Do you think I would have luck??

veggie59

Do you think I would have luck trying to change cabin assignment after final payment....60 days out? We booked with an online TA. We are on Aloha deck more forward than anything. It looks like there may be some midship cabins available on the Baja deck. Do you think it is worth a shot?? This would be on the Emerald. Never sailed Princess. This is also for an inside cabin same category....so no balcony is involved. What would you do?? Is one deck better than the other? I would just rather have midship than forward if possible unless there is a reason for one deck over another. There are cabins above and below....so it doesnt look as thought the areas are in bad spots. Thanks!! :)

I have no clue if you could change cabin assignments or not...certainly worth a call to your TA or Princess to see if you can.

We always prefer midships.... we are not advere or really affected by ship's movements but it does seem to be less in the middle of the ship.... and the higher you go also also seems to feel the movements alittle more.... but that's just us.

If you were outside, there are definite differneces between the desks as to balcony size, coverage, etc.

The Elmerald is a GREAT ship. We sailed her in the Med in 2008 and are doing so again on 8/22. You will love her.

You can change cabins right up until you are on the ship....upgrades can be done at the pursers desk.

If it is a lateral move within your category I can't see why they wouldn't allow it for free or perhaps a small change fee.

Thanks all......I am going to email TA. Just didnt know if it was a definite no since final payment has been made.

i have changed cabins after final payment before. it was in the same category and was no problem at all.

i have changed cabins after final payment before. it was in the same category and was no problem at all.

Thanks....I sent off an email to the TA. Lets see what happens. The cabins didnt show up on the selection page when I booked...or even now. But while I was on Princess updating some info....I looked to see what was available. There was an option to type in a cabin number....so I punched a few midship #'s in...and they came up as available. If I had known that from the get go....I would have booked one. We prefer midship over forward or aft

I've changed cabins less than 30 days out. It was a mini and I went up one category. I just paid the extra charge.

Yes....I know alot of times you can pay to upgrade. I just wanted a lateral move within the same category. One time I got the opportunity on another cruise to upgrade for a small fee. The email came the afternoon the day before sailing......thing was, we left early that morning for a pre-cruise flight. Found the email after our return.....oh well. :)

When are cabins usually assigned, after your first payment?

What if there is a range of cabins I would be happy with - can I let them choose among those instead of type in a specific cabin number?

Guarantee cabins can be assigned from the day you book, and as late as when you arrive at the pier. There is no way to predict when they will be assigned, and no way to speed up the process.

If you book a guarantee stateroom, you book in the lowest category you will be happy with. Some actually get the cabin category they originally booked assigned, some get higher (but you can never count on a higher category). You can not give Princess or a travel agent any instructions as to what you want assigned or which part of the ship or what cabins numbers you would like your assignment to be located in, it is 'pot luck' so to speak. You have absolutely no choice in the matter with a guarantee booking. A guarantee only means, when the stateroom is assigned, it will be in the category you actually booked OR higher, but there is no guarantee it will be in a higher category.

Those who are not the patient type, or do not like waiting for a cabin assignment, or care where the cabin is located, should never book a guarantee. ;)

Guarantee cabins can be assigned from the day you book, and as late as when you arrive at the pier. There is no way to predict when they will be assigned, and no way to speed up the process.

If you book a guarantee stateroom, you book in the lowest category you will be happy with. Some actually get the cabin category they originally booked assigned, some get higher (but you can never count on a higher category). You can not give Princess or a travel agent any instructions as to what you want assigned or which part of the ship or what cabins numbers you would like your assignment to be located in, it is 'pot luck' so to speak. You have absolutely no choice in the matter with a guarantee booking. A guarantee only means, when the stateroom is assigned, it will be in the category you actually booked OR higher, but there is no guarantee it will be in a higher category.

Those who are not the patient type, or do not like waiting for a cabin assignment, or care where the cabin is located, should never book a guarantee. ;)

True and in some case the "higher" category might put you in a location that you do not like

I just changed our cabin on the Emerald after final payment. I went up a catagory when a room I wanted came available. My TA just called Princess, made the change and then charged by credit card for the difference, including the increase cost of the insurance. There were no problems! Good luck.

I just changed our cabin on the Emerald after final payment. I went up a catagory when a room I wanted came available. My TA just called Princess, made the change and then charged by credit card for the difference, including the increase cost of the insurance. There were no problems! Good luck.

The change I want is within the same category and the price is still the same. I did get a slight price adjustment BEFORE final payment.....but I also lost some OBC. Still came out ahead slightly. I just want to move from Aloha forward to Baja midship.....still the same inside category.

Was that Travel Agent OBC?

I think it was cruiseline. The price of the cabin went down. The additional OBC I think was during a 3 day sale. Price after went down more than the additional OBC. So to get price adjustment...I lost the OBC.

Just an update to my original post. Yes I was able to change our cabin!! We will be midship now rather than somewhat forward. The move was within the same category....so there were no monies involved. I feel alittle better now......whew!!! Hopefully midship on the Baja deck has no issues.

I agree, I would rather be midship than forward. I do love aft though, and dont seem to have a problem there.

I had a cabin towards the back of a ship once on Carnival. I think it was about 6 or 7 cabins up from the aft. The vibrations were horrible. Could not sleep as everything in the cabin made noises. Thank goodness it was only a 4 day for moms 60th b-day.

Archived