Carnival Stock On Board Credit

bebob

I faxed my stock statement page showing CCL ownership to HAL on Jan 5th, never heard anything back from them. ugh...

THEN, on Jan 27 we extended our cruise to add another leg (at a very good price on a flash fare), so that generated an new booking number and wiped out the old booking number.

That meant I needed to resend info for stock benefit. I both faxed it and then scanned the page into a jpeg file and emailed that as an attachment to a message with the particulars, new booking number, and a specific request for a confirmation email.

I was surprised and happy to receive the confirmation the next day by email!! I will take a print out of that email with me (and now also the statement page I sent them) in case we need proof with us.

Thanks to all for the tips I've gotten from this thread. m--

The only question I have for you is....Have you attempted under this way to get CCL Stock applied in the last 30 to 45 days. Trust me there have been some very recent changes.

Well, if they have made a change that requires that they verify on the books of CCL that you are a holder, they won't be able to do it. MadMan is exactly right and they'll only succeed in angering shareholders if they have made that change.

Emailed yesterday afternoon just before 5 eastern... had email response confirming my credit when I looked at 7pm! Wow -- that was fast!!!

-Printed my stock holdings and only sent HAL the page listing my Carnival stock. I used a sharpie and put a star beside the Carnival listing. Blacked out my total account values. I sent this an as attachment.

- Included my name, address, booking number, ship, departure date in the email.

Very easy.

I didn't get confirmation of my OBC last fall, but when we got on board, I checked and it was there. I emailed proof of ownership to Cunard for our upcoming cruise, but haven't had a confirmation. I'll take my copy of my statement and print out the cover email and hope that will back me up if I don't get it.

LAFFNVEGAS, were the denials you've heard about people who have their Carnival stock in an IRA or a regular brokerage account?

Slabeaume....some have said it needs to be 60 days in advance. However, I always send the proof of ownership soon after booking. I often do not get a response and have to call and get verbal confirmation of the credit.

HAL seems to treat this matter in various ways according to what we have read here.

IMO

Slabeaume....some have said it needs to be 60 days in advance. However, I always send the proof of ownership soon after booking. I often do not get a response and have to call and get verbal confirmation of the credit.

HAL seems to treat this matter in various ways according to what we have read here.

IMO

I thought I read somewhere that it has to be at least two weeks in advance. I don't know if this is true, so don't count on it. Last fall I forgot to send mine in early, and I think I sent it in about a week before departure, and I got my credit. But I don't recommend being (as my mother used to call me) a "last-miniute Lucy."

Just bought 100 shares yesterday and my personal cruise consultant at HAL told me to fax or e-mail the statement showing the pruchase to her and she would take care of it for me.

Can't get any easier than that.

Chris

Hi all,

Does this mean I could buy shares and have the credit for a cruise I have aleardy booked and am taking in March? I would be interested if someone can advise if this would work ? (ie buy after booking cruise)

Hi all,

Does this mean I could buy shares and have the credit for a cruise I have aleardy booked and am taking in March? I would be interested if someone can advise if this would work ? (ie buy after booking cruise)

Yes, you can purchase the shares and receive a stockholders' credit for a cruise you have already booked.

The only thing to keep in mind is allowing sufficient time for HAL to process your request.

JerseyLily,

Yes you can buy the stock after you book the cruise as RuthC said. I purchased my stock after I booked two cruises and with the help of my PCC I had the OBC within 1 day of sending her the proof of purchase.To us is was a good investment.

In the past I have simply attached a copy of my daily statement including my brokerage logo, and the CCL stock amount with the day's stock price, to my e-mail request for the stock credit. Up until now, that has been sufficient. This time I received a request for the full stock brokerage statement before the stock credit would be granted. I phoned World Cruise Reservations to get more information, and was told that some individuals did not actually own the stock even though they had shown proof of purchase, as they had sold the stock after that. I mentioned that if I sent in my December 31st statement, and it was now January, I still could have sold my stock, but they said that my December statement would be sufficient. After attaching my December 31st brokerage statement I was very promptly given the stock credit for my March 2012 cruise.

Fiona, I don't know who told you that, but for years I've been sending them the proof of purchase within a week of when I BOOKED the cruises, That is sometimes six months or more BEFORE final payment date.

They have never turned it down.....but maybe the rules have changed in the last 60 days....who knows.

Fiona, I don't know who told you that, but for years I've been sending them the proof of purchase within a week of when I BOOKED the cruises, That is sometimes six months or more BEFORE final payment date.

They have never turned it down.....but maybe the rules have changed in the last 60 days....who knows.

I think it depends on who processes it and what their mood is. Several times I have submitted prior to final only to get told Final must be paid. Last year I had two cruises close together like this year and when the first was paid in full I submitted both and only received credit on the one paid. This year I again had two cruises relatively close and actually three separate booking numbers because the second one is a B2B. So I thought what the heck the first was paid for and so was the 1st part of the B2B so I sent all three in and they did give me the credit for all three. So I guess you just never know.

I own the stock, which is in my married name, but since

I have a Dutch passport ,which is in my maiden name, I have to travel under my maiden name overseas,

Since we applied for the O.B.C. for our upcoming cruise, I received an e-mail from H.A.L. saying the names did not match.

I had to send in proof, either a marriage cert.or my passport and a drivers license. My Husband wanted to be sure and sent copies of all three in.

I just checked and we are getting our O.B.C.

• 6 months later...
In the past I have simply attached a copy of my daily statement including my brokerage logo' date=' and the CCL stock amount with the day's stock price, to my e-mail request for the stock credit. Up until now, that has been sufficient. This time I received a request for the full stock brokerage statement before the stock credit would be granted. I phoned World Cruise Reservations to get more information, and was told that some individuals did not actually own the stock even though they had shown proof of purchase, as they had sold the stock after that. I mentioned that if I sent in my December 31st statement, and it was now January, I still could have sold my stock, but they said that my December statement would be sufficient. After attaching my December 31st brokerage statement I was very promptly given the stock credit for my March 2012 cruise.[/quote']

There was a thread where someone stated that they no longer owned the stock but got the credit.

They said that HAL only requires you to have owned the stock, but it is not necessary to own it at the time of sailing. It would of course make sense if you owned it within the same calendar year. Just wondering if that has changed?

There was a thread where someone stated that they no longer owned the stock but got the credit.

They said that HAL only requires you to have owned the stock, but it is not necessary to own it at the time of sailing. It would of course make sense if you owned it within the same calendar year. Just wondering if that has changed?

I do not think it has. I (inadvertantly) faxed a copy of my brokerage statement for the previous quarter when I was requested the shareholder OBC. I received a message from HAL that the statement was out-of-date and that they would need a more current statement.

I do not think it has. I (inadvertantly) faxed a copy of my brokerage statement for the previous quarter when I was requested the shareholder OBC. I received a message from HAL that the statement was out-of-date and that they would need a more current statement.

I think there was someone that posted that they were attempting to do this but not sure it was actually really accomplished. But I had heard that HAL has had to turn this into CCL so they can verify stock ownership for several months now. I even remember posting this and there were some that disagreed with me. While HAL gives the Ship Board Credit they are reimbursed from CCL Corp. What I believe has been happening is HAL would apply the credit then process their own reimbursement. While HAL may not have had too many that were fraud I believe that there may have been some fraud involved with the other lines. I think that CCL Corp just basically put their foot down and each request is actually verified for actual stock ownership. I think HAL is still applying the credit but they are making sure what they receive is absolutely legit so they do not get caught with one that is not legit.

I have always sent a copy of my proxy card because I didn't want to provide extra info from my brokerage statements. I have always received the credit although never a confirmation unless I followed up on it. And I always assumed they were checking with Carnival Corp. to make sure I still owned the stock and that it was 100 shares or more (proxy doesn't have that info on it).

So have we determined for sure that there are people getting thestockholder credit if they own the stock through a brokerage or in an IRA?

(that was in question this past spring)

Thanks-

TC

Yes -- you will get the credit if the stock is owned as part of an IRA. Mine was approved about a week ago.

Rich

Archived