San Pedro from a San Pedran

Wineaux

What a helpful thread!

We are staying at the Crowne Plaza precruise. Wondering about nearby places for breakfast.

What is a good time to plan to arrive at the pier in San Pedro for a Golden Princess cruise? (we do like earlier rather than later)

Thank you!

Nancy

We eat fairly lightly at breakfast and after walking up 6th St. and getting some coffee and very average pastries at some local coffee house I discovered Mishi's Strudel on 7th St, just around the corner from the Crown Plaza, we will be back.:)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mishis-strudel-bakery-and-cafe-san-pedro

There are 6 people in our group. We are flying into LAX on Thurs. before our cruise on Friday. I am thinking of staying at the crown plaza. Whats the best way to get us all there. Our flight arrives around 2:30 pm We are also staying at the crown plaza a day after our cruise, Sunday and flying home Monday am. We were hoping to go to Venice beach, is that a possibility? How would be the best way to get there? We will be traveling in November, whats the weather usually like there? We are from NE Ohio so I am sure it will be warmer, just not sure about the beaches?

With regards to getting from LAX to the Crowne Plaza, check out Karmel dot com. You can do a search to see reviews. To get to Venice Beach, I believe the best economic feasibility would be to rent a van or a suv for the six of you. Can't help you with regards to the weather forecast in November.

Looking for a reasonably priced BEACHFRONT hotel in the San Pedro area for two post cruise nights.

Thank you.

Debbie

I believe that nearby Long Beach will provide you with what you're looking for. Do your research on tripadvisor. The AVIA hotel is a highly rated one that looks nice.

We will disembark from the Star Princess in September and were thinking about spending a few days in Huntington Beach or Newport.

Any ideas of a cost of a taxi?

We are looking at that area as we will fly from SNA..........

Our only real requirement is a nice ocean view (don't care about a beach) ......any suggestions?

Thanks!!

We will be staying in San Pedro for 2 days prior to our upcoming cruise in December. We have booked the Crowne Plaza but have just found a great deal for the Hotel Maya on Travel Zoo. Which hotel is more convenient to the San Pedro cruise port? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

Edited by carynh

Hotel Maya is in Long Beach--unless you are sailing Carnival, you should probably stay with your Crowne Plaza reservations in San Pedro.

The Port of Long Beach and the Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) are two different locations and approximately a $20 cab ride (if not more) apart.

Hotel Maya is in Long Beach--unless you are sailing Carnival, you should probably stay with your Crowne Plaza reservations in San Pedro.

The Port of Long Beach and the Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) are two different locations and approximately a $20 cab ride (if not more) apart.

Thanks! We are cruising with Carnival but the ship leaves from San Pedro for this cruise.

We will be staying in San Pedro for 2 days prior to our upcoming cruise in December. We have booked the Crowne Plaza but have just found a great deal for the Hotel Maya on Travel Zoo. Which hotel is more convenient to the San Pedro cruise port? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

Don't know how you booked the Crowne Plaza, but at the suggestion of several people here on CC, we booked the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro in October on Priceline for $65 per night. A great deal.

Don't know how you booked the Crowne Plaza, but at the suggestion of several people here on CC, we booked the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro in October on Priceline for $65 per night. A great deal.

We got a similar deal. Looks like a nice hotel. We are flying in 2 days early just in case there is any weather. I know it's early for snow but I've learned to never say never.

We got a similar deal. Looks like a nice hotel. We are flying in 2 days early just in case there is any weather. I know it's early for snow but I've learned to never say never.

FYI: We have not been to LA before and want to see Hollywood, Venice Beach, etc. We booked with Sunseeker Tours. They do all full day tour with a pickup and dropoff at the San Pedro Crowne Plaza.

FYI: We have not been to LA before and want to see Hollywood, Venice Beach, etc. We booked with Sunseeker Tours. They do all full day tour with a pickup and dropoff at the San Pedro Crowne Plaza.

How was the tour? We are thinking about doing it after our upcoming Spirit cruise. The only thing that really upsets me is that they want another 20 bucks a head to drop us off at our LAX hotel. It's closer than having to come all the way back to San Pedro.

After get luggage go out

the door you will see them.

From LAX to the hotel,

just tell them where you

want to go. Take others

to other hotels along the

way. $17.00pp Don't need

reservations.

Also from pier to LAX, they

will be there, tell them what

airport, they will fill up and your

on your way. Could be lines of course.

$17.00pp again. No res needed.

If you go on line, there are coupons. If you make a reservation and the van is filling, they take people with reservations first. That was very helpful the times we have used them...so I suggest a reservation.

After get luggage go out

the door you will see them.

From LAX to the hotel,

just tell them where you

want to go. Take others

to other hotels along the

way. $17.00pp Don't need

reservations.

Also from pier to LAX, they

will be there, tell them what

airport, they will fill up and your

on your way. Could be lines of course.

$17.00pp again. No res needed.

If you go on line, there are coupons. If you make a reservation and the van is filling, they take people with reservations first. That was very helpful the times we have used them...so I suggest a reservation.

Do you need to make a reservation for a specific time? It is hard to predict when we will be off the the ship. Once we are off, we would like to go ASAP.

How easy is it to get a taxi at the pier in San Pedro? Are they lined up or is it a total zoo........

Any idea of the price of a cab from the pier to Huntington Beach?

We would like a private car instead of a shared van.

I appreciate any information!

Do you need to make a reservation for a specific time? It is hard to predict when we will be off the the ship. Once we are off, we would like to go ASAP.

No, they know when the ship is coming in. From the airport we walked to the van and got on the second van, even though there was several people ahead of us..they didn't have reservations.

Getting off the ship, we went up to the front of th eline, said we just wanted you to know we had a reservation, showed our reservation (prepaid using coupon) and they put us ahead of others..it was pretty quick.

Just booked Crown Plaza for $74/nite on 10/29 for Cabo 5 day cruise leaving 10/30 on Carnival Spirit. Counting on free parking based on posts I've seen here...

83 days, but who's counting!!!!

I wouldn't count on the free parking--I thought it charged even for overnight guests.

Just booked Crown Plaza for $74/nite on 10/29 for Cabo 5 day cruise leaving 10/30 on Carnival Spirit. Counting on free parking based on posts I've seen here...

A friend of ours checked with the CP and was told that free parking was only for those who booked the free parking special for $189 for one night, breakfast and parking for up to 14 days. You had better check.

Bill McA

We're on the Spirit 9-day right before you and are staying at the Doubletree, which does have free parking the whole time and shuttle to and from the pier. We'll try to keep the ship in good shape for you!

A friend of ours checked with the CP and was told that free parking was only for those who booked the free parking special for $189 for one night, breakfast and parking for up to 14 days. You had better check.

Bill McA

Where would you recommend I look to park? At the pier? How far is it from where we board?