Royal Princess "Wetdock"?

AtlantaCruiser72

I just received an email with the following statement from Princess:

In just over 200 days,Royal Princess® will arrive on the west coast for her firstfull season based in Los Angeles. Following a multi-million dollar wet docktaking place later this year, guests can experience the newly revitalized ship,including the award-winning Princess Luxury Bed, on sailings to the MexicanRiviera, California Coast or our iconic Alaska Voyage to the Glaciers!

Does anyone have any idea what changes/updates they are planning on making during the Wetdock?

Shipping companies are limited in the number of port calls the fleet can make at California ports before they have to convert to using shore power while in port. With Princess adding another ship to the West Coast (I don't know if they are moving a ship out or not), this may be the time that they are installing the shore power connection.

I just received an email with the following statement from Princess:

In just over 200 days,Royal Princess® will arrive on the west coast for her firstfull season based in Los Angeles. Following a multi-million dollar wet docktaking place later this year, guests can experience the newly revitalized ship,including the award-winning Princess Luxury Bed, on sailings to the MexicanRiviera, California Coast or our iconic Alaska Voyage to the Glaciers!

Does anyone have any idea what changes/updates they are planning on making during the Wetdock?

No below the hull work, so probably things like carpet/furniture, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

So does anybody have an idea what happens to the last cruise before the "wetdock"? I booked a cruise on the Royal last week and didn't know it was going to "wetdock. I wonder if that will have any effect on our cruise, such as short supplies on anything.

I am very happy about the Princess beds! I was able to sleep on the Princess bed back in March on the Ruby Princess. It is a wonderful night sleep. I even had a couple naps! LOL I am lucky to be on the first cruise after wetdock December 8th.

I would give odds the wetdock will include adding a MEO satellite dish (if it's not done

before then), allowing a shift to broadband internet aboard. They don't call it "Medallion

Net" on non-***** cruises -- look for "PrincessCONNECT".