First Time as Elite

Luke Warmwater

Not sailed with Princess since 2005 and achieved Elite status on that cruise. (Before you ask, I have been with HAL ever since as they had the itineraries which attracted me more). My wife has Platinum status. Just grabbed a cheap trip on Grand in May so will be getting Elite benefits for the first time. A few queries:-

1. I am told that the first mini bar set up in the cabin will be free and that, if you do not state a preference in the "Personalizer". this will be the "Standard" set up. Firstly, I can find nowhere where you can specify that in the personaliser. However, I have read that you can swap the content for something else. Anyone tell me how I can make this arrangement?

2. Laundry will be free for me but how about my wife? Is this benefit just for me or for the cabin?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Not sailed with Princess since 2005 and achieved Elite status on that cruise. (Before you ask, I have been with HAL ever since as they had the itineraries which attracted me more). My wife has Platinum status. Just grabbed a cheap trip on Grand in May so will be getting Elite benefits for the first time. A few queries:-

1. I am told that the first mini bar set up in the cabin will be free and that, if you do not state a preference in the "Personalizer". this will be the "Standard" set up. Firstly, I can find nowhere where you can specify that in the personaliser. However, I have read that you can swap the content for something else. Anyone tell me how I can make this arrangement?

2. Laundry will be free for me but how about my wife? Is this benefit just for me or for the cabin?

Thanks in advance for your help.

when we do the laundry we write Elite on the form and we dont get charged but in the op's case is the wife still covered if she writes platinum on the form...does it depend on the cabin steward ?

rkmw

There is a place on the Princess Personalizer to add your favorite types of drinks and spirits, but don't bother, as the mini bar will come as a standard set up no matter what you choose in the Personalizer.

As said, just call room service and they will switch out what you don't want or trade for what you want on a one to one exchange.

Yep, just sign the laundry ticket and the cabin will have the laundry done complimentary. If she signs it, they will put a charge on your account.

I can hardly wait. 15th Princess Cruise in May/June... (16th CCL Corporate cruise)

Do they ever award these benefits early? Just hoping...:)

Not a prayer. Even if you achieve Elite the 2nd day of a 14-day cruise, you don't get the benefits until your next cruise. In other words, you must complete the cruise you're on to get the benefits.

To the OP, unlike HAL which has cloth laundry bags, Princess has a paper bag on which you write your name and cabin # in addition to filling out the slip. No one cares what's put in the bag as long as your name is on it and the laundry slip.

We've found that we have to ask for laundry bags and slips almost every time. There may or may not be one in the cabin when you board. I ask my steward for several when (s)he stops by for the initial greeting when they check your preferences and ask if there's anything you want done.

To the OP, unlike HAL which has cloth laundry bags, Princess has a paper bag on which you write your name and cabin # in addition to filling out the slip. No one cares what's put in the bag as long as your name is on it and the laundry slip.

We've found that we have to ask for laundry bags and slips almost every time. There may or may not be one in the cabin when you board. I ask my steward for several when (s)he stops by for the initial greeting when they check your preferences and ask if there's anything you want done.

They also have a plastic one (I think) depends on the ship.

Don't worry about the laundry. Put both in same bag & We write "ELITE" on the bag. Since you are "ELITE" put your name on the bag with your cabin #. Also don't bother with going on line with your preferences. I do it all the time and it is never correct when we get to our cabin. We Always call Room Service and tell them what We want. Usually get it switched very quickly. Also You will have preference for boarding. Just let them know at pier you are Elite and you go to head of line. Also You have early disembarkation if you choose as well. On 7 day cruise, also get 150 minutes free internet. More on longer cruises. Sign up day you board as they sometimes give a Bonus. Enjoy your Elite Perks and have a great cruise. IKE

lI've never had a problem with laundry services. I'm elite, and my husbands not quite there. The forms that I have received say complimentary on them. So no need to write elite. You may want to ask for these if they are not already in your cabin. I agree with the mini bar setup is easily changed once onboard. Love those free internet minutes!

There is a place on the Princess Personalizer to add your favorite types of drinks and spirits, but don't bother, as the mini bar will come as a standard set up no matter what you choose in the Personalizer.

As said, just call room service and they will switch out what you don't want or trade for what you want on a one to one exchange.

Yep, just sign the laundry ticket and the cabin will have the laundry done complimentary. If she signs it, they will put a charge on your account.

You are correct. IT really is a waste of time to fill in your choice(s) on anything in the Princess Personalizer. It never is done as requested when you get into your cabin. Just extra work for the cabin stewart. However, it does work out.

Archived