too!! This thread brings back memories as this isn't the first time there has been a data breach compromising passport numbers. A similar issue was going on my first MSC sailing in 2015. I stopped logging in entirely. I knew certain packages were cheaper if I bought them ahead of time, but it wasn't worth it to me. I did sail with MSC again, but elected to never use the online portal.

I think MSC has greater challenges than other lines simply because they are working off so many different platforms in so many different countries. Perhaps that is what makes them more vulnerable?

BB ... The big issue for me is that MSC have tried to hide it by changing the sign in page without telling people on that page that they need to change passwords due to a security issue.

Also the fact that they have tried to make out that it was a single incident, we now know that not to be true.

BB ... The big issue for me is that MSC have tried to hide it by changing the sign in page without telling people on that page that they need to change passwords due to a security issue.

Also the fact that they have tried to make out that it was a single incident, we now know that not to be true.

I hear you Sid- it must be very frustrating. I sincerely wish you all the best as the issue resolves itself.

I have a love/dislike relationship with MSC. I love their value but dislike the inconsistency in both policy and procedures and pretty much hate their shore side customer service.

Take the good with the bad I suppose. I noticed prices have dropped recently, that’s good for the consumer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our bookings are there as is everything else.

Have you ever used the same email address and password on other sites?

If you have I’d go and check those too if I were you!

MSC are a European company so surprised if they’re not being more upfront given the new data protection laws in place.

I can still only access one booking at a time with no way to log in to my personal area or the Voyagers Club area, either.

Its been like this for months now whenever I have tried to log in with my Voyager Club number. To view any bookings I have had to do each one individually.

I tried again this morning but there appears to be some sort of website maintenance going on. I can't even access any bookings so will try again later.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for visiting the MSC Cruises website.

Our website is undergoing important maintenance in order to improve the experience for our customers.

As a result, you will not be able to confirm a booking until Sunday October 7th 11:00 am GMT.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience,

MSC Cruises

BB ... So far we personally have not been affected by this particular issue and hope it remains that way.

Bea ... The UK site has been fairly settled for quite some time now as well apart from the odd glitch of a cruise number going missing.

Is it me??? Now the Royal Caribbean site has gone awol. The uk site just redirects me to the Aus site which says " oops, gone awol"!!!!!! Our RCC cruise is soon...luckily I've printed off our sailing passes. Gremlins!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is it me??? Now the Royal Caribbean site has gone awol. The uk site just redirects me to the Aus site which says " oops, gone awol"!!!!!! Our RCC cruise is soon...luckily I've printed off our sailing passes. Gremlins!!!!

No, not just you. ‘Down for maintenance.” The U.K. site is still up and running though, so not sure what’s gone wrong there.

Haha! I was so excited for Day 20, so that I could log in and get my E-Ticket. Well, today is Day 20... and now the website is asking me to complete payment. (I already paid in-full.)

I guess I'll be calling MSC customer service..... ;)

I'm sure it will be fixed soon. Just shoot, i was so looking fwd to "Day 20". ha!