hotel in port canaveral, -freedom of the seas

We are booked for January 16, 2011, any info on a hotel in port canveral and transfers from the orlando airport would be greatly appreciated. thanks. 4th cruise, 1st with RCI

Can't help you with transfers as we rent a car, but The Residence Inn is our favorite hotel in Cape Canaveral.

Can't speak on the airport transfers, but i've stayed at the Radisson in Cocoa Beach before my FOS cruise. Really nice hotel, close to the port, and if you search CC you'll find a lot of good info on it. Very popular with cruisers.

If you are flying in the day before, rent a car and drive over to Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. Most agencies have a shuttle that will take you to the port. You can get some discount codes at http://www.mousesavers.com

As far as hotels, you will get several different ideas and all will be good. We have stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port and enjoyed it very well. We really like the pool area and meeting up with others from our cruise at the Pool Bar the night before.

Last month we were on Freedom and stayed at the Hilton Cocoa Beach and loved it. It is much farther from the port but not a big deal. We pricelined the hotel for $75 which was a very good price. I have read where others got it for $69. Enjoyed the beach prior to sailing.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Tim

NOTE: Some are not going to like this but I would not use the shuttle from the Radisson if I stayed there, take a cab. Their shuttle it tooooo unorganized for me. Your cab fare will be very minimal from the Radisson.

The Country Inn & Suites is very nice and within sight of the port. We have stayed there in the past and I have them booked again. Their shuttle service worked very well. Breakfast is included and you can request a room with a view of the port.

If you go to the Homeports board for Fl there is a thread there called "I work at Port Canaveral". There is lots of information there about hotels, shuttles, restaurants, etc.

I also think that the Country Inn and Suites would be a great choice. I use Cocoa Beach Shuttle (from Orlando airport to hotel, from hotel to Port Canaveral, and from the port back to the airport.)

The Hyatt at the airport is very nice. Deplane- baggage claim- hotel- and RCCL Reps.and transfer shuttles(booked thru RCCL or get a taxi in the baggage claim area the next morning. You can also get a day room at the Hyatt if you have a late flight after disembark. :)

I booked Country Inns & Suite via Priceline "bidding" and got it for $50 so with tax it was $63. Then we are going to pay $20 more to leave our truck at the hotel and take the shuttle to the pier. If you call the hotel direct it was $129 plus the $20, so priceline was the way to go!

I booked Country Inns & Suite via Priceline "bidding" and got it for $50 so with tax it was $63. Then we are going to pay $20 more to leave our truck at the hotel and take the shuttle to the pier. If you call the hotel direct it was $129 plus the $20, so priceline was the way to go!

Awesome price. We have booked here different times, but did not use Priceline. There might not be an additional charge to leave your truck, as leaving parked cars is very commom. Shutttle was $6 pp

NOTE: Some are not going to like this but I would not use the shuttle from the Radisson if I stayed there, take a cab. Their shuttle it tooooo unorganized for me. Your cab fare will be very minimal from the Radisson.

I totally agree with this. We took a cab and I was so glad after standing in the lobby for 15 minutes waiting on the cab and listening to the unorganization.

Awesome price. We have booked here different times, but did not use Priceline. There might not be an additional charge to leave your truck, as leaving parked cars is very commom. Shutttle was $6 pp

She told me it was $20 to leave the SUV there for the week and take the shuttle. Even if the shuttle is an extra $6pp it is still really cheap compared to

$15 per day to park at the port. Cannot wait, it is getting closer.

We've sailed twice from Port Canaveral. Used Cocoa Beach shuttle both times and found them very reliable. You also get a 10% discount on their prices if you say you found them through Cruise Critic.

Stayed in Quality Suites first time and Comfort Inn & Suites recently. Both cheap and cheerful and very adequate for one or two nights pre cruise

We did the Park & Cruise deal and used a family suite with 2 bedrooms. It's clean, friendly and the shuttle service was very well organize. They were waiting on the pier when we returned, which we were very worried aout. Didn't go through the bidding process, but that's a great price!!

We stay on the beach. It is 5- 10 minutes further than staying at those “close to the port” hotels. As the ride to port is no more than 15 minutes – we really don’t see the need to be 5 minutes vs 15 minutes away. We much prefer staying a little further in to Cocoa Beach, and particularly on the beach and walking distance to a few attractions or stores. There are many options and price ranges. We’ve enjoyed the Doubletree, the Marriott Courtyard and Quality Suites. Most will let you leave your car for free.

Check the departure boards as there is a huge thread about everything Cocoa Beach.

Have fun.

M

I totally agree with this. We took a cab and I was so glad after standing in the lobby for 15 minutes waiting on the cab and listening to the unorganization.

We had no trouble with the Radisson shuttle. We are both up there in age and found the drivers to be very helpful. Upon returning we were all left off at our cars. I thought it was a great service and very convenient. Also the hotel is very nice.

We had no trouble with the Radisson shuttle. We are both up there in age and found the drivers to be very helpful. Upon returning we were all left off at our cars. I thought it was a great service and very convenient. Also the hotel is very nice.

I used the Radisson shuttle and had no problems either. I reserved my time (first shuttle) when i reserved my room. When it arrived we were on and at the port in no time.

We are booked for January 16, 2011, any info on a hotel in port canveral and transfers from the orlando airport would be greatly appreciated. thanks. 4th cruise, 1st with RCI

Since your flying into MCO the day before you could always stay overnight in Orlando, maybe take in EPCOT, and rent a car one way to PC.

We are taking a Dollar Car Rental from MCO to Cape Canaveral. The car is around $ 35.00 to the Cape, and $ 65.00 back to MCO.

We have not booked our room yet, but we normally stay at the Residence Inn. Pretty nice place and close to the port. We know many other people stay at the Radisson.

Archived