Premier Beverage Package Questions

Hermitogo

Considering buying the package for a 15 day cruise which will be about $1250 per person.

It says it will count towards a cocktail up to $12. How much are the cocktails? We will be ordering simple ones like well vodka sodas and well or bombay gin and tonics.

We can order one and share it with our spouse, right? Would rather not buy two cards.

Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!

Most drinks are included

There are some (2?) Bellinis on Royal and Regal that are not covered and some bourbon/scotch in Salty Dog that I’ve noticed.

Sharing is not allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So , over $12, right?

how are/do they police the not sharing part?

Easily.

You can only order one drink at a time.

You cannot show your spouse's cruise card to get yourself a drink under the PBP as the OP wishes to do.

If observed handing off a drink to someone else the possibility of having the package cancelled with no refund is real.

Princess has dropped canned sodas, tried to drop bottled water, and now instructs bar staff not to hand out unopened beers. All after raising the price by $10/day. So let's just put the sharing talk to bed.

So , over $12, right?

Most drinks are under $12

Some cost more than$12 and are not covered.

If you want a drink that costs more than $12 you pay full price (not the difference) and if you drink more than 15 in a day, you can pay full price for those, assuming you are okay to keep drinking. They have the right to refuse you but Ive never heard of that happening to anyone on Princess

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The secret cruise police monitor how often a card is used and then follow the perpetrator to make sure he/she has not given the drink to another person or even allowed them to sip it.

Really - why do you think it is OK to scam the system when it clearly says that the drink package is not to be shared?

how are/do they police the not sharing part?

I don’t understand the obsession with cheating the system. If you spend enough time at a bar, they know you are sharing. It’s not allowed. I’ve seen people trying to cheat the system. It’s usually very obvious.

My personal opinion is that all the “sharing” has caused the increased prices and loss of benefits to the package

Considering buying the package for a 15 day cruise which will be about $1250 per person.

It says it will count towards a cocktail up to $12. How much are the cocktails? We will be ordering simple ones like well vodka sodas and well or bombay gin and tonics.

We can order one and share it with our spouse, right? Would rather not buy two cards.

Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!

Limit 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period.

One drink at a time

About 95% of all drinks on the ship are menu priced $12 or under

You can not share the package. See text below

Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable.

Shipboard management reserves the right toadd additional restrictions, revoke or cancel the Premier Beverage Package atany point during a guest’s voyage for any reasonwith or without a prorated refund. Additional actions may be taken ifguests:

· Become intoxicated

· Provide beverages to the other guests or donot comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package

· Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, asafety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to theother cruise guests or staff

· Exceed or attempt to circumvent the dailylimits and service limitations outlined

I don’t understand the obsession with cheating the system. If you spend enough time at a bar, they know you are sharing. It’s not allowed. I’ve seen people trying to cheat the system. It’s usually very obvious.

My personal opinion is that all the “sharing” has caused the increased prices and loss of benefits to the package

Like you, I don't understand it either. Sadly, some do feel it's OK to cheat .... :(

The obsession is paying $7 for a beer ( with mandatory tip to open it ) $ 10 for a rum and coke.

Paying almost $ 500 for one person for a 7 day cruise.

Drop it to $50 total pp and make everyone in the cabin get it. I'm totally in for that

I've never bought the package before but with so much OBC on some upcoming cruises I'm thinking about it. I'm thinking of using my elite bar set up day 1 and then buy the package day 2 and just paying the fee from there on. Is that allowed?

I've never bought the package before but with so much OBC on some upcoming cruises I'm thinking about it. I'm thinking of using my elite bar set up day 1 and then buy the package day 2 and just paying the fee from there on. Is that allowed?

Princess neither pro-rates nor retroactively applies their beverage packages if you wait to buy them later than as soon as you board (or in advance).

The obsession is paying $7 for a beer ( with mandatory tip to open it ) $ 10 for a rum and coke.

Paying almost $ 500 for one person for a 7 day cruise.

Drop it to $50 total pp and make everyone in the cabin get it. I'm totally in for that

That was ruined by the sharers.

The price used to be more reasonable.

It really bums me out the price has increased so much and the benefits have been diminished.

Princess has dropped canned sodas, tried to drop bottled water, and now instructs bar staff not to hand out unopened beers. All after raising the price by $10/day. So let's just put the sharing talk to bed.

fishy

Did they add back the bottled water? What if we both have the drink package and want an unopened beer to take elsewhere--do you know if this is OK? I am a klutz and if I take an opened beer from a bar to some other spot I will spill most of it on the way (or trip on something, never fails) ;)

Thanks

ML

Many drinks are in the $8-$10 range. And you might want to consider that there are 2 Happy Hours (usually 4-5 and 10-11) where a 2nd same drink is $1. DW and I do enjoy adult beverages...but there is no way we could ever justify spending over $130/day for 2 drink packages. Even on sea days our bar tab seldom exceeds $80....and on some days it will be less then $50. One would have to guzzle an awful lot of booze to break even on the package. Guess I am getting to darn old...because I prefer to enjoy (and even remember) my cruise :). Getting smashed is just not as much fun as it used to be :).

Hank

fishy

Did they add back the bottled water? What if we both have the drink package and want an unopened beer to take elsewhere--do you know if this is OK? I am a klutz and if I take an opened beer from a bar to some other spot I will spill most of it on the way (or trip on something, never fails) ;)

Thanks

ML

According to this other thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2560550

there are no issues getting bottled water with the new PBP. When the new Terms & Conditions first popped up on the Princess website bottled water was classified the same as canned sodas: no longer included but available with a 25% discount. That changed about a week or so later.

The "no unopened beers" has been an issue at the BOGO happy hour for quite a while now; how strict there are with the new limitations of the PBP is still an open question. To me it makes no sense to give any grief over canned or bottled drinks at happy hour--its not cheating if you are paying the advertised price. It just seems to me that the relatively harsh language in the new PBP rules is setting the scene for a lot of ballbusting from bar servers--until the complaints start rolling in (or sales of the plan decrease).

My further unsolicited two cents: if this rule change coupled with a price increase is mostly due to losses from sharing it would make more sense to keep the price the same but just require everyone on the booking (or at least the first two in the cabin) to buy the package. And require the soda package if one of the two primary in the cabin is under 21. I have a suspicious feeling that the main issue with sharing is when only one buys the package because "my spouse doesn't drink alcohol" so they rationalize using their package to get sodas and/or coffees for sail spouse: "its not cheating because its not a real drink I am giving them"

Thanks for the link, interesting.

While I get princess wanting to stop sharing, I agree that if we're getting something we purchase or that is covered by the bev package, they should just give it to us, especially if both people in the cabin have it.

Seems unnecessarily hostile to pax to insist we can't have an unopened can of beer. I guess we'll see what happens next April. maybe it will be sorted by then :)

Edited by NoWhiners
typos