Voyager back home, stuck in Galveston

Pumbaamd

Sorry to disagree, but I have watched it from 30 feet away and it does blow black smoke when they blow the horn. Absolutely.:cool:

And Conquest has just dropped her lines!

No worries...you're allowed to disagree. However, factually, the ships horn is just a large air horn similar to those you can buy at the store. They do not emit smoke. When you saw it, it was most likely just a coincidence that the black smoke was emitted at the same time the ship was blowing it's horn!

Puffinater...it seemed like you were being demeaning to the OP by pointing out in your terms how It could not be possible that the Voyager would be "home" in Texas.... the "not sure this calculates" remark is the condescending part...I'm pretty sure the OP knows that the Voyager is only here for four months....but he/she feels like Texas is her home....my point is what good is it doing for you to make a remark like that...

Puff: this IS her home until April

Shoot, I can't even see Voyager with all that fog! Hope she gets out soon!! We live about an hour from Galv (as the crow flies) & its terribly foggy here; can't imagine what Galv really looks like now. The fog must be immense!!

No worries...you're allowed to disagree. However, factually, the ships horn is just a large air horn similar to those you can buy at the store. They do not emit smoke. When you saw it, it was most likely just a coincidence that the black smoke was emitted at the same time the ship was blowing it's horn!

Did some research, the old liners did use the stacks, but you are right about the current ships....hard to think a sound that big could come out of an air horn. But honestly did see the dark smoke in connection with the horn on Conquest when we were parked in front of her last January on Voyager. But I always admit when I ere...my bad.

Still can't see Voyager on the cam - that would be sad if Conquest got out but V'ger didn't...

I am between two computers here...didn't see VOTS pull out yet, did anyone? I wonder if CCL got lucky and RCCL got well not lucky to keep it clean...bummer.

Still tied up at 2:35pm and the fog settled in again. Still no announcements if we will leave today

Ah, a Live from Galveston thread. Did they at least let y'all explore Galveston...not that the fog makes it real easy but may be better than stuck at the dock...

Hope y'all get on out and have a fun cruise regardless of how long it is or what ports you get to see.

Surely you will go if Conquest did! Two days late....naw!;)

It was clear when Conquest left but since then the fog came in really quickly. the captain did say we could still make our first stop if we left this morning. We can just about make out the dock from our balcony right now. Looks like another night in Galveston!

There's been a guy posting on the Carnival board updating on the situation...I think he also posted on the roll calls for Voyager and Conquest a few times since last night. Anyway, he said they are moving through the channel VERY slowly. Visibility is almost nil. For those of you who have made the trip from Galveston, the poster said they have an aft balcony, and they couldn't see Pelican Island when they passed!:eek:

Ah, a Live from Galveston thread. Did they at least let y'all explore Galveston...not that the fog makes it real easy but may be better than stuck at the dock...

Hope y'all get on out and have a fun cruise regardless of how long it is or what ports you get to see.

They are allowing US citizens to leave the ship but you risk the chance of the ship leaving without you if the leave in a hurry.

Here is Bob's latest report from the Conquest:

Fellow Cruisers:

We have cruised past Seawolf Park (barely visible through the fog), and have been right rudder now for some time. We must be on the east end of Galveston Island. There's no land-landmarks, though, through this fog. My Sprint Aircard will be out of range soon.

Again, thank you, fellow cruisers for all of your support. I'll have the more normal updates as our cruise proceeds. Keep our friends on Voyager in your thoughts and prayers for a good cruise. The fog is much worse now than when I posted before 2 pm. Godspeed Conquest and Voyager!

Bob and Donna from Dallas/Ft. Worth

Carnival Conquest, About to enter the Gulf of Mexico, 2:52 pm

I hope they are careful out there...I sure wouldn't want anything to happen to Conquest either!

But boy isn't that a kicker to have to stay in port another night?! Boo hiss. So sorry Vger passies. Hope you are all having fun at the bars and shows though. I wouldn't get off that ship on any bet at all!

Fellow Voyager Cruisers:

We are on Carnival Conquest. We are now 10 miles into the Gulf, according to the GPS. We see a bright white spot in the western sky, probably the sun! We are only making 9 knots right now. We hope that you are also soon in motion, and starting your vacations officially. Out here in the Gulf, there is still fog, but the Pilot Boat just returned going back to the Port. I think we are officially on own our now. I also see that just now we are kicking up a step and are making 11 knots or so.

Godspeed your travels, Voyager! Please report how you're doing. We feel like our vacation just officially began. Hopefully, yours is not far behind.

Bob and Donna from Dallas / Ft. Worth

Carnival Conquest, now in the Gulf of Mexico

Archived