PLEASE IDEAS ASAP -hotel in Barcelona

motherchic

We stayed at the Hotel Regina which is one block off La Rambla; very clean and lovely. The Hotel Management is excellent and very responsive to emails. Photos in the link below.

We paid far less than $500 US for two nights.

Our price also included a very nice breakfast each morning.

You might also would to check the Trip Advisor Website (hope I am not breaking any rules here) for Barcelona Hotels; lots of current reviews of the hotels.

We had a lovely time in Barcelona prior to our 12 night Med. cruise on the Brilliance OTS last August.

Happy Cruising.

Kathy:)

also check http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/

we booked Hotel Continental on Las Rambla for about 97Euros a night in March. Has gotten mostly positive reviews. We like to make our own "review" so we don't pay too much attention to other peoples opinions and the location was the deciding factor for us.

Good luck.

After reading the boards here I was going to book the Jazz hotel in Barcelona.

The price for 2 days in May was going to be $500 U.S.

I was hoping for less and still clean and safe.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thank you much

We grabbed 4 rooms at Hotel Olivia: http://www.oliviahotels.es/

It was clean, convenient, should make your budget.

Or there is always tripadvisor

If you like the Jazz, keep checking prices. When we traveled last year the prices seemed to change daily. Some on our trip (July high season) booked, canceled, and rebooked several times as the price dropped. Your quoted price is VERY high. We paid 90 euros (around $130 at the time). We enjoyed the Jazz (especially the rooftop bar) and found it to be very convenient!

Thank you I will keep trying. Last night instead of sleeping I looked on trip advisor, Barcelona hotels. I read allot of reviews.

One place got allot of great reviews, but its a hostal. I always thought hostals were sort of icky and for college students. But it seemed to be married couples posting reviews and some med cruisers.

Does anyone know any thing about that?

After reading the boards here I was going to book the Jazz hotel in Barcelona.

The price for 2 days in May was going to be $500 U.S.

I was hoping for less and still clean and safe.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thank you much

What about Atrium Palace? We got a great rate for June but I am not sure if it is still available.

http://www.hotel-atriumpalace.com/index.html

Still very good location and I have found the price is more reasonable.

Check the Hotel Inglaterra. Stayed there last September and LOVED it! Great location (3 blocks from Las Ramblas), Near HOHO bus stop. Clean, modern rooms with balconies(be sure and pay extra for the Supperior Room), excellent breakfast, helpful staff. Our new home in Barcelona!!!

You may not see the discount rates right away.

They do NOT come up unless you click on the button that says special rates. They may also be on the home page of the web site saying something like 20% for 3 days etc.

IF you just put in the dates you want they will NOT come up automatically so be diligent and search around a little.

After reading the boards here I was going to book the Jazz hotel in Barcelona. The price for 2 days in May was going to be $500
We stayed at Jazz in Nov/09 and are booked to stay there again in April/10. Both times we paid E101/nite with an advance booking. The rates are very fluid so keep checking the Jazz website.

But if Jazz doesn't pan out for you, take a look at Hotel Inglaterra. It's right across the street from Jazz & we popped in recently to look at the rooms. The hotel has a very different feel from Jazz but we would consider it a decent alternative.

that is dollars, not Euros...at BCN Montjuic..lift, A/c near Pz, shopping cafes..walk to Ramblas..Google for info..this is for late May, then early June.. and with a cancel policy..all money back for 24 hr notice..Global Discount Hotel Reservations. is the site...nice people too..

We named our own price for a five star on Priceline and got the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel at the harbor and a few blocks from Las Ramblas for much less than $200 per night in February. Not sure it's truly a five star, but the price was great even for a four star and I've heard good things about the hotel but won't know for sure until we arrive in two weeks (woo hoo!).

We have stayed at the Jazz and did enjoy it. Another hotel that we stayed at, which is about a 5 minute walk from Jazz is NH Calderon. Also a nice hotel with a rooftop pool. Not sure when OP is going, but worth checking the rates. Good tapas restaurant on the same block, a couple of doors down.

I booked Jazz not that long ago and 3 days was $430E (right now about $600) also in May. Try booking directly at the hotel rather than the booking sites and it will almost always be cheaper. The actual cost per room wasn't bad for two of the days but I think because we are there on a Friday, that day was higher. I intend to keep checking and if it goes down, cancel/modify and rebook the same hotel. They did change a lot since I've been tracking.

Archived