Chime in! What's your favorite ship and why?

mgg42

Compared to some of the experts here, I'm a newbie! Only5 cruises under my belt, with two coming up this year. But so far, bigger has always been better.

And I didn't think I could top Freedom of The Seas. But I will be curious to see Oasis.

So tell me, of all the ships you have been on. Which is you favortie and why?

We've been on 4 cruises (in order: Navigator, Explorer, Serenade, Independence).

For my favourite, it's a toss-up between the Serenade and the Independence. We did the Serenade for the 14-day Ultimate Alaska and it was the perfect ship for this itinerary: glass everywhere to enjoy the (frigid) scenery, a heated pool in the covered Solarium, and the thermal suite to thaw out after a day in port. I did miss a few of the Promenade features though.

Which is why I loved the Independence (6-night Belize itinerary). There was lots to do and even though we sailed during spring break, it rarely felt crowded. I loved the cantilevered whirlpools, Sorrento's, and all the activities. It probably helped that we had the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" on this cruise, so we had suite privileges- a big bonus!

For my husband, hands down, it is the Serenade. If it had a pub, he would NEVER get off!

Cheers,

Sun Viking cuz she was so small and welcoming.

Of the ships that are in service now I would say the Radiance, also because she is smaller and you feel a sense of community on her.

I am going on Oasis in Sept and pretty sure she will not be in my top 5, but put me on any ship and she will be my favorite for the time I am on her.

My two best cruises ever were the Vision thru the Panama Canal on our Honeymoon in 98, and the Radiance in Alaksa in 08.

Our favorites have been the Freedom Class ships...

We have been on the Freedom and Liberty, and will be jumping on the Independence in a couple of weeks...

We love the Promenade...great place to hang and people watch. Love the quieter pool...I love the spa and gym area....Love Olive Or Twist for pre-dinner cocktails....love the large theater, which allows the productions to be even more over-the-top....love the ice shows....

We have always had surprisingly great service on these ships! We always figure that due to the size, service will suffer somewhat, but it has been just the opposite! We have had some of or best, most personalized service on those ships!

Looking forward to trying the Allure next year....

I have to agree with all the posters who said Radiance class was their favorite, we love any of those ships but the Jewel is our very favorite. We did a Baltic Seas cruise followed by a transatlantic in 2004 and loved every minute. Did not want to get off the ship when we returned (but then, I never do!).

Sherri:)

Having sailed with Royal Caribbean only twice so far, I came here more to read than to comment. I'm constantly amazed that the Radiance Class ships ALWAYS rank highest in polls such as this. I will be on Serenade in five weeks and two days and I'm very anxious to experience the Radiance Class. I worried booking Serenade over Adventure, because I find the Royal Promenade so impressive and I love the parades. I prefer Voyager Class (my cruise was on Adventure) to Freedom Class (FOS last year), so perhaps I'm one of those "smaller is better" types. We'll see!

As cool as it looks, I really have no interest in the Oasis Class at this point. Partly due to the limited ports of call, but mostly because I found Freedom to be too large and crowded for my taste. I can't fathom going even larger!!

Anmother vote for the Radiance, we have sailed on the Brilliance and were on the Radiance for our 2008 RT Hawaii, and felt it was our most memorable cruise. As previously mentioned, the glass and view offers such a WOW factor along with the open feeling and being able to see the ocean from so many areas on the ship.

Out of the 4 (soon to be 5) cruises we've been on it's a close call between the Liberty and Jewel. I think the Jewel has the edge. It's hard to explain. I know the radience class ships seem to always do well in polls. I don't know if I can really say why, but the atmosphere, the CD, everything about the cruise on the Jewel was just so perfect.

Here is my ships in order so far......

1. Mariner - Loved the royal promenade, flow of ship and the entertainment was A++

2. Voyager - again royal promenade and the big plus is home port Galveston

3. Serenade - Loved the atmosphere, Flowed well and all the glass

4. Rhapsody - First ship, loved the solarium and again it sailed out of Galveston

5. Liberty - Beautiful ship, Flow rider

6. Splendour - It sailed 5 day cruises out of Galveston

7. Carnival Conquest - Did not like the flow of the ship but food was excellent!

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Adventure! Great ship, great crew, awesome itineraries! We are sad to see they are moving her to Europe! I guess that gives us the opportunity to try the Serenade now since we really love the Southern islands :D Would really love to see a Freedom class moved to San Juan to do the southern itin!

Toss up between Serenade and Adventure....

Sernande was elegant and wonderful for both an Alaskan cruise and my honeymoon!

Adventure I have done 3 times out of SJ and love the Royal Promenade and ice skating rink.

Honestly, I think all levels are great (by end of year will have done Monarch 3 times) and can't wait to try Liberty this year and maybe Oasis in 2011!

Archived