Crown Grill VS Sabatini's

jenson47

We only go to Sabatinis on the first night because it's a free perk from our American Express Platinum. We just don't take a lot of the courses. Once we told them we only wanted pasta, main entree and dessert and they didn't know what to do!

I love the Crown Grill and we eat there twice during our cruises.

If I had to chose, it would be the Crown Grill hands down.

If I could only do one it would be the Crown Grille.:):) I am a New York strip fan also. And the chocolate molten cake for dessert....my. my.

I truly like Sabs also. Go with some friends or folks on your rollcall and it is a nice evening with good food.:):)

We only go to Sabatinis on the first night because it's a free perk from our American Express Platinum. We just don't take a lot of the courses. Once we told them we only wanted pasta, main entree and dessert and they didn't know what to do!

I love the Crown Grill and we eat there twice during our cruises.

If I had to chose, it would be the Crown Grill hands down.

Though, I'd prefer a choice between the two, we also have the Sabatini's perk. I'm not overly thrilled with the sample menus I've seen.

Do they have steak or any off menu items?

We have always gone to either Sterling Steakhouse or Crown Grill on each of our cruises. I have never really wanted to try Sabatini's because of all of the CC'ers who say it is too much food. But last month on the Crown DH wanted to try Sabatini's just to see what it was like. So glad we did as we thoroughly enjoyed it and we managed to deal with "all of the food". We did the Crown Grill also and, as always, it was wonderful---definitely a cut above anything served in the MDR. From now on, I'm sure we will do both on each cruise.

BTW, if you are going to try Sabatini's on the Crown definitely allow enough time before dinner to enjoy a cocktail in the Adagio Lounge which is right next door to Sabatini's. It is one of the nicest lounges we have found so far on a Princess ship.

I'm actually very surprised to see the overwhelming vote towards Crown Grill over Sabatini's. A friend recommended Sabatini's to me and so we went on our cruise last year, and had a WONDERFUL meal.

I really enjoyed it in particular for all the small plate appetizers. It was a lot of plates but really they served such small portions for each that I could handle it. It satisfied my craving to try EVERYTHING on the menu! Sure, I had less room for Tiramisu, but that's ok.

I think I knew going in that it was going to take a while, and so in my mind it was kind of the "entertainment" for the evening as well as dinner. Three hours wasn't unreasonable for us. We had a ball! :)

I'd like to try Crown Grill also, but I find it hard to justify the extra cost when the steaks in the MDR are usually so good. You all make great arguments for it though! Maybe we will splurge next time.

I'm actually very surprised to see the overwhelming vote towards Crown Grill over Sabatini's. A friend recommended Sabatini's to me and so we went on our cruise last year, and had a WONDERFUL meal.

I really enjoyed it in particular for all the small plate appetizers. It was a lot of plates but really they served such small portions for each that I could handle it. It satisfied my craving to try EVERYTHING on the menu! Sure, I had less room for Tiramisu, but that's ok.

I think I knew going in that it was going to take a while, and so in my mind it was kind of the "entertainment" for the evening as well as dinner. Three hours wasn't unreasonable for us. We had a ball! :)

I'd like to try Crown Grill also, but I find it hard to justify the extra cost when the steaks in the MDR are usually so good. You all make great arguments for it though! Maybe we will splurge next time.

As I said earlier in this post, I enjoy BOTH & would highly recommend both CG & Sabatini & we go to both of them. If I could only do one of them, I'd suggest CG because it has more variety & choices. Unlike Sabatini where the main choice is the entree, CG might be better for anyone seeking more variety.

To me, there's no comparison between the steaks & their preparation in the CG with the MDR. That might not be the same for you but I really enjoy the CG filet mignon much more than in the MDR.

But I never miss an evening in Sabatini either...molto bene!

We have always gone to either Sterling Steakhouse or Crown Grill on each of our cruises. I have never really wanted to try Sabatini's because of all of the CC'ers who say it is too much food. But last month on the Crown DH wanted to try Sabatini's just to see what it was like. So glad we did as we thoroughly enjoyed it and we managed to deal with "all of the food". We did the Crown Grill also and, as always, it was wonderful---definitely a cut above anything served in the MDR. From now on, I'm sure we will do both on each cruise.

BTW, if you are going to try Sabatini's on the Crown definitely allow enough time before dinner to enjoy a cocktail in the Adagio Lounge which is right next door to Sabatini's. It is one of the nicest lounges we have found so far on a Princess ship.

Can anyone use the Adagio Lounge if your not going to Sabatinis or Crown?

We love Sabitini's (scallops are awesome) and yes there is a lot of food but no one makes you eat it all :D. Crown Grill is awesome as well. Our seafood and steak was out of this world but the best was the Black and Blue Onion soup. :p Isn't it wonderful we have all these choices?

The Crown Grill is our favorite..on land or sea... we usually go at least twice on a 7 day cruise..

start off with the Mussel Pot as an appetizer..

the filet mignon and New York Sirloins are fantastic... we always order the "regular" lobster tails as a side dish... we have ordered the optional ($9) 12 ounce tails and they are great but the regular tails are just as enjoyable..

and the desserts.......the sampler is fantastic, if you ahev room left for them...

much better than Sabitini's in my opinion...

So there is an extra charge for the specialty restaurant & then other extra charges as well? what else is extra?

We will pick one or the other for our Crown cruise in July--it is very port intensive so I think we will be tired most nights for a big meal ....so far sounds like the Crown Grill will be a better fit...

So there is an extra charge for the specialty restaurant & then other extra charges as well? what else is extra?

We will pick one or the other for our Crown cruise in July--it is very port intensive so I think we will be tired most nights for a big meal ....so far sounds like the Crown Grill will be a better fit...

Lobster tails come with the standard $25 fee as welll as any steaks, rack of lamb etc.

For a $9 upcharge you have the choice of a live Maine or a 12 ounce tail.

The menu does state to order as much as you desire of anything.

Liquor is of course extra.

On our last cruise on the Emerald in Jan 2010 we went up to Adagio's every night before dinner for a drink and the stuffed olives, check it out.

Thanks for the Adagio's reminder. Sure is a nice place ;)

Lobster tails come with the standard $25 fee as welll as any steaks, rack of lamb etc.

For a $9 upcharge you have the choice of a live Maine or a 12 ounce tail.

The menu does state to order as much as you desire of anything.

Liquor is of course extra.

"This menu does etc". I did not know, will folllow up on TWO Maine Lobsters to see if that is for sure, Boy, oh Boy I hope so!!:D:D:D

Archived