NCL: Coffee Makers in Balcony Cabins??

Natanni

We will be on the Jewel this coming weekend. I thought they had coffee pots too.

I don't understand what a "hot pot" is either. I have never heard of such a thing. I'm picturing this tea kettle type of contraption that you would put on a stove to heat up until it's boiling and then put in packets or something like you make tea with? How would you heat it up since there's no stove? Confused. :confused:

you are right, they are similar to an electric tea pot; last time we were on NCL with a balcony the coffee maker was not a hot pot, but a small coffee pot. It did only make about 4 cups but they were not instant. We will see on Wednesday.

Can somebody tell me if the Dawn (after refurb) has coffee makers and fridges in the BA balcony cabins?

We had one last summer. Don't drink coffee but did enjoy having the extra electrical outlet once we unplugged the machine.

For our recent NCL Gem sailing, we only saw stainless steel hot water kettle - operated on 220-240 volts in balcony cabins, nothing stocked in oceanview or inside. Instant coffee packets & tea bags with creamers/sugar provided.

They're small & similar to these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brentwood-1-2L-SS-Cordless-Electric-Kettle-Tea-Coffee-Hot-Water-Maker-KT-1770-/321268572074?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item4acd195faa

They are easier to clean & maintain for the stateroom stewards on a daily basis. Bring your own favorite coffee grinds & filters ...

My advice - skip them, bring a double-insulated mug & go to the buffet or Blue Lagoon, or order a pot from Room Service, those are better. Or, instant 3-n-1 coffee packets.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...
And, since you are obviously a coffee lover, you must try to book a suite some day! They come with a Lavazza Blue coffee magic machine that fresh brews individual espressos, lungos, even lattes and the like! And Tea! They are amazing.

lavazza-blue-LB2210.jpg

I have booked a mini suite, does that come with the Lavazza coffee machine? TIA

Cathy

I have booked a mini suite, does that come with the Lavazza coffee machine? TIA

Cathy

No. A mini suite is only slightly larger than a balcony cabin. You do not receive any suite benefits including the Lavazza coffee machine.

• 1 month later...
Omg. This is a thread from 2013. Yes they still have coffee makers in the balconies but why wouldn’t you just order room service for your am coffee??

Many reasons.

We like a coffee as soon as we wake up . Which may be 6 am or 9 am . After all we are on holiday and dont have to be up at a specific time.

If you book room service say between 7 and 7.30 , it can arrive anytime between 6.45 and 7.45.

Often the coffee is not very hot.

Much rather make our own :)

Many reasons.

We like a coffee as soon as we wake up . Which may be 6 am or 9 am . After all we are on holiday and dont have to be up at a specific time.

If you book room service say between 7 and 7.30 , it can arrive anytime between 6.45 and 7.45.

Often the coffee is not very hot.

Much rather make our own :)

I agree. I really don’t like asking someone to bring me a coffee I can make myself at the time I want. I take a hot drink flask and go up to find my own drink in case there is not a coffee machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums