Kind of live review on the Reflection 5th & 12th March [emoji846]

MR_T

Funny enough I just posted something similar on Facebook!

I must admit it's a nice feeling [emoji51],

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well, at least when you're getting the cruise blues this time next week, you'll have that return upgraded flight to look forward to :p.

Tony,

Thanks sooo much for your amazing daily review. I was glued to my iPad in anticipation of Reading your updates and counting down to my own Reflection sailing on the second leg of your back to back cruise.

.Just getting ready now for our ride to the airport and off we are!!!!

Today I will be waking up in New York...spending the afternoon in Miami.... Specifically at the Sail away party at the sunset bar[emoji483][emoji483][emoji485][emoji484]and sleeping blissfully happy at sea ...

Yay!!

Well, at least when you're getting the cruise blues this time next week, you'll have that return upgraded flight to look forward to :p.

Very true [emoji16] it's certainly going to make the trip home a little easier... [emoji4]

Tony,

Thanks sooo much for your amazing daily review. I was glued to my iPad in anticipation of Reading your updates and counting down to my own Reflection sailing on the second leg of your back to back cruise.

.Just getting ready now for our ride to the airport and off we are!!!!

Today I will be waking up in New York...spending the afternoon in Miami.... Specifically at the Sail away party at the sunset bar[emoji483][emoji483][emoji485][emoji484]and sleeping blissfully happy at sea ...

Yay!!

Thank you for you're kind words, I'm sure you will have fun as week one has been amazing so week 2 should be also! [emoji4]

Thank you for you're kind words, I'm sure you will have fun as week one has been amazing so week 2 should be also! [emoji4]

From our room at the Marriott we can see all the ships in port. Norweigian pulling in as I write this. I was hoping to see the reflection but it has already docked.

DH and I will be boarding this morning and say hello after the muster drill.

Thanks for the posts this week. I have enjoyed reading them.

Just woken up after a decent night sleep and at 6.10am we haven't heard a single door slam.. I'm sure out side of our cabin it's a little like a mad house with the majority of people moping around having to get off the ship over the next 3 hours or so... [emoji22] but as you all know we are very luck and will be spending another week onboard... [emoji51]

A little summary from week 1...

Cabin - we are in 1076 which is a C/C cabin and it's been great, we were warned about it being a noisy cabin but to be honest it's been pretty quiet most of the time & would have no problem booking it again, our room guys have been great and looked after us very well [emoji4]

MDR - all I can say is we loved every meal we had there and we ate there all 7 nights, food great, service great & everyone we saw/spoke to seemed to also be having a good time! [emoji4]

Bars - after night 1 surely I don't need to say anymore... [emoji15] but needless to say we enjoyed all we visited very much, the martini bar in particular was good & we spent most pre-dinners there,

Pool deck - this I guess is pretty standard... Yes it was very busy but if you wanted a bed in the sun for more then 2 people together you pretty much had to get there by 7.30am the latest as all the chair hogs were out in force... [emoji33] one women took delight in telling all her friends that turned up at various points of the morning that SHE was up and at the pool at 6am and reserved the whole row of around 12 beds... And then had the nerve to complain about a guy that complained to the pool butler about her... I guess there will always be people like that! [emoji15]

Ship - simply stunning and looks amazing in all areas

Crew - everyone we meet has been great with only 1 exception (one of the guys at the WCB) maybe he was having a bad day but we didn't go back! But generally all the crew onboard have been amazing and very friendly!

Officers - to be honest I've seen less of them around the ship Vs previous cruises, not that we go looking for them but would have been nice to have seen them around more, I think we only saw the captain once around the ship, but as I said we didn't look very hard... [emoji4]

Captains club host - We only meet the host a couple of times as we only went to breakfast there once and made a quick visit to the afternoon tea event but she seemed very nice and helped us out with a couple of questions we had,

Captains club breakfast - held in the Tuscan grill and we found it to be a very limited menu, a great location with a great view but in our opinion that's the only reason to go,

Captains club elite afternoon tea - held in Blu again it's a nice location but that's about it... From previous experience it seemed quite limited in food choices... And we even had to ask for the cake selection as we seemed to be missed off that course as they went around the few tables used! Don't think we will go to this again [emoji848]

If anyone has any specific questions please let me know! [emoji4]

Edited by MR_T

We can't thank you enough for posts this past week. It really does help excite us even more about our cruise in two weeks. We will be on the Western itinerary so I will be very curious about your posts this week.

Quick question... Celebrity has rolled out their new "shows" on board, right? What was your impression?

:)

We can't thank you enough for posts this past week. It really does help excite us even more about our cruise in two weeks. We will be on the Western itinerary so I will be very curious about your posts this week.

Quick question... Celebrity has rolled out their new "shows" on board, right? What was your impression?

:)

Thanks for your comments, [emoji4]

The shows we went to were great, I forgot to mention them so will post separately regarding these! [emoji16]

In addition to my brief summary I missed a few bits out so please see below -

Cruise director/the space man/Richard Spacey - what can I say... What a fantastic member of the entertainment crew he has been, we did sail with him last year on the Silhouette and loved him last year and this cruise he's gone up a notch [emoji16] we've all felt he is the best CD we've come across,

The shows - in the past we have really enjoyed them so didn't really go to many, this was our first cruise since the revamp of the shows and where we didn't go to all of them the 4 we did go to were great, anyone joining this week must see the following 2 shows 1 - the tenors of rock (getting off at grand Cayman) / 2 - the comedian rondel Sheridan (not sure on the spelling!! Or when he's getting off)

In addition to my brief summary I missed a few bits out so please see below -

Cruise director/the space man/Richard Spacey - what can I say... What a fantastic member of the entertainment crew he has been, we did sail with him last year on the Silhouette and loved him last year and this cruise he's gone up a notch [emoji16] we've all felt he is the best CD we've come across,

The shows - in the past we have really enjoyed them so didn't really go to many, this was our first cruise since the revamp of the shows and where we didn't go to all of them the 4 we did go to were great, anyone joining this week must see the following 2 shows 1 - the tenors of rock (getting off at grand Cayman) / 2 - the comedian rondel Sheridan (not sure on the spelling!! Or when he's getting off)

If you have the opportunity, could you see if Richard Spacey will be on the Reflection in August for the Mediterranean Cruises . (Specifically August 19th). We too had him on the Silhouette last year, and he is by far the best cruise director. Thanks so much and enjoy week 2 of your vacation. Thanks for the posts, enjoying immensely.

Looking forward to week two. Keep up the good work!

Question about Bistro on Five...are the crepes all gone? What is the charge?

Bistro on 5 is now sushi on 5... So crepes are no longer available but only on reflection at the moment but from what we've seen its looking good... We may go for lunch there tomorrow so I will report back!