Video of Interview with Splendor Passenger

mathgeek1978

Assuming it was fished out, it was drenched unless hard shelled. They probably got some ship polos and stuff to wear and their stuff was sent to the laundry for next day wash (since transition day is full of linens). Since the power went off day 1, those clothes might be a bit rank now..

Hold the phone. Luggage dropped in the sea the first day so those people have nothing and are wandering around in robes?? What did they wear onboard?

Hmm...

Susan

This guy has a great attitude. I dought that is the average guests opinion though. I do hope this was just a fluke, I don't think we can honestly say that now. Seems like there was werid stuff going on before the fire too. This is going to be a major hit for Carnival and they will lose many customers over this. Do a search, many other videos. I would never stay on the first two floors in fact I wouldn't stay in a room without a balcony but I feel very bad for people on those levels. I actually feel sorry for all but staying down there must be double as bad.

This guy has a great attitude. I dought that is the average guests opinion though. I do hope this was just a fluke, I don't think we can honestly say that now. Seems like there was werid stuff going on before the fire too. This is going to be a major hit for Carnival and they will lose many customers over this. Do a search, many other videos. I would never stay on the first two floors in fact I wouldn't stay in a room without a balcony but I feel very bad for people on those levels. I actually feel sorry for all but staying down there must be double as bad.

Yes, those in inside cabins in the lower levels are in the worst shapes. Makes me wonder whether they are allowed to sleep on the Lido deck?

Hold the phone. Luggage dropped in the sea the first day so those people have nothing and are wandering around in robes?? What did they wear onboard?

Hmm...

Susan

Is there no one else onboard who could share clothes with them??????

I can tell you from experience. When our luggage was dropped "in the drink" it wasn't nice at all. There was NO difference between our clothes that were in our hard shelled case and the cloth one. It took them a bit to fish them out of the Miami harbour and EVERYTHING was BROWN[ I couldn't believe how brown] and stunk to high heavens!!!

There were some things that after laundering were fine- but my white blouses and a dress and my husbands tuxedo and dress shirts were ruined! Stained brown!:eek::eek::eek:

The difference with us was that it happened at the END of the Cruise!

Assuming it was fished out, it was drenched unless hard shelled. They probably got some ship polos and stuff to wear and their stuff was sent to the laundry for next day wash (since transition day is full of linens). Since the power went off day 1, those clothes might be a bit rank now..

It wasn't fished out. It was an entire cage of luggage.

My friend was working there on Sunday.

Yes - he said it was around "30 or 40 bags" that were dropped.

So...who was talking about "camping on the ocean"???? yeah...not so much...maybe for the people with oh - say - their LUGGAGE - and a BALCONY - but his description of the couple on the lower interior with STILL no bathroom, no light, no AC - no THANK you.

And yes, that is why when I DID book an interior - it was on the Spa Deck.

Glad he gave a shout out to how great the crew is being - I feel badly for Carnival - but they will recover, I'm sure!

ABC Nightly news with Diane Sawyer just previewed their story with something along the lines of "Splendor passengers are now calling on their cell phones and we are finding out just had bad the situation is!"

I'm bracing myself, lol.

Thats why you get insurance.

Ok everyone knows insurance is good to have for future reimbursement. However, insurance doesnt clothe them in this situation. I am with the person who posted earlier, no one could offer or "lend" something to the poor souls that have nothing? I usually overpack and pack a lot of comfortable clothes and tank tops/tee shirts. Just saying...

Thats why you get insurance.

Even if a pax had insurance and even if the insurance would cover the cost of the ruined clothes, which I doubt....Carnival or any other cruise line would and should be responsible to reimbursed the cost of the ruined clothes to the pax since it was their fault the accident happened...IMHO. Am I wrong in thinking this?:confused:

Even if a pax had insurance and even if the insurance would cover the cost of the ruined clothes, which I doubt....Carnival or any other cruise line would and should be responsible to reimbursed the cost of the ruined clothes to the pax since it was their fault the accident happened...IMHO. Am I wrong in thinking this?:confused:

Travel insurance WOULD cover the cost. If one didn't have insurance, then Carnival would be the one you would try to recover costs from. My parents had this happen. They got very quick resolution from travel insurance. I suspect it would have taken a lot longer to go another route.

Also, now that I think about it, seems I've read that when luggage accidents happen outside the ship, it's not even Carnival employees at fault, it's the port employees.

Unfortunately no.

Even if the issue is definitely within the responsibility of the cruise line, if you did not carry the CCL-provided insurance policy, then CCL would issue you a check in the maximum amount of $50 to cover the cost of the piece of luggage and its contents.

Ok everyone knows insurance is good to have for future reimbursement. However, insurance doesnt clothe them in this situation. I am with the person who posted earlier, no one could offer or "lend" something to the poor souls that have nothing? I usually overpack and pack a lot of comfortable clothes and tank tops/tee shirts. Just saying...

Yes it does $500 worth, just keep your receits. Been there done that out of miami. Called the insurance co and told them airline lost my luggage and no problem. First night on the ship I got shirt and shorts enough to keep me to the next port. Then we went shopping.

Unfortunately no.

Even if the issue is definitely within the responsibility of the cruise line, if you did not carry the CCL-provided insurance policy, then CCL would issue you a check in the maximum amount of $50 to cover the cost of the piece of luggage and its contents.

You are O so right. Right in your cruise contract. Other then that good luck. Insurance paid $1500 for one lost bag. Got it back 2 weeks later, but I still could keep the $1500. After the first 12 hrs I could spend $500.

Some insurance is different. Mine covered real good. You get what you pay for.

Archived