New Cabanas at GSC-Small Cabana On The Cay

Nalagh

I just booked for our Dec. 1 Breakaway

Small Cabana On The Cay (All Day)

The small, private cabanas located on Fiesta Beach are ideal for a couple or a small family. They offer everything you need for a relaxing day on the Cay including complimentary floating mats, plus a $25 credit toward food and beverages.

Starting from ADULT $149 CHILD $149

The problem is I paid $299 because I am sailing on the Breakaway, if I were sailing the Sky the same week I would have paid $149 for the exact same Cabana, :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least I have a cabana at GSC.

So you're saying $450 for 1 adult and 2 children? I'd just paint them in your SPF 80 sunscreen and bring your own beach umbrella! Are they serving Dom with caviar? I'm pretty sure you for that amount, you can hire a few cabana boys too ;)

Edited by kylenyc

So you're saying $450 for 1 adult and 2 children? I'd just paint them in your SPF 80 sunscreen and bring your own beach umbrella! Are they serving Dom with caviar? I'm pretty sure you for that amount, you can hire a few cabana boys too ;)

The price is for the cabana bit per person. $299 and holds 8

I just booked for our Dec. 1 Breakaway

The small, private cabanas located on Fiesta Beach are ideal for a couple or a small family. They offer everything you need for a relaxing day on the Cay including complimentary floating mats, plus a $25 credit toward food and beverages.

Starting from ADULT $149 CHILD $149

The problem is I paid $299 because I am sailing on the Breakaway, if I were sailing the Sky the same week I would have paid $149 for the exact same Cabana, :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least I have a cabana at GSC.

Cherie I was thinking of a Cabana for our March cruise but Harold says I can't get off the boat there unless I wear protective gear for sand flea bites lol

Andrea

There are now two size cabanas. One holds 8 people & gives you $50 food/beverage credit. The other is for 4 people & gives $25 credit. They both cost $299 to rent. It's not per person.

We had one in March. It was great. We never stayed so long on the Private island. Really enjoyed the day at the beach.

Happy Cruising

There are now two size cabanas. One holds 8 people & gives you $50 food/beverage credit. The other is for 4 people & gives $25 credit. They both cost $299 to rent. It's not per person.

The price varies by cruise and ship it seems, $299 is the highest price reported here.

We had a cabana this Feb, unfortunately the weather was cloudy and somewhat windy so we didn't enjoy the day as much as we had hoped. It was great anyway but not sure if I would pay $299 for it (I had booked and paid it before they raised the price).

Edited by Demonyte

We had one in March. It was great. We never stayed so long on the Private island. Really enjoyed the day at the beach.

Happy Cruising

If they both cost $299 but one gives you more food credit, why would anyone reserve the smaller one? Makes no sense...

Hi,

we usally just book a clamshell. My DH is taking meds that do not mix well with the sun so to give us both what we want/need we do the clamshell.

We just returned from the Breakaway. We did not do the clamshell since we planned on being on the first tender and found lounge charis in the shade. When I wanted sun -- I found an empty chair on the beach.

We did book a cabana for our Christmas cruise -- mainly because our son and family will be with us. The cabana offers lots of shade and room for the grandkids (5 & 7). That way they can enjoy the island but not annoy other guests. Grandson has some ADHD and can become a handful.

You do get a food/drink voucher and a waiter for your convience.

The island now has 24 cabanas.

There soon will be a tram to access the far end of the island.

If they both cost $299 but one gives you more food credit, why would anyone reserve the smaller one? Makes no sense...

I agree same price makes no sense...for the same price do you want more space and a higher food credit...or a smaller space with a lower credit? Unless the smaller ones are somehow nicer or better located, why would anybody feel good about renting a smaller one?

Just saw this today - they are now offering small cabanas for the same price that I paid for the large ($299). But only offering $25 credit. What do you think?

Shore Excursion Details for Small Cabana On The Cay (All Day)

NPI_40NewTOur101713b_bkg.jpgboldline.gif Adult Pricing From

$ 299.00

Estimated Duration

All day

Rollover For Activity Details:

translucent.gif

Be the first to write a review

• level_1.gif

ACTIVITY LEVEL

Your private cabana holds up to 4 guests and offers the seclusion of fiesta beach and relaxing views of Bertram's cove. Each cabana includes everything you need for a relaxing day at the beach. Start the day with priority tender tickets, making it easy to get ashore. Bottled water and fresh, tropical fruit, await your arrival. Once you have settled in, enjoy the sea on a complimentary floating mat, plus a $25 credit toward food and beverages purchases made on the Cay. You have use of your cabana for the entire day.

Note: Price listed is per cabana (not per person); therefore only one person needs to reserve the cabana. Small cabana rental is good for up to 4 guests and includes 2 complimentary floating mats. Guests with limited mobility will not be able to access the water from the cabana.

Don't the large cabana's come with the water slide as well? I looked for the difference between the two but can't find the large one to compare this to. Also if you have more then 4 people but are willing to share the space and the credit do you need to get 2 or can you use one for everyone?

But does everyone get priority off the ship if not listed?

Just curious :-)

I can't wait to be going so want to know everything!!

Don't the large cabana's come with the water slide as well? I looked for the difference between the two but can't find the large one to compare this to. Also if you have more then 4 people but are willing to share the space and the credit do you need to get 2 or can you use one for everyone?

But does everyone get priority off the ship if not listed?

Just curious :-)

I can't wait to be going so want to know everything!!

You are so right - here's the description of the large cabana that I have - but i see its located at another beach:confused: Now that you mention it I don't see the water slide even though I'm sure I did before:confused: Will have to just wait and see what I get.

Est. Time:All day

Details:Picture yourself relaxing in your large, private cabana with everything you need for a relaxing day on the Cay - including complimentary floating mats, plus a $50 credit toward food and beverages.

Ideal for small groups or large families, your large private cabana accommodates up to 8 guests and comes with everything you need for a relaxing day at the beach. The large cabanas are located on Cabana Beach, a secluded beach adjacent to the main beach area. Start the day with priority tender tickets, making it easy to get ashore. Bottled water and fresh, tropical fruit, await your arrival. Once you’ve settled in – enjoy the sea on a complimentary floating mat, plus a $50 credit toward food and beverages purchases made on the Cay. You have use of your cabana for the entire day.

Note: Price listed is per cabana (not per person) therefore only one person needs to reserve the cabana. Large cabana rental is good up to 8 persons, with the ability to add up to two additional guests for $39 per person. Cabana rental includes up to 4 complimentary floating mats. Guests with limited mobility will not be able to access the water from the cabana.

If they are the same price, I'd opt for the larger one, even if it was only for 4 people. Why be cramped in the smaller one. Not to mention you get $50 credit instead of $25. Why would anyone go for the smaller one if they are the same price, unless that is all that is available.

Edited by NLH Arizona

If they are the same price, I'd opt for the larger one, even if it was only for 4 people. Why be cramped in the smaller one. Not to mention you get $50 credit instead of $25. Why would anyone go for the smaller one if they are the same price, unless that is all that is available.

There's no way I'd book the smaller one for the same price UNLESS the larger ones already booked! I lost out last August as all the Cabanas were booked more than 8 months out! I would have jumped at a smaller one then......;)

Hi,

we usally just book a clamshell. My DH is taking meds that do not mix well with the sun so to give us both what we want/need we do the clamshell.

We just returned from the Breakaway. We did not do the clamshell since we planned on being on the first tender and found lounge charis in the shade. When I wanted sun -- I found an empty chair on the beach.

We did book a cabana for our Christmas cruise -- mainly because our son and family will be with us. The cabana offers lots of shade and room for the grandkids (5 & 7). That way they can enjoy the island but not annoy other guests. Grandson has some ADHD and can become a handful.

You do get a food/drink voucher and a waiter for your convience.

The island now has 24 cabanas.

There soon will be a tram to access the far end of the island.

I am sailing the breakaway in 2 weeks and have not seen the option to book the clamshell- did you book once onboard? Would I need 2 for me and DH?

We booked our Cabana's for our 11/10/13 sailing in a few weeks way way way early! I was getting all of our paperwork in order today for the cruise and found the Cabana booking...We booked them April 25, 2012! More than a year and half from our sailing!

Heh...:D

When I look it up without signing in the price is 249 for large and 149 for small?

Strange. Guess the prices change for sailings?

You can pay an extra 39 to have a guest added to you cabana up to 2 extra but the description makes it sound like you can only do that if you have the large cabana

You are so right - here's the description of the large cabana that I have - but i see its located at another beach:confused: Now that you mention it I don't see the water slide even though I'm sure I did before:confused: Will have to just wait and see what I get.

Well unless you and I are both equally crazy you did see it and so did I LOL. I was actually pricing it with the thought of what was included so I could justify the cost but then I waited to long and they sold out. Today I saw the smaller ones and thought yeah I can still do it but they have less and cost the same :confused: makes no sense to me. Either way can't wait to go :cool: