A couple charged about $1000 onto our onboard account

luvtwotrvl

A couple charged about $1000 onto our onboard account...and it was NOT us.

On August 8, we boarded the Emerald Princess for our 7 day Caribbean cruise. This cruise was really a last minute resort to just get out of town before my DW heads back to work.

On Friday while on the ship we decided to check our account. Now, Princess has a computer right at the Front desk to just check your onboard account and we did. To our surprised, we had $1000 charged to our account from two people from another cabin that were total strangers. Font desk personnel cleared the problem quickly but it is still concerning to wonder how that could have happened and what if we received the final morning.

Lesson from this.....Please check your onboard account before the last day.

By the way, we had our account charged to our Credit Card which we did online at home before we boarded the ship.

David

A couple charged about $1000 onto our onboard account...and it was NOT us.

On August 8, we boarded the Emerald Princess for our 7 day Caribbean cruise. This cruise was really a last minute resort to just get out of town before my DW heads back to work.

On Friday while on the ship we decided to check our account. Now, Princess has a computer right at the Front desk to just check your onboard account and we did. To our surprised, we had $1000 charged to our account from two people from another cabin that were total strangers. Font desk personnel cleared the problem quickly but it is still concerning to wonder how that could have happened and what if we received the final morning.

Lesson from this.....Please check your onboard account before the last day.

By the way, we had our account charged to our Credit Card which we did online at home before we boarded the ship.

David

Did the front desk have any idea how that could have happened? You have to have the card, and sign. :confused:

I agree, we check our account every day.

Did the front desk have any idea how that could have happened? You have to have the card, and sign. :confused:

I agree, we check our account every day.

Front desk really had no comment on the situation. I wanted to know how it happened but she would not comment on that. She was very friendly and took the charge off with no questions at all.

David

It's real easy to mis-key a number on a keyboard entry. Even on my own credit card I've been known to enter it wrong, missing by one digit. I suspect that either they entered their credit card number wrong, or the cabin number wrong, is all. I'm glad that Princess resolved it quickly, and without questioning you.

Yes, it's always good to keep a check on your onboard account; at the very least, check it the day before the end of your cruise, so you have time to correct any errors!

Wow thank you for sharing. We always check periodically but now i will make sure we do it more often. I am glad that Princess did the right thing. I hope this did not effect your overall cruise.

No, it was a wonderful cruise.

David

Now, Princess has a computer right at the Front desk to just check your onboard account and we did.

We were on the Emerald last week and it was the first time we had seen the new terminal to swipe your card and print out your statement. It was great....did it several times during the week.

It certainly cut down on the lines at the Passenger Services desk.

We were on the Emerald last week and it was the first time we had seen the new terminal to swipe your card and print out your statement. It was great....did it several times during the week.

Yes, I too love the computer where you can swipe the card and print out the statement. Very smart move for Princess!!

David

I wonder if this is now standard on all their ships. We leave next Saturday on the CB. That would make things much eaiser.

I've noticed that when a waiter takes your drink order, they glance at the card and record the passenger number and hand you back the card. In some venues, they may just get the number wrong. As the OP says... check your account regularly.

Can you just check it on the TV. Most Carnival ships have it on TV along with the dining room menu. Never sailed Princess so I do not know.

That would be great if you could but I have not seen it on any Princess ships yet...

The rapidity with which they removed the charges and the lack of comment as to how this happened would lead me to suspect that the error was Princess's and not the passenger....

....but then I am a suspicious one by nature. ;)

I was thinking the samething.

I haven't seen this yet...what a great ideal!!:)

The rapidity with which they removed the charges and the lack of comment as to how this happened would lead me to suspect that the error was Princess's and not the passenger....

....but then I am a suspicious one by nature. ;)

Of course it was. many transactions are made by the crew member noting the number on your card and then entering it into the computer. All it takes is a simple trasnposition of nubmers. Rihgt?

To the OP sorry you had a shock when you saw the charge. I'm glad they took care of it right away for you.

The place to swipe and print out your bill sounds great. We usually check our account a few times during the cruise for mistakes. Only found one so far and it was easily removed.

Wonder if they have this on the Ruby?

Archived