Carnival Splendor Plods Toward San Diego: Bars Open, Cruise Passengers Eat Spam, Play

LauraS

Dont you know there are going to be some great stories for these folks to remember and tell. I know it is bad but my hubby said he would of liked being on that cruise. He is one to make the best of the worst. I am sure most of the folks that are on that ship are as well. I cant wait until we start hearing from them. Will be good read !!!

I've been reading negative posts on the internet about this specific ship ("it's cursed"), Carnival cruisers are "low class" and Carnival is handling this wrong. Terrible things like this can happen anywhere in the world and on any ship, and on any cruiseline. Thankfully, everyone onboard is safe and food is being brought to the ship by coast guards. It's a scary situation as well as inconvenient in so many ways, to all passengers and crew members, but this won't keep me from cruising.

I have been on 5 Carnival cruises, and I will be honest they are not my fave line, However, in 27 cruises I have never had a CD as great as John Heald ( 2002 Legend TA crossing) If I was adrift on a ship with limited food , no flushing toilets,and no power John Heald would be make it worth it. Nothing more and nothing less. I cant wait to read his blog when this is

over.

One of the last posts on the original Splendor Blog that has now been locked for some reason??????????????asks "who eats cold poptarts" ? The answer :my husband, and I dont mind spam, so we would survive lol

I would guess that ice is one of the supply items being delivered, both for drinking and for refrigeration.

I'm sure that if you were on that ship, you wouldn't care if there was ice or not as long as the Alcohol ws still being served. Better no ice than no booze at all.

I have been on 5 Carnival cruises, and I will be honest they are not my fave line, However, in 27 cruises I have never had a CD as great as John Heald ( 2002 Legend TA crossing) If I was adrift on a ship with limited food , no flushing toilets,and no power John Heald would be make it worth it. Nothing more and nothing less. I cant wait to read his blog when this is

over.

One of the last posts on the original Splendor Blog that has now been locked for some reason??????????????asks "who eats cold poptarts" ? The answer :my husband, and I dont mind spam, so we would survive lol

Survived 3 weeks after Hurricane Hugo with no electricity. Now I actually prefer baked beans, spaghetti0s and green beans straight out of a can! ;)

Survived 3 weeks after Hurricane Hugo with no electricity. Now I actually prefer baked beans, spaghetti0s and green beans straight out of a can! ;)

Been there, done that! I also, was without electricity for three weeks after Hurricane Hugo hit Charleston in 1989. You just do whatever it takes to get through it! Think about the Chilean miners trapped under ground for months. They are most likely viewing this situation as a breeze!!!

I have dealt with the aftermath of two Major hurricanes: Alicia and Ike (power out for 12-14days) plus the devastating results of a tropical storm that flooded my home (Alison).

But even before these episodes, I yummied on SpaghettiOs from the can...pork & beans, and canned vegetables too...did my Mommy raise me wrong?

LOL :p

I've been reading negative posts on the internet about this specific ship ("it's cursed"), Carnival cruisers are "low class" and Carnival is handling this wrong. Terrible things like this can happen anywhere in the world and on any ship, and on any cruiseline. Thankfully, everyone onboard is safe and food is being brought to the ship by coast guards. It's a scary situation as well as inconvenient in so many ways, to all passengers and crew members, but this won't keep me from cruising.

I would agree. My wife is on the ship, and it hasn't sounded like much fun. But from what I see from the outside, I feel Carnival has done the best they can with the situation and I'm sure we will cruise Carnival again.

Carnival can only do so much at this point. I do feel sorry for the passengers for what they are going thru now. I am sure they are all in reaction mode right now. Just saying "I will never cruise again" is kind of silly. They are alive and safe.

I was on the Swine Flu Cruise and made the best of it. Carnival did make it right for us and we were pleased.

Everyone better get their blankets ready. The ship is heading into possible rain,

definitely colder temps then what they are used to. There might also be a pickup in

winds.

These photos were taken about 50 miles n. of Ensenada. As of 6pm west coast time,

I could not see the ship.

The photos you see are looking towards Ensenada. The speck you see in the distance

is a rock outcrop.

Greg

Ignore the name tennis court, we are building a new court in our community.

2022634307_tenniscourt029.jpg.79d990bcff1d52890fca1c4866d92df9.jpg

604306132_tenniscourt030.jpg.ff8de5f32a92c03408a4af3552046548.jpg

1401699911_tenniscourt031.jpg.8495a7a8ef181c63197d57ba7b97de0f.jpg

Been there, done that! I also, was without electricity for three weeks after Hurricane Hugo hit Charleston in 1989. You just do whatever it takes to get through it! Think about the Chilean miners trapped under ground for months. They are most likely viewing this situation as a breeze!!!

Hellooooo fellow Charlestonian! You're right about those miners--what an inspiration for the rest of us...

Archived