C&A - Could they really change things again?

So I hear RCI is having a meeting to discuss possible changes to C&A next week. After all the uproar of a mere 18 months ago - would they really make tier changes so soon? It seems as if they would be p***ing off the exact same group of people (the platinum to diamond, the D to D+).

For example, we were D when the change to the CL was done. We had been in the CL on 2 cruises. After our cruise in 3 weeks, we will be one cruise away from D+. How irritating would it be for us to ONCE AGAIN be denied access to the CL for the second time?

I realize we are not the only cruisers out there and I'm not so self involved that I don't recognize the benefits we do get. But I can't believe that the same group of cruisers would potentially be targeted AGAIN.

Thoughts? :D

I heard from my cousin's next door neighbor's grandson. :)

No, someone on my RC said they were on Majesty recently and were told by an officer that C&A changes were to be a topic at a corporate meeting next week. So it's heresay but there's been chatter here lately that new changes would be coming. I just can't imagine they would institute sweeping changes again. The Screeching and rending of clothes has only recently quieted. ;)

No, someone on my RC said they were on Majesty recently and were told by an officer that C&A changes were to be a topic at a corporate meeting next week. So it's heresay but there's been chatter here lately that new changes would be coming. I just can't imagine they would institute sweeping changes again. The Screeching and rending of clothes has only recently quieted. ;)

RCI wants to make sure that we don't run out of issues to post about.

I agree with all of the above. I guess where I would be shocked would be if they make sweeping changes. After all, they just got things calmed down again. They improved the coupon books. As someone who has owned a business and been in a crazy type profession with the public, my logic tells me to leave well enough for a while. Especially since it would seem that the same exact clients would be the most impacted.

Ack - who am I kidding? Since when does logic have anything to do with RCCL? :D :D

Blame it on pre cruise anxiety. I'm on a final countdown and feeling obsessive. :)

Storm - sorry, I hadn't seen anything on this "subject" that was current. Don't feel compelled to comment if it irritates you.

You can expect that the way cruise credit are earned will happen early next year. I am not a gambler but I would put money on that one happening in short order. I really feel that RCL has to do something about the way cruise credit are earned if not they are going to be in so much trouble with the amount of people who are rising up the ranks in their loyalty program.

You can expect that the way cruise credit are earned will happen early next year. I am not a gambler but I would put money on that one happening in short order. I really feel that RCL has to do something about the way cruise credit are earned if not they are going to be in so much trouble with the amount of people who are rising up the ranks in their loyalty program.

"Amount of people rising up the ranks" is a problem?? I'm associated with a few business who would love the problem of too many people being loyal to them and spending their $$$ with them.....

If I was the competition....I would solicit RCCL cruisers with the promise of honoring thier RCCL status on my ships whether or not they've ever stepped foot on one before....

"Amount of people rising up the ranks" is a problem?? I'm associated with a few business who would love the problem of too many people being loyal to them and spending their $$$ with them.....

If I was the competition....I would solicit RCCL cruisers with the promise of honoring thier RCCL status on my ships whether or not they've ever stepped foot on one before....

Exactly.

It amazes me of all the complaints people have with certain cruise lines.

If you have a problem with a policy, you can go to a cruise line with the policies you like.

That is how the free market works.

Well, did notice that the coupon books we got on MAJ a few weeks ago all expired on 12/31/10:( I'm glad I at least got to platinum with that trip and have already had my platinum balcony discount applied to my next trip (in case they adjust that again).

I'd hate to get all upset before you really know anything. (Maybe they're going to make you happier!:D)

Kathy

I suspect a change to number of nights rather than cruises might be the answer. With short cruises to the Bahamas which are given away free with cornflakes attracting the same loyalty point as an 11 night cruise there is a huge disparity in the way different people reach each tier.

Our recent step up to D plus was earned the hard way (we are British so don't have the benefit of quick weekend cruises and have only recently enjoyed UK departures throughout the year). We got a few bonus points with owner's cabins but other than that it was loads of nights on board (we've done 11 night cruises for a single point!).

After the uproar of the concierge loss and limit to wine or champagne I am sure RCI will be keen not to alienate their best customers.

Henry :)

RCI wants to make sure that we don't run out of issues to post about.

LOL! How true!

Well before we get all worked up, although it is unlikely maybe they could make a positive change.

I have suggested that they make a change allowing Diamond/Platinum Crown and Anchor Members are allowed to purchase two bottles of wine or 1 bottle of hard liquor from the duty free shop on board, for consumption on board. That allows a solution to the ban from bringing Alcohol on board and gives the Crown and Anchor Members and additional Perk, with still allowing the cruise line to still make revenue from it. Just a suggestion.

My thoughts as well. The more folks rising up through the ranks the better for RCI. Thats the whole point of a loyalty program. Their goal should be for every new cruiser to one day be D+.

I really feel that RCL has to do something about the way cruise credit are earned if not they are going to be in so much trouble with the amount of people who are rising up the ranks in their loyalty program.

So much trouble? Other than the crowding in the CL with those wanting free drinks, what's the problem?

Archived