Doing 3 cruises B2B on the Majesty, What should I expect

bs83703

If you have the same cabin, your stuff will remain....you will get off the ship, get a new seapass, and re-board. If you have to change cabins, you'll pack, the staff will move your stuff, you'll still get off, get a new seapass...etc...!

Be prepared for repeating menus!

I have read where they recommend you notify your Room Steward your staying on, & I believe let the Desk know, instructions will be dropped off the last evening of each leg of the cruise. I have also read, you will go off in a group to receive your new Sea pass Card then brought back in, so you might be asked to meet in a certain location.

I B2Bed on the Majesty in Feb and was told I'd have to get off the ship on turnaround day but I did NOT.

Apparently, after the 4-nighter, you don't have to get off, but i have heard you have to get off after the 3-nighter. I've read on these boards that it has to do with the ship clearing customs in Key West or something, and the 3-nighter doesn't go there.

You definitely have to tell your steward. I mentioned it to mine on Thu afternoon, because I had to change cabins. He had NO idea and told me to call Guest Relations. I was leaving the room so I said I'd do it later. When I saw him that evening he said he already talked to them for me.

I was instructed (I'm pretty sure via letter in my cabin) to be at the library at a certain time (I think 10) Fri morning. I was sitting there at 9:50 when a woman walked over, handed me my new seapass and said, "Have fun!"

So I didn't have to leave and I literally had the entire ship to myself (plus the crew of course!) for just over an hour. If you stay inside you'll catch a few interesting announcements. One person announced how many pax were about to board and later I heard someone announce something about smiling at all the pax as they pass them in the halls.

Since I changed cabins, I packed up (I didn't realize at the time that I could've left everything on the hangars...I had never done a B2B) and had my bags ready (in my room) by 8am. The steward moved them.

After I got my seapass at 9:50, I was able to check out my new cabin on a different deck. All the accessways to the cabins were still open. My new steward saw me and she said, "Hi, Amy!" That was cRaZy that she knew my name...but I was the ONLY B2Ber that week (during a holiday week no less...not many people B2B on the Maj, apparently). She had NO problem with me looking at the cabins. And my bags were already there. It was great!!

Actually the term is "three consecutive cruises".

The second day you are on board (the first day they are too busy) go to guest relations, introduce yourself and tell them what you are doing and that they please make a record of it. And is there anything else "I need to know"?

Things do fall the cracks at times and this 5 minute visit may save you a lot of time and aggravation later.

Don't worry about going to Nassau or Key West or the island twice. Just do something different the next time there. There is a lot to do at these places if you just plan it out.

Enjoy your cruises!

Rick and Deirdra

Don't worry about going to Nassau or Key West or the island twice. Just do something different the next time there. There is a lot to do at these places if you just plan it out.

Enjoy your cruises!

Rick and Deirdra

And of course it goes without saying that if for some reason you can't go to CocoCay the first time, you may have better luck the next time!

As for Nassau security, doesn't sound any more dangerous than other ports we've visited. When we visited Nassau the other week, at no point did we feel threatened, and we were walking all over the place on our own.

Scrozuk

We did a B2B2B on the Monarch in August.

We met at Guest Services about 9:45 and they handed us our new Sea Pass cards.

A Ship's Officer walked us ashore and we "Boinged Off" with our old Sea Passes, walked through Customs, Got our photo taken and "Boinged On" with the new Sea Pass card. The entire process took about 10 minutes.

We were also invited to dine at the Captain's Table during the third leg. Be sure to take at least a Coat & Tie just in case. They told us we were picked because we were doing a B2B2B.

I B2Bed on the Majesty in Feb and was told I'd have to get off the ship on turnaround day but I did NOT.

Apparently, after the 4-nighter, you don't have to get off, but i have heard you have to get off after the 3-nighter. I've read on these boards that it has to do with the ship clearing customs in Key West or something, and the 3-nighter doesn't go there.

You definitely have to tell your steward. I mentioned it to mine on Thu afternoon, because I had to change cabins. He had NO idea and told me to call Guest Relations. I was leaving the room so I said I'd do it later. When I saw him that evening he said he already talked to them for me.

I was instructed (I'm pretty sure via letter in my cabin) to be at the library at a certain time (I think 10) Fri morning. I was sitting there at 9:50 when a woman walked over, handed me my new seapass and said, "Have fun!"

So I didn't have to leave and I literally had the entire ship to myself (plus the crew of course!) for just over an hour. If you stay inside you'll catch a few interesting announcements. One person announced how many pax were about to board and later I heard someone announce something about smiling at all the pax as they pass them in the halls.

Since I changed cabins, I packed up (I didn't realize at the time that I could've left everything on the hangars...I had never done a B2B) and had my bags ready (in my room) by 8am. The steward moved them.

After I got my seapass at 9:50, I was able to check out my new cabin on a different deck. All the accessways to the cabins were still open. My new steward saw me and she said, "Hi, Amy!" That was cRaZy that she knew my name...but I was the ONLY B2Ber that week (during a holiday week no less...not many people B2B on the Maj, apparently). She had NO problem with me looking at the cabins. And my bags were already there. It was great!!

Did yoy have to do the mandatory muster drill for each segment of your B2B Cruise?

Did yoy have to do the mandatory muster drill for each segment of your B2B Cruise?

Unfortunately, yes. In Feb we had to trek back to our cabins and get our life jackets, then trek back to our cabins and return them. You no longer need the life jacket so it's not bad at all. The Liberty's muster was 15 minutes and she holds a lot more people! :)

Unfortunately, yes. In Feb we had to trek back to our cabins and get our life jackets, then trek back to our cabins and return them. You no longer need the life jacket so it's not bad at all. The Liberty's muster was 15 minutes and she holds a lot more people! :)

Thanks for the info. Have a peaceful turkey day.

Archived