Breakfast disembarkation day

silversurf

Off Ventura last week and the MDR had two sittings. Latest one was 8.00 but we used the buffet. We were off the ship by 9.00, really efficient.

What time do P&O UK ships get into Southampton? P&O UK is not very good with giving times. We need to catch transport to Heathrow. Our plane is not going till late, but we need to pre-book for the National Express Bus. Thanks

Rosie

What time do P&O UK ships get into Southampton? P&O UK is not very good with giving times. We need to catch transport to Heathrow. Our plane is not going till late, but we need to pre-book for the National Express Bus. Thanks

Rosie

Cruisett web site pretty good for info on what time a ship is due in port.

Rosie

They generally dock in Southampton around 6:00am and if you need to disembark early you can opt to carry your own luggage and self disembark can be from 7 to 7:30. Otherwise request a disembarkation time to suit your travel arrangements.

Although all cruise ships plan to dock 6am or perhaps earlier but there is always the chance that circumstances can make arrival late so never guaranteed. You only have to look at Queen Elizabeth who was late arriving in Southampton recently after an unexpected medical evacuation in Vigo and last year we were delayed arriving due to fog and bad weather on Princess. So beware if making onward journey plans to give yourself a reasonable amount of time.

We are on a 4 night cruise on Oriana. Where can we have breakfast on disembarkation day?

Thanks in advance.

We disembarked Oriana today. Breakfast was in the Oriental restaurant from 7am or in the self service buffet from 6am. Note that the Peninsular restaurant, which is normally used for breakfast, is not available as it is used as one meeting point for disembarkation.

We were off by 0930 but we were not the first.

Brian

Do be careful, we have arrived back late due to medical emergencies and weather. On both occasions we were in by around 8am if I remember correctly, but I have read of occasions where the ship is in far later and the next cruise has had to leave late too. Just be aware of it, in case your travel plans cannot be changed.

I think the current system of breakfast is Buffet from 6am. Main Dining Room has two sittings at 07.00 to 07.15 and 08.00 to 08.15. Basically they open the doors on the hour to let everyone in then close them and lock them at quarter past to stop latecomers gaining admittance.

As regards disembarking late, I am certain there is a 10.00, maybe later ones are offered cannot remember. During the week last couple of days a form comes round and you fill it in requesting the time you wish to disembark. There is not going to be a huge rush to get a late time, most people want off early. Just look out for the form and remember you have to vacate cabins by 08.00. Make sure your hand luggage is absolutely minimal as you will need to carry it around until you leave the ship.

Regards John

Whats the latest time your allowed to disembark then? I'm not in a rush to get off like the majority seem to be.

I am just the opposite, I find there is nothing more depressing than a mainly empty cruise ship on disembarkation day. All the bars and restaurants are empty, there are few staff to be seen and the whole ship seems to take on a sad aura and, even more depressing, you know that you won't be there to see it transform into a holiday palace once again when the new passengers start to embark.:loudcry:

I am just the opposite, I find there is nothing more depressing than a mainly empty cruise ship on disembarkation day. All the bars and restaurants are empty, there are few staff to be seen and the whole ship seems to take on a sad aura and, even more depressing, you know that you won't be there to see it transform into a holiday palace once again when the new passengers start to embark.:loudcry:

I agree very quiet and peaceful and wonderful when you are on a back to back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Whats the latest time your allowed to disembark then? I'm not in a rush to get off like the majority seem to be.

I am like you....hate rushing, especially as we dont need to. Usually go to breakfast in MDR as late as we can, have leisurely breakfast, and by then we can usually just walk off when ready. Cases are easy to find as usually some of the last left! No queues to get the car back or for taxis.... And miss the Southampton rush hour traffic.

I am like you....hate rushing, especially as we dont need to. Usually go to breakfast in MDR as late as we can, have leisurely breakfast, and by then we can usually just walk off when ready. Cases are easy to find as usually some of the last left! No queues to get the car back or for taxis.... And miss the Southampton rush hour traffic.

Now that I do agree with, on our recent Navigator cruise I asked for 8:30 disembark but they gave me 7:30, didn't bother changing it and as we entered the luggage area just after 8:30 ours were among the last few in the 7:30 location.

We are on a 4 night cruise on Oriana. Where can we have breakfast on disembarkation day?

Thanks in advance.

You can eat at the peninsular or slum it in the buffet. Peninsular is much nicer, if you are leaving early just tell your seating staff as you enter the restaurant, it’s no problem to them.

You can eat at the peninsular or slum it in the buffet. Peninsular is much nicer, if you are leaving early just tell your seating staff as you enter the restaurant, it’s no problem to them.

The Peninsular is not open on disembarking day as it is used as a meeting point. You have to use the Oriental.

Brian