What brand of tea available on Eclipse/Blu?

thespiritmovesme

Is it Lipton, Twinings, Bigelow or something else?

None of those. The use a brand called First Tea. It really seems a poor quality to me. Occasionaly I find Twinings bags at the buffet .. but very few and usually when sailing from the UK . They are all gone early cruise. so I am onto them and I will admit to 'stocking up' when I spot them.. just enough to get me through the cruise

On our last Eclipse cruise we saw a few bags of Twinings occasionally. I can't remember the name of their usual teas, but I didn't recognize the name, and I agree that it was not very impressive. If you enjoy a good cuppa, you might do as I will in future, which is to bring my own tea with me.

Like many things on Celebrity, the quality of the tea brand has been downgraded! Last week on the Reflection DW decided to get some Rice Crispies at the Lido. When she orders them for room service she gets a small box of the real Kellogs Rice Crispies. But in the Lido they have cereal in large clear plastic bins. Although they look like the real thing they are apparently some kind of cheap generic cereal. As we posted more then a year ago (when they eliminated free bottled water in Aqua Class)....Celerity is trying hard to implement a "death by a thousand cut-backs" policy. Also consider Murano where some folks (who are not able to get a discount) pay $50 per person for dinner. And then they decide to order tea...and yes, its another $5 (this is not a problem if you have a drink package).

DW's advice for fellow tea drinkers is to simply bring along your own favorite tea bags. There is still no charge for hot water (although that might change next week).

Hank

Like many things on Celebrity, the quality of the tea brand has been downgraded! Last week on the Reflection DW decided to get some Rice Crispies at the Lido. When she orders them for room service she gets a small box of the real Kellogs Rice Crispies. But in the Lido they have cereal in large clear plastic bins. Although they look like the real thing they are apparently some kind of cheap generic cereal. As we posted more then a year ago (when they eliminated free bottled water in Aqua Class)....Celerity is trying hard to implement a "death by a thousand cut-backs" policy. Also consider Murano where some folks (who are not able to get a discount) pay $50 per person for dinner. And then they decide to order tea...and yes, its another $5 (this is not a problem if you have a drink package).

DW's advice for fellow tea drinkers is to simply bring along your own favorite tea bags. There is still no charge for hot water (although that might change next week).

Hank

Yep... always bring your own. Easy to pack... bring a stainless steel travel mug and you're good to go!

At self service areas they offer tea bags by Fields and Select ..at least thru last Oct, Many choices, herbal, organic, black, green, flavors, caffeinated or caf free. The tea is generallly good...sometimes two teabags needed for a strong brew,,,

At Cafe Baccio they have tea forte, a top choice that we use at home,

At self service areas they offer tea bags by Fields and Select ..at least thru last Oct, Many choices, herbal, organic, black, green, flavors, caffeinated or caf free. The tea is generallly good...sometimes two teabags needed for a strong brew,,,

At Cafe Baccio they have tea forte, a top choice that we use at home,

You should also mention that the tea forte (at Cafe Baccio and in Murano) is not free....unless one has a drink package or is Elite Plus.

Hank

Yes, that it true...but a a nice treat! Sorry I did not mention that...thanks for the reminder.

We have it on our package and I look forward to Cafe Al Bacio most afternoons.. We try to ignore card players etc who kind of make the place more crowded and noisier.,,

I take my own, just better than being disappointed by the selection on board....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Me too, I pack my own Twinings Chai and Earl Grey. The offerings in Al Bachio, the restaurants and even the elegant tea service are poor.

The coffee in Al Bachio is good, but pretty grim in most other parts of the ship.

• 7 months later...

I am glad I found a post for tea people! I must say, I last cruised with Oceania and I was SO disappointed with their tea in the MDR and breakfast buffet. And it's not like they weren't aware of what good tea is because they had in the asian cuisine speciality restaurant. I learned that in the future, I should bring my own tea. We'll see how things go with Celebrity when I cruise next. I'll still bring my own but hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I am glad I found a post for tea people! I must say, I last cruised with Oceania and I was SO disappointed with their tea in the MDR and breakfast buffet. And it's not like they weren't aware of what good tea is because they had in the asian cuisine speciality restaurant. I learned that in the future, I should bring my own tea. We'll see how things go with Celebrity when I cruise next. I'll still bring my own but hope to be pleasantly surprised.

As an avid tea drinker, I encourage you to bring your own tea when on Celebrity. The Fields and Select tea is weak and flavorless. I always travel with my own tea bags, especially my black decaf bags (Typhoo or PG Tips decaf). The waiters in Luminae became used to me asking for “hot water only” and using my own tea bag. I do share my tea bags if someone asks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I give tea a miss as you are never able to get boiling water
When I get tea at the buffet, I have to use 2 paper cups together with a cardboard sleeve on the outside or I can't hold it. If it's not 212 degrees (or 100 Celsius), it's pretty darn close!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

You should also mention that the tea forte (at Cafe Baccio and in Murano) is not free....unless one has a drink package or is Elite Plus.

Hank

I have found the Tea Forte at Cafe Baccio to be very good...much better than what is offered in other areas of the ship. We always have breakfast in Blu and I go by Cafe Baccio and pick up an Earl Gray tea bag to take with me (free with Elite Plus)...and then the waiters will bring me hot water. I'm sure since I'm from So Cal my tea tastes are not as refined as those of you from the UK but it's ok for me!! :) LuAnn

Great advice. Sailing Equinox Eastern Caribbean in February. I will be bringing my own Yorkshire Teabags. Quite sad that I cannot last 10 days without a decent strong cuppa. Other brands will not do at. I will bring plenty... willing to share (at a price.. ha ha)

I am a weird Brit Tea Junkie

We also dislike the LaVazza coffee brand...others love it. We find it quite bitter. There is usualy good coffee in Tuscan at the Elite breakfast and dinner,

I do not remember on Celebrity, but usually on Italian bar with similar coffee machine, there are two types of coffee. Just ask and try the other kind. (Often there is a default type depending of the type of coffee). But if someone is on a Celebrity ships, maybe she could confirm and tell us which kind of coffee (as coffee grains) they provide.

Great advice. Sailing Equinox Eastern Caribbean in February. I will be bringing my own Yorkshire Teabags. Quite sad that I cannot last 10 days without a decent strong cuppa. Other brands will not do at. I will bring plenty... willing to share (at a price.. ha ha)

I am a weird Brit Tea Junkie

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Forums