Lunch in Labadee?

Both times we stopped in Labadee, the BBQ lunch was IMO not up to the standards of the rest of the RC food.

The rolls seemed stale--like how they get that crispy-like crumbly texture when they've sat out too long. They sort of fall apart/crumble when you bite the burger/hot dog.

The burgers/hot dogs I had were barely warm. There wasn't much of a selection of items, I felt. There were also ribs, which I don't care for, so I didn't try them.

There were tons of food, don't get me wrong. If I were going to Labadee again, though, I think I would opt to go back to the ship for lunch.

I loved Labadee other than that. It was a very relaxing stop, blessed with perfect weather when we were there.

If you've never been, make sure to do the Haitian market.

OMG. It has to be experienced to be believed. Not in a good way, not in a bad way. Its just very intense :)

Rachel

Both times we stopped in Labadee, the BBQ lunch was IMO not up to the standards of the rest of the RC food.

The rolls seemed stale--like how they get that crispy-like crumbly texture when they've sat out too long. They sort of fall apart/crumble when you bite the burger/hot dog.

The burgers/hot dogs I had were barely warm. There wasn't much of a selection of items, I felt. There were also ribs, which I don't care for, so I didn't try them.

There were tons of food, don't get me wrong. If I were going to Labadee again, though, I think I would opt to go back to the ship for lunch.

I loved Labadee other than that. It was a very relaxing stop, blessed with perfect weather when we were there.

OMG. It has to be experienced to be believed. Not in a good way, not in a bad way. Its just very intense :)

Rachel

Now that it's docked it's easier for those that don't want a beach atmosphere type buffet can just go back to the ship for lunch.....

We've always had good food there...it IS an outdoor venue, so it may not be "oven fresh", but shoot...when I'm around salt water and sand, I could probably eat almost anything....the ocean makes me hungry! It was perfectly fine.....typical "picnic" food!

Rachel

at least you had food. sheesh.

Rachel

I agree, lunch is exactly how you described.

The lunch on Labadee was okay. Burgers, ribs, several salads, fruit, dessert.

It is served outdoors, and it's more difficult to do that. If you plan to eat lunch as soon as they begin serving, you're going to get fresher food that hasn't been sitting out.

Now that the ship is docked, it's much more feasible to go back to the ship, if that's what you want. Since that still means a long walk and going through security, I doubt my family will make the effort. We find the lunch perfectly acceptable.

One note to fellow Southerners: It is not what ya'll call BBQ -- not at all. You will not see any pulled pork with BBQ sauce. It's what Yankees call BBQ and we call a cookout.

it's good enough, if you are that picky you should be on Celebrity.... LOL

You know what? I didn't come on here complaining. I gave my opinion that the OP asked me to expound on, so in trying to be HELPFUL, I gave more detail. Was your post meant to be helpful???? Or, since you put the LOL, perhaps it was meant to be funny and I'm just taking it wrong?

So I said I'd probably opt to go back to the ship for lunch.

Maybe I will try Celebrity next. Who knows?

Rachel

We have only been to Labadee once but we really enjoyed the bbq buffet.

We scheduled our day so that we did the walk a mile first (this was back in the days of the ship shape dollar rewards program), then checked out the markets. By the time we had done all of this, the buffet had just opened.

Everything was still hot and fresh. The ribs weren't bad and went really well with a Labadoozie, which is my favorite RCI cocktail. The corn on the cob and potato salad were good. Dessert included cookies and fresh fruit.

Afterward, we staked out a place on the beach and enjoyed a little swimming.

I think if you go early, you will enjoy it. And if you don't, you can always go back to the ship though depending on which ship you are on, the onboard options will be pretty limited.

Enjoy!

Archived