CCL Shareholders - Don't Delay

Frank12

I dont think people should purchase any stock merely for OBC or some perk.

Well - we only bought 100 shares, and got a good deal on it. We did not purchase for the investment (although we knew it was a relatively safe purchase). We purchased it PRIMARILY for the OBC. As many times as we cruise with Carnival, I would venture that we have made out pretty well!

Obviously, the more you sail, the more it pays off. But... you have to spend to save! (I love it when Cheryl tells me something like that after going shopping!) :eek:

Tom

The only perk is the OBC you get when you cruise. You'll get between $50 - $250 depending on the length of the cruise.

Here are the actual details:

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/irol/14/140690/shareben.pdf

I'm thinking the dividend that's back is a perk too!!! I like the income!!! $.40 annual and it'll be paid in March and quarterly.

As well as it's appreciation... :D

the OBC is icing on the cake!!!!!

So can someone confirm that if I have a cruise already booked but have not yet bought stock, I can still do so and get the OBC?

Also, according to the carnival website, anyone travelling on a 'reduced-rate' is not eligeable. We booked through a website for significantly less than the price on the Princess website. Does Carnival know how much we paid? Do you think we are still eligeable?

And finally, how long do we have to hold the stock? Do we prove that we own the stock, and have a cruise booked, receive the OBC then sell or do we have to hold it till we cruise? And if so, can we sell it once we set sail?

I'm not sure anyone even has these answers but I couldn't find a phone number for carnival to ask these questions on the investment area of the website. Thanks if anyone can help.

So can someone confirm that if I have a cruise already booked but have not yet bought stock, I can still do so and get the OBC?

Also, according to the carnival website, anyone travelling on a 'reduced-rate' is not eligeable. We booked through a website for significantly less than the price on the Princess website. Does Carnival know how much we paid? Do you think we are still eligeable?

And finally, how long do we have to hold the stock? Do we prove that we own the stock, and have a cruise booked, receive the OBC then sell or do we have to hold it till we cruise? And if so, can we sell it once we set sail?

I'm not sure anyone even has these answers but I couldn't find a phone number for carnival to ask these questions on the investment area of the website. Thanks if anyone can help.

You can buy the stock and apply it after you already have booked a cruise.

I dont know that I would be trading in and out of a stock, but once you prove you own the stock, they dont keep checking up on you. Iv tried stock trading with the best, and timing is not as easy as you might guess. You could easily lose that $100 you gain in OBC by bad timing. Thats why Im just holding, as long as earnings look up.

An no, they dont know if your TA is eating commission to save you money. What they mean is for instance you cant apply if you are travelling on a interline rate.

You can buy the stock and apply it after you already have booked a cruise.

I dont know that I would be trading in and out of a stock, but once you prove you own the stock, they dont keep checking up on you. Iv tried stock trading with the best, and timing is not as easy as you might guess. You could easily lose that $100 you gain in OBC by bad timing. Thats why Im just holding, as long as earnings look up.

An no, they dont know if your TA is eating commission to save you money. What they mean is for instance you cant apply if you are travelling on a interline rate.

They have asked me to prove I still have the stock every time I ask for the OBC. I did a B2B in December and had to prove I still owned the stock, then for my cruise in March, I had to prove I still had the stock.

I sent them the same paperwork I used back in December, but they said I needed to send them a current statement showing I still had the stock. Must have something to do with my shifty eyes. :D

They have asked me to prove I still have the stock every time I ask for the OBC. I did a B2B in December and had to prove I still owned the stock, then for my cruise in March, I had to prove I still had the stock.

I sent them the same paperwork I used back in December, but they said I needed to send them a current statement showing I still had the stock. Must have something to do with my shifty eyes. :D

Right, but once you got the OBC attached, you could have sold the stock before you actually cruised, which was what the poster asked, do they ask again, to prove you didnt sell it.

I get sometimes 5 applied at a time, and never had to prove again later I still owned it once the OBC was applied.

Thanks firefly and dafuser. DH does lots of day trading so we shall see if he thinks it's worth it. We are doing a 14 night so stand to gain $250 if we don't lose money on the stock (minus trading fees and currency conversion, presuming it trades on the NY exchange).

Just curious, after you send in proof of ownership, how long does it take to get confirmation of the OBC and how do they send you confirmation?
I got my confirmation via email after 4 -5 days. I also looked at my documents and saw the OBC listed there.

Buying any common stock is a gamble .The risk associated with stock buys is market risk based on many economical factors ,not just the performance of the company.

Imo ,at present prices CCL is fairly valued & I would not buy shares at this time .There are far better stock buys out there than CCL or RCL .

I chart stocks & have been trading for over 50 years . Don't just buy CCL stock for a OBC .If you buy the stock buy it to make a profit & then benefit from the OBC while you own it .

You can buy the stock and sell a long dated covered call at a low exercise price and be pretty well protected against a drop in price.

I'm thinking the dividend that's back is a perk too!!! I like the income!!! $.40 annual and it'll be paid in March and quarterly.

As well as it's appreciation... :D

the OBC is icing on the cake!!!!!

From what I've read the dividends have been reinstated but at .10 per share not the previous .40 cents per share. I wish it were the higher amount still!!

Right, but once you got the OBC attached, you could have sold the stock before you actually cruised, which was what the poster asked, do they ask again, to prove you didnt sell it.

I get sometimes 5 applied at a time, and never had to prove again later I still owned it once the OBC was applied.

I recently submitted my info for my April cruise to get the stockholders credit. I received a reply back requesting my most current stock broker statement. They also said it has to be submitted no earlier than 90 days from sailing. This is the first time I've ever been asked for this. When I submitted my stock info for last October's cruise they said they couldn't apply it for our April cruise and to resubmit the info prior to sailing.

We have received the shareholders credit on several cruises and plan on cruising twice a year so it does help to receive that OBC :)

I recently submitted my info for my April cruise to get the stockholders credit. I received a reply back requesting my most current stock broker statement. They also said it has to be submitted no earlier than 90 days from sailing. This is the first time I've ever been asked for this. When I submitted my stock info for last October's cruise they said they couldn't apply it for our April cruise and to resubmit the info prior to sailing.

We have received the shareholders credit on several cruises and plan on cruising twice a year so it does help to receive that OBC :)

I guess like everything else at CCL, it depends who you speak to or in my case, who picked up the fax. All of my shareholder OBC's were submitted and posted >6 months in advance. My cruise in Nov10, was already posted in Dec09.

I LOVE the perk:)

I don't know if this is the answer to your question, but we always book Military rate, which I would assume is a "reduced rate" and I always get my OBC.

I bought my stock when it was really cheap about 13 months ago .It is paying itself with OBC on ALL companies owned by Carnival including Princess ,Costa HAL etc I usually book balconies so it does add up but I do not get dividends

I'm happy with OBC I hope I keep getting it .Since I bought the stock I only travel with CCL companies .I've really enjoyed SPIRIT and Princess ships

Looking forward to Valor

What are the perks of being a stockholder for CCL? I may purchase some of their shares if the perks are good. Or, is there a site where I can review this info? Thanks.
The only perk is the OBC you get when you cruise. You'll get between $50 - $250 depending on the length of the cruise.

There are two other 'perks'. The stock pays a $40 yearly dividend. And the stock price doubled this past year.

• 4 weeks later...
Can you get more than one OBC?

Like the shareholder OBC and the OBC from a past guest coupon purchased on a previous cruise?

near the beach,

Yes you can. We received Future Cruise credit and stockholders credit last year on Legend and it's in our documents for our upcoming cruise on Dream. We also have a total of $750 OBC from ES price drops on our Dream cruise. To recap, we have Future Cruise, Stockholders, and Early Saver OBC all together for our next cruise. :)

If you do have 100 shares of Carnival stock can you get the OBC on Princes or Holland American lines also? SIne they are owned by Carnival.

near the beach,

Yes. Shareholders credit is extended to all Carnival Corp brands.

It has to be owned separately in two separate accounts, one in both names to get OBC for two cabins, that are booked in each name seaparately.

Joint account, = one OBC for one cabin.

That's not correct.

If you own 100 shares in a joint account, either of you can get $100 OBC on a 7-day booking. So if one of you can go but not the other, the one that goes can get the OBC. Next time if the other one goes, the other one can get the $100 OBC.

If you own 200 or more shares in the joint account, then if you book two rooms with the two of you in separate cabins, both cabins will get the $100 OBC. My wife and I did this a couple of times, on Carnival and Costa cruises.

When I tried to get Carnival to post two OBC for booked cruises they would only do one which was already in final payment. They told me to resubmit the second after final payment. That would mean that you would not need to own the stock when the cruise was booked.

I plan to continue cruising a lot so I don't plan on selling before any cruise.

As someone pointed out, it is a tax free dividend. I hope barney frank isn't a cc.

Archived