New version of CC forums coming soon!

Texas Teen

Just happened to look at the announcements area above the sticky threads yesterday (which I rarely do), and saw an announcement saying "New Version of the Forums: Coming Your Way & 'Happy Thanksgiving Note" !!! :eek: And she (LauraS) says the new forums are going to be like the Indepent Traveler forums! She also says they're coming "very soon", but doesn't give an exact date. LINK

I just checked out the Independent Traveler forums, and prefer the design of these forums. Their forums look ugly & tacky to me! :( Oh well, I guess it's not too bad. (Although I'm not a member of their forums, so I'm not sure if & how posting is going to be different after the change.)

I guess the upcoming forums will just take a little getting used to!

I checked them out and I don't like the looks of them? Why change it? The other site looks like a third grader designed it.:rolleyes:

I also think that this form is very easy to read and use. I can only assume its because the other form is cheeper to run?

Again, i have no idea, but I am not a fan.

Definitely looks like the site is stepping back in time.

However, structurally, they aren't that different looking. The layout's of the individual posts are almost identical (Date/Time/Poster Name/etc). I hope they keep the same color combinations they use here, because the other site looks way too monochrome.

Looks like it might be pretty limited in the signature area also.

I'm guessing the switch has something to do with easier maintenance or using less bandwidth?

Just happened to look at the announcements area above the sticky threads yesterday (which I rarely do), and saw an announcement saying "New Version of the Forums: Coming Your Way & 'Happy Thanksgiving Note" !!! :eek: And she (LauraS) says the new forums are going to be like the Indepent Traveler forums! She also says they're coming "very soon", but doesn't give an exact date. LINK

I just checked out the Independent Traveler forums, and prefer the design of these forums. Their forums look ugly & tacky to me! :( Oh well, I guess it's not too bad. (Although I'm not a member of their forums, so I'm not sure if & how posting is going to be different after the change.)

I guess the upcoming forums will just take a little getting used to!

Thanks for the link, but not the news. Not too interesting, and it looks like it is more than just cruising. I wonder why the change? It would be nice if there was a reason provided.

Archived