What special things have you seen from your balcony view :)

Last year on Liberty, we caught a storm coming back to Miami just after dinner. The seas were smooth, but the sky was full of lightening. We watched some of it from our balcony, and decided to walk down to the deck just off the Royal Promenade. Every time there was a crack of thunder and the doors were open, you could hear the thunder echo though the halls.

That was definitely a cool night.:D

We just got home from a Carnival ship with a western Caribbean itinerary and happened to look up from our balcony just at the right moment to catch this little piece of paradise. It was literally in the middle of nowhere.

P1000889.jpg

On our first cruise, we saw a waterspout in the distance. That was pretty exciting. Over the years, we have seen flying fish & dolphins on many of our cruises.

The most exciting was 3 weeks ago on our Mariner cruise to the MR. Just after leaving Cabo, the Captain came on the PA system & announced that there were 2 whales crossing in front of the ship. We rushed out on our balcony in time to see what looked like a female grey whale & her calf (we assumed this as one was larger than the other & both were swimming side by side). First time sighting whales & it was really exciting for us!:D

We saw five sets of four dolphins each jumping along side of ship one cruise. Another trip saw a rainbow ahead and actually saw where it touched the water as we sailed past. Must have been a pot of gold at the bottom of the sea, :)

There are so many...and that is why I can't sail without a balcony..I would be missing far too much.:)

The storms are great to watch..and rain..you can follow its path across the water.

Sunrises and sunsets....and occasionally we get to watch latecomers sprint to the ship before it leaves port.:eek:

Flying fish, crazy lightning, an erupting volcano...

Also didn't see it from our way-forward cabin, but felt the wind and heard the noise from a helicopter picking up a sick passenger. I felt like I was in a war movie.

We enjoy the views of the upcoming islands.

I've never seen a turtle or a stingray, I'm curious how anyone could see these animals, I guess the poster must have had a cabin low to the water? We have seen the flying fish and dolphins.

Besides the water, we usually just see other people enjoying the sea air! :o

Last year on Liberty, we caught a storm coming back to Miami just after dinner. The seas were smooth, but the sky was full of lightening. We watched some of it from our balcony, and decided to walk down to the deck just off the Royal Promenade. Every time there was a crack of thunder and the doors were open, you could hear the thunder echo though the halls.

That was definitely a cool night.:D

We were on the same cruise !!

That was the most dramatic exciting Lightning storm ever !

Ive seen a manatee and some dolphins.

Ive also been seen by an elderly lady who couldnt look away. Hey if she wanted a show, my girlfriend and I gave her one(my girlfriend still doesnt know hahaha) :p:p:p

In Alaska we saw Momma with two babies and she was "bumping' them with her snoot to stay away from the ship but they kept coming back. Must have taken at least 50 photos. It was amazing.

Once when first cruising we saw a pod of dolphins playing alongside the ship and when I called our friends, who were staying in the room next to us, to come out and see this RIGHT NOW! her DH came running out with a pair of tube socks covering his "private part" as he just came out of the shower and he thought something was wrong:eek::D A moment to remember FOREVER!!!! No, I did not get a photo:D

I love getting up before sunrise and catching a view of that. Sunsets are spectacular too, but I've often seen sunsets on land. Sunrise is (for me) even more amazing.

In the Caribbean I haven't seen much marine life other than birds, flying fish and just once a pod of dolphins.

I also love seeing other ships in the distance, especially at night. And sailing past islands, day or night!

When we pulled into San Juan there was a rainbow. They say you never see the end of a rainbow but this started right there in the water in front of us and it was the most incredible rainbow I ever saw. I do have pics but don't know how to upload them to a post.

After watching "Oceans" today I was wondering what we may see from our balcony on the way to St Thomas and St Martin :)

Speaking specifically of St Thomas , i got up early one morning as we were just coming into the port area (about 20 miles out) I was able to see lots of houses on the sides of the hills and boats in the water, it was nice and quiet watching the island wake up

Whales, flying fish, turtles, etc. Still hoping for the view of the naughty neighbors:eek:

Thats one advantage of the hump cabins, you don't have to be as obvious glancing into other baclonies. ;)

Archived