San Pedro from a San Pedran

Wineaux

We will be traveling to San Pedro from LAX and the hotel (Embassy Suites) recommended California Limousine Service they charge $65 (2 people) one way? Has anyone used them or heard of them???

Thanks

We will be traveling to San Pedro from LAX and the hotel (Embassy Suites) recommended California Limousine Service they charge $65 (2 people) one way? Has anyone used them or heard of them???

Thanks

Is this a private transfer? If so, it is a pretty good price. A Supershuttle shared shuttle would be $38 and their private car service is $61.

This is from a local...several comments about the trolley: the hours of the trolley depend upon the day of the week. Check before you arrive. A good bet for a few hours is the Los Angeles Maritime Museum at the foot of sixth street and on the trolley line, and also a block from the Crowne Plaza Hotel. The donation is $3 for adults and the building is the original ferry building between San Pedro and Terminal Island.

For those coming into town this fall and winter of 2011 here are a few upcoming events in San Pedro.

September 10- Cevapcici Festival

http://www.zvents.com/z/los-angeles-ca/san-pedro-cevapcici-and-croatian-wine-festival--events--151762145

September 16th, 17th and 18th - Lobster Festival

http://lobsterfest.com/

October 1st - Edge of LA Wine Walk and Shop

http://www.edgeoflawinefestival.com

October 7th - An Eclectic Evening with Poncho Sanchez

http://events.dailybreeze.com/san-pedro-ca/events/show/205975685-an-eclectic-evening-with-pancho-sanchez

October 30th - El Dia de los Muertos

http://www.diadelosmuertossanpedro.com/

For those coming into town this fall and winter of 2011 here are a few upcoming events in San Pedro.

September 10- Cevapcici Festival

http://www.zvents.com/z/los-angeles-ca/san-pedro-cevapcici-and-croatian-wine-festival--events--151762145

September 16th, 17th and 18th - Lobster Festival

http://lobsterfest.com/

October 1st - Edge of LA Wine Walk and Shop

www.edgeoflawinewalk.com

October 7th - An Eclectic Evening with Poncho Sanchez

http://events.dailybreeze.com/san-pedro-ca/events/show/205975685-an-eclectic-evening-with-pancho-sanchez

October 30th - El Dia de los Muertos

http://www.diadelosmuertossanpedro.com/

Corrected web address for the wine walk above.

We've sailed several times from San Pedro on Princess, but this is the first time that we'll be driving to the port and parking our car. We are staying the night before at the Doubletree and would prefer to leave our car at the pier (sailing Princess).

Is there ever an issue when the lots fill up and no parking is available? We'll be there the end of September and we'll be the only ship in port that day and it looks like one smaller ship will be arriving the day before. Is there a good time to arrive - we tend to get there early because we like to get on the ship as soon as we can (we're platinum so we get in the first boarding group). Is it best to drop off the luggage first and then park the car? We are both fit and active, so it wouldn't be a problem for us to roll the luggage long distances. Any heads up or tips on the parking situation is greatly appreciated!

We've sailed several times from San Pedro on Princess, but this is the first time that we'll be driving to the port and parking our car. We are staying the night before at the Doubletree and would prefer to leave our car at the pier (sailing Princess).

Is there ever an issue when the lots fill up and no parking is available? We'll be there the end of September and we'll be the only ship in port that day and it looks like one smaller ship will be arriving the day before. Is there a good time to arrive - we tend to get there early because we like to get on the ship as soon as we can (we're platinum so we get in the first boarding group). Is it best to drop off the luggage first and then park the car? We are both fit and active, so it wouldn't be a problem for us to roll the luggage long distances. Any heads up or tips on the parking situation is greatly appreciated!

I haven't heard of anyone not being able to find an available spot for their car. Even before Carnival switched to the Port of Long Beach, and there were plenty of ships sailing every week (at least during the fall and winter months) for years.

Wondering what car rental companies have booths or outlets in/near San Pedro? We plan on renting a car in San Jose and driving the costal highway to LA prior to our January cruise. Will need to return it, hopefully, in San Pedro.

Thanks for all the local help. Have gleaned a lot since this thread started.

Wondering what car rental companies have booths or outlets in/near San Pedro? We plan on renting a car in San Jose and driving the costal highway to LA prior to our January cruise. Will need to return it, hopefully, in San Pedro.

Thanks for all the local help. Have gleaned a lot since this thread started.

Our only rental agency in San Pedro is Enterprise....located at the Crown Plaza Hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

USS Iowa comes to San Pedro this December or January of next year.

I did have a quick question for cruisers in regard to your after cruise plans. Would you stay and explore San Pedro if there was convenient luggage storage?

Thanks

USS Iowa comes to San Pedro this December or January of next year.

I did have a quick question for cruisers in regard to your after cruise plans. Would you stay and explore San Pedro if there was convenient luggage storage?

Thanks

To answer your question... YES!

NOT having convenient luggage storage ~ AND the ridiculous price of tickets to Catalina Island and back ~ is the #1 reason we are now staying near LAX.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I am starting to panic. :eek:

I need 2 rooms in San Pedro for April 13, 2012. Both CP and DT websites say they are full.

Priceline says they have 3 rooms left at $177. per room per night. I would pay the price to get a room tho'.

Seriously, they are BOOKED ??

Pat

There are 3 of us, found this at the Crowne Plaza: $299 for room for one night, shuttle from LAX to CP, shuttle from CP to the ship, shuttle from the ship to LAX.

Are there other deals out there? Thanks!

Thinking of staying at CP, solo , and a senior. in Feb 2012 ,for QV cruise

How did you catch the shuttle at LAX to CP, was this from the hotel?

To the ship, ws this from the hotel

Cost of these please.

Also did you use the hotel dining room for dinner or breakfast, and what was your reaction to the food offered. Was breakfast, a full meal or just continental.

Tried the web for the hotel but it did not cover any of these questions.

Thank you for your help in advance

Lynn

We are thinking of coming in early for 3 nights before catching the Princess cruise out of San Pedro.

From reading this thread, the Oct. 2011 prices for Crowne Plaza and D/tree are really reasonable.

For Feb. 2012 the best I could do from DT's website was 119.00 + taxes for 2 queen size beds. (we are sailing in Feb)

Have never done Hotwire or Priceline before; if I did either, what info would I enter to get either CP or DT and not one of the other San Pedro hotels?

Thinking of renting a car too. Has anyone done a hotel/car combo and do you really save $$ doing this?

Or....to confuse even more, flight/hotel/car combo? Do you save over a hundred dollars in the long run?

Any help would be appreciated as I don't know if I should be starting my hotel search/booking now?

We are staying at the Crowne Plaza the night of Oct. 11. We will need to buy wine and bourbon to go on our cruise the next day. Is there some place close we might be able to get to? we are flying in, so we will probably need to walk there.

Well, I spent 45 min. calling hotels for Feb and April 2012.

Seriously--these hotels are, or almost booked. :eek:

Couldn't use the CCL discount at Hotel Maya in Feb. as they are limited, and the limit has already been reached. Grrrrr. Also, the hotel is almost booked.

Doubletree in San Pedro IS booked --no rooms available. Crown Plaza's website says they're booked for April 2012. :(

I was able to use Priceline--first time, and totally out of my comfort zone----but they only had 3 rooms and I need 2. I booked them, but paid more than I wanted to.

Who would have thought ????? :confused:

Pat