Experience with washing/pressing on board

We have used the laundry service on every cruise. They do a fantastic job at very reasonable prices. If you are on a 7 day cruise, about day 4 they will offer a laundry special - All the laundry you can fit in a bag (about the size of a grocery bag) for $25. The clothes will be washed and folded, not pressed. It is great for underwear, shorts, t-shirts, socks etc. We have also had items just pressed and they have come back fantastic too.

I agree with everyone else, great service, very reasonable prices. I get my tux pressed every cruise, give it to the steward first night and it's back the next day.

Only one problem, if you have your jeans laundered and pressed, make sure you write on the slip to press with the crease down the front and back of the leg, otherwise you'll probably get them with the crease down the side. It doesn't look good on formal nights.:D

They did a great job on hubby's linen shirt....however, I sent a crinkly cotton (gauzy type) of dress....shouldn't have been pressed at all, and they ironed every single "crinkle" out of it....ruined it.

So, make sure you specify whether to iron or not.......!

i used the laundry service on last cruise- they did a great job. left it in the morning for the room attendant and was back the next day by dinner.

also did the stuff a bag thing for underwear and socks. my dh pins his socks together- the laundry service unpinned them

As others have said they do a great job. I just make sure not to send out anything I wouldn't want to go in the dryer. Carnival gives free laundry service to Platinum cruisers (equivalent of Diamond on RCI) and that is a great perk.

Agree with the above posts. Agree about not sending anything to laundry that needs cold wash, will send those items to be dry cleaned, or just pressed if possible.

One thing that does bother me, is they put 2 creases on long sleeve shirt cuffs-where there shouldn't be any. Thought is was just a bad day for the person who did our pressing, but on formal night at the Captain's table, noticed his shirt cuffs had the same 2 creases. Noted also that they do not do this on formal shirts with French cuffs.

TnT

They did a great job on hubby's linen shirt....however, I sent a crinkly cotton (gauzy type) of dress....shouldn't have been pressed at all, and they ironed every single "crinkle" out of it....ruined it.

So, make sure you specify whether to iron or not.......!

Cb, I am sorry that your dress got ruined, but your post reminded me of a few years back and gave me a giggle. Sent 3 shorts and top sets made out of cotton "crinkle", got them back with a note appologizing that they could not get the wrinkles out and that there would be no charge for the whole order! (we had many more items including dry cleaning, whole bill was around $65) All I had to do to fix them was wet them down and air dry on the balcony.

Hello-

I am curious to know how everyone feels about the laundry services on board? Should I be concerned with articles of clothing. Any tips or "dont do's?" That I should know about?

Thanks! :)

Have used the service many times. On the Liberty of the Seas they pick up the laundry on day 5 and you get it back the evening of day 6 in time to pack. So you can take clean clothes home but it does not help to reduce the amount of clothes you take.

Are you confused with Princess Platinum Elite? We're Diamond Plus on RCI and don't get free laundry, unless it's something very, very new.

Here is a list of the Current C&A Ultimate Value Booklet for Gold, Platinum, Diamond & Diamond Plus and what is included in each booklet by C&A level and that each member receives in their cabin. These new books just went into effect on July 1, 2010.

The "free" laundry coupon can only be used on Wash & Fold Days and is limited to the following items:

Pajamas

Socks

shorts

Swimwear

T-shirts

Underwear

The above items will be washed and folded only. If you put anything else in the bag you may be charged the regular price for that article.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived