Those awful SA suites

Cruise Organizer

Just got back from a 12 day European cruise aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam. There were 4 of us in the SA suite.

It was just terrible.

We got a bottle of wine in the room.

Attended a special cocktail party

Had laundry done for free

Had plenty of room and a large balcony

Pampered in the Neptune Lounge - all the goodies and the best coffee on board. Attentive and personal service

Free hot and cold appertizers every night (more food)

The cruise was going great, until I heard those words, "These suites are wonderful, we should only book them from now on".

Dam you HAL, now I am stuck staying in those wonderful suites.

Yes, we did book another cruise on board (in the Neptune Lounge) and we did book the SA suites.

I hear ya! We have the same issue, but with verandah cabins. We made the mistake :p of booking one on our first cruise, and that's what we've HAD to book from that point on..... :D

I just dread the day where we actually book a suite!! ;)

Yes, those Deluxe Verandah Suites are very nice accommodations. The spaciousness of the Superior Verandah Suites is quite nice, too, of you ever want to try one of those. Of course, you'll give up the Neptune Lounge and other perks ... but they give you plenty of room to roam around.

Just got back from a 12 day European cruise aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam. There were 4 of us in the SA suite. It was just terrible... snip...

I agree completely... that's why we're cutting back to 3 a year :rolleyes:

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

Yeah our last cruise we booked a suite since it was a special occasion and we renewed our vows on board. Now for this next cruise we booked a regular balcony - we are dreading it already. Hopefully the upgrade fairy will come visit us and off us a "suite" deal.

Just got back from a 12 day European cruise aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam. There were 4 of us in the SA suite.

It was just terrible.

We got a bottle of wine in the room.

Attended a special cocktail party

Had laundry done for free

Had plenty of room and a large balcony

Pampered in the Neptune Lounge - all the goodies and the best coffee on board. Attentive and personal service

Free hot and cold appertizers every night (more food)

The cruise was going great, until I heard those words, "These suites are wonderful, we should only book them from now on".

Dam you HAL, now I am stuck staying in those wonderful suites.

Yes, we did book another cruise on board (in the Neptune Lounge) and we did book the SA suites.

Welcome to the Suite life..........Cruise Organizer. My DH put me in a suite 15 years ago and has ruled the day he did, he has not gotten me out of them yet. If the truth be known, he really likes the suite life too! Happy cruising......

smiley-faces2.gif

We have a SC quar on our upcoming cruise and I'm getting worried. Being addicted to Deluxe suites is hard on the wallet.

Our first three cruises were inside cabins. (2 HAL, 1 QE2) And we survived and enjoyed ourselves just fine. Then we got used to outside cabins,and couldn't imagine not having a window. We've had a balcony a few times, and enjoyed it. After my most recent RCCL and Princess cruises, I said I wouldn't go without a balcony on a ship I hadn't been on before, because some ships do not have any quiet outside space. But I trusted HAL, and booked an outside cabin on Veendam. It was very nice, no complaints and a lot cheaper than a balcony cabin.

And then HAL had to go and have a sale. The Alaska prices were so good that we went for the deluxe verandah. So I'm afraid I will never sail near the plimsol line again!!!!!

you had me for a second too, I was all anxious wondering what had gone wrong in a suite!! :eek: Nothing like a catchy title to get people's attention.

We first got an upsell to a suite and decided to take it. What a mistake! Now, all we want to book is suites (unless we can get an upsell to the penthouse :rolleyes:).

We really enjoy them too, but it does make cruising a trifle more expensive. Have to admit, really going to enjoy it with 8 days at sea. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. :):)

you had me for a second too, I was all anxious wondering what had gone wrong in a suite!! :eek: Nothing like a catchy title to get people's attention.

We first got an upsell to a suite and decided to take it. What a mistake! Now, all we want to book is suites (unless we can get an upsell to the penthouse :rolleyes:).

We really enjoy them too, but it does make cruising a trifle more expensive. Have to admit, really going to enjoy it with 8 days at sea. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. :):)

Ain't Addiction to something so innocuous Grand?? Expensive, but so wonderfully grand!! :D

Hey Kazu, you will be taking photos I hope???:D

Joanie

Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about, we sail in our first suite in 3 days.:)

I thought we would leave something to the kids but they should be fine right ?:D

You Go Girl!!! Enjoy Away!!! Let the kids pay for their own enjoyment when they can afford it:D YOU deserve it NOW!!:):)

Joanie

Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about, we sail in our first suite in 3 days.:)

I thought we would leave something to the kids but they should be fine right ?:D

Leave them the pictures of Mom and Dad smiling on their balcony as they watch the wake fading into the distance.:D Can't wait for your review.

We booked our first SY suite and I am so excited. Last cruise we were three in a VD (I think), this time two in an SY will I ever want to leave my room?

Still hoping the CALL will come to pay more for the SA, SB or SC or hey why not a free upgrade?

Aren't those "Neptune Suites" like crack-cocaine to cruisers??? As they say, "How yu gonna' keep down on the farm after they see Pareee???"

Glad you enjoyed it - we always do!

Wow I love that song, We play it as part of our act! "They'll never learn to use a rake or plow, or how the heck to parle' vous a cow.... ....How you gonna keep em down on the farm.... .....AFTER they've seen Pareeee"

And I have to agree, once you get hooked on a suite it is really hard to step down to a regular stateroom. Our last cruise we were upsold to the penthouse suite, Now Mrs Banjo says she has "expectations" YIKES

Wow I love that song' date=' We play it as part of our act! "They'll never learn to use a rake or plow, or how the heck to parle' vous a cow.... ....How you gonna keep em down on the farm.... .....AFTER they've seen Pareeee"

And I have to agree, once you get hooked on a suite it is really hard to step down to a regular stateroom. Our last cruise we were upsold to the penthouse suite, Now Mrs Banjo says she has "expectations" YIKES[/quote']

\

Whewff ..dodged that bullet.:D:D:D That's an upside to missing out on the Penthouse Suite.:)

We have friends who love to travel. They call all their trips SKI vacations. Spending Kids' Inheritance.

Enjoy!!!!

Archived