Am I the only one who gets an Interior room?

jonnyc020385

I swear I am the only one who gets an Interior room :)

Is it that big of a difference from an Interior to a Balcony or Oceanview? We have only cruised once before on RCCL but we are going on a 12day March 7th on the Jade. It seems all the posts I see are people in Suites :P, now that I cannot do but was thinking if it is worth it maybe upgrading.

We always thought of it as we are on vacation and won't be in the room much as we like to attend all the shows and such. We are younger at 25 and 26 so are out and about a lot.

Any comments...suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Is it that big of a difference from an Interior to a Balcony or Oceanview? We have only cruised once before on RCCL but we are going on a 12day March 7th on the Jade. It seems all the posts I see are people in Suites :P, now that I cannot do but was thinking if it is worth it maybe upgrading.

We always thought of it as we are on vacation and won't be in the room much as we like to attend all the shows and such. We are younger at 25 and 26 so are out and about a lot.

Thanks in advance.

you certainly are not alone. If you were there would be no reason for inside cabins. in fact we are cruising with 2 other couples in April. One has balc, one outside and one inside. The main reason we do not do inside was a bad experience years ago on RCI. It was an older ship, tiny cabins and we were about to go nuts with the inside. Others like to use the extra money for other things.

Nita

You are not alone. There are LOTS of people that take inside cabins. Some cause that is all they can afford. Some cause that is all they care to spend. Some cause they see no sense throwing all that extra money overboard. Hence the nice mix of cabins that seem to work for the masses.

I don't really see the difference between an ocean view and an interior except the natural light and to tell you the truth I prefer the darkness but there is a huge difference between a balcony and an interior. JMO but a balcony is so much nicer. A suite is great but I personally can't generally afford them on a longer cruise which I prefer. But to have a balcony is very nice.

our 1st cruise was an inside & that was fine... we were so busy we were barely in the cabin. All others except one OV were balconys. Our up coming Med is an inside room. Mainly because of expenses & I figured we would be at at port most of the time (most days we in port until 6 or 8 pm) and only one sea day. This time around we're spending our money on excursions rather than view.

For those of us who might be a little claustrophobic being in an inside cabin for over a week, a balcony is a must. I need and want the fresh air in the morning without having to dress and go up on deck. I need natural light and think that an inside cabin feels like a tomb. I sleep well anywhere and don't need the total darkness of an inside cabin. I want to see/feel the sights and sounds as we depart from each port without having to go on deck. I enjoy reading in peace on the balcony. I love the whoosh-whoosh sound of the waves as I relax in my room. Even though I don't spend tons of time in the room during the daylight hours, mornings and evenings are wonderful on the balcony. As for suites, lovely if you can afford them, but for me not necessary. Once you have a balcony, you will never want to be in an inside cabin again.

I really wish I could save the $ and book an inside cabin (they can be a steal!) but for me the balcony is as much a part of the cruise experience as a port, food, entertainment....

To me the extra cost for a balcony is worth it. Just one cruiser's opinion. Cruises are wonderful if you sleep on a deck chair for a week!

Amy

Thanks in advance.

We usually go inside, which means we can cruise 2 or 3 times each year. You will find that the cabins for inside, oceanview & balcony are essentially the same size (slight difference with balcony) and the balcony area is actually quite small, and hemmed in to protect you from falling overboard or climbing in next door(s). With NCL, it is only at mini-suite level you see significant cabin size increase.

Some people prefer the fact that balcony areas allows fresh air into the room, and can be enjoyed when desired. We understand why some like that, but we consider the whole ship as our "balcony". During early March the weather in the Med will not be hot, but relatively cool, so use of balcony would be limited especially on sea days. We only once decided to try a balcony, and for every cruise since have elected for inside as we did not think it was any big deal with the balcony.

If you are in an inside cabin and want some clue about what is going on outside, put the cabin tv on the bow camera channel. I like to leave it on all night with the sound off, so in the morning, I can tell if it is light out, raining, etc. At night, the screen is very dark, so it won't bother you at night.

Last cruise was in a BA balcony, upcoming a superior inside cabin. We can go either way, for us it depends on the itinerary, the weather, and the cost differential. On our European cruises we have only had inside cabins or obstructed oceanview. In fact, the only balconies we have had were for our Panama Canal cruise and Hawaii.

If you were the only one, there wouldn't be so many inside cabins on the ships :D

Thanks in advance.

When I was 25, I didn't care just as long as I was on a cruise : ) My first cruise when I was 17, we were is an inside of an inside and we were almost never in there except to shower....had an awesome time!!! Now at 38, married with 3 kids we go in the largest we can afford since we have so much extra to bring.....and since we most likely will be spending more time in our cabin due to babes napping/sleeping.

Have a great cruise!! Wish I was 25 again ; )

I'd almost always book an inside cabin on a newer NCL ship because I strongly dislike the 3 compartment bathroom configuration of outside and higher category cabins. Inside cabins don't have the toilet in a tiny cubbyhole. Besides, if I'm in the cabin I'm usually not dressed. I don't want to cause anybody to go blind if I forget to draw the curtains!

we got an inside cabin because this is our first cruise & we figure we will hardly be in the room except to sleep, shower etc or if we're....uhhh hungover(i heard they're nice and dark and perfect for hangovers!)....

and if we decide we do like cruising, which i'm sure we will, we will opt for a balcony or something next time

Generally we prefer an inside cabin on trips to warmer climates because we tend to be in port for most of the day and there are so many areas of the ship to while away the time. I would much rather spend our money on other things. We have only booked a balcony when the scenery is the primary reason for the trip, i.e. Hawaii, Alaska.

Archived