MDR for breakfast

I loved having breakfast in the MDR. I try to avoid the buffet at all costs except for lunch on embarkation day and thats only because its been the only place to eat on the two ships Ive been on so far. Luckily both times, I was one of the first in there.

I just dont care for all the hectic frenzy and very unsanitary things I see some passengers do in the buffet. Of course, Im not fond of buffets on land either :)

I could be totally off base here but is my opinion that the buffet on the ship is where the stomach virus that is brought on board sometimes has a chance to spread like wildfire.

I love the fresh orange juice in the MDR (for extra price of course, lol). Add a little champagne an you are good to go. We go to both, sometimes you just want to have a quick meal and sometimes we like to be served. But we also love having our morning meal in our room on the balcony.:confused: I guess we love it all, lol.;)

Just be aware the during "peak" times they may not have a "single" to offer you.

Thank you but we have been asking for a table by ourselves for 25 years now with many cruises and have never been told none were avaliable. In fact it seems that they only use part of the dining room for breakfast and the rest seems to be closed off.

phoenix1181 - the breakfast in Johnny Rockets on the Oasis and Allure is free.......you can eat inside or out on the Boardwalk - nice locations for a liesurely breakfast. Lunch and dinner has the cover charge.

Enjoy!!!!

Thanks! I'll keep working on DH................ I want to do a B2B!

phoenix1181 - the breakfast in Johnny Rockets on the Oasis and Allure is free.......you can eat inside or out on the Boardwalk - nice locations for a liesurely breakfast. Lunch and dinner has the cover charge.

Enjoy!!!!

Any idea why the JR's on the Freedom class ships don't offer breakfast ??

I vote with give each one a try and see what suits you. Thru the years I even got into the routine of ordering room service breakfast and sit out on my balcony.

Dave

Thanks for the idea. I'm going to do this for the first time next month :)

Thank you but we have been asking for a table by ourselves for 25 years now with many cruises and have never been told none were avaliable. In fact it seems that they only use part of the dining room for breakfast and the rest seems to be closed off.

Very true.

I have a friend who usually travels solo..and she has been finding that "singles" seem to getting the short shrift in things. She finds that more and more she is being encouraged to join others rather than being able to sit alone, as she requests.

I'm so happy things have worked out for you in the past 25 years.:)

Is there a cover charge for breakfast @ Johnny Rockets?

No charge.

DSCN9955-1.jpg

I love the fresh orange juice in the MDR (for extra price of course, lol). Add a little champagne an you are good to go. We go to both, sometimes you just want to have a quick meal and sometimes we like to be served. But we also love having our morning meal in our room on the balcony.:confused: I guess we love it all, lol.;)

I don't know why, but on disembarkation day last month on the Navigator, we were served fresh squeezed OJ in the MDR and not charged. (just asked for OJ, and that's what he brought.) It was GOOD.

Any idea why the JR's on the Freedom class ships don't offer breakfast ??

My guess: They tried it as an experiment on the Oasis.

Perhaps after drydock they will offer it on Liberty and Freedom.

We did breakfast once in MDR and the rest of the time in the WJ. We love the MDR for dinner with set dining companions and a couple of lunches in the MDR to get the Tutti Salad, but overall we prefer the WJ for breakfast for several reasons. 1- It's early and trying to converse with 12 at a table, intros,etc.-to much too early-lunch and dinner is fine to do that 2-Our breakfast in the MDR wasn't really hot when we were served, which 3- it took a long time to be served because of all the varied orders. So WJ for breakfast, MDR and WJ for lunch, and MDR for dinner for us.

We love breakfast in the MDR. I agree with others, that is more relaxing than the windjammer. (If we have an early excursion, we'll do Windjammer... otherwise we do the MDR!) We love how they pass around the pastry basket at breakfast. Yum! On our cruise on Voyager in November, they actually had some "buffet" options in the dining room too. You could still order off the menu, but they had a table set up where you could get fruit, eggs, breakfast meats, juices, etc. So after we sat down and ordered our drinks/food, we usually got our own fruit from the "buffet."

20 cruises and we have never had breakfast in the MDR...we plan on it...but because we are up early, it is easier to do the WJ...we really love coffee/hot tea and breakfast watching the beautiful sunrise!!!!

The top deck is beautiful and quiet at sunrise...no one in the hot tubs..watching the ports come into view...wow...all this talk makes me homesick for the sea!!!

We prefer WJ for breakfast. I've found the MDR a bit too leisurely for my taste. Never do room service for breakfast. We are morning people; early risers that like to get up and out and get the day started. The thought of lounging over breakfast just doesn't work for us:)

We are morning people so we are in the Windjammer first thing in the morning. Coffee is set up outside the Windjammer before they open. Never have seen a " Feeding Frenzy " and never in a hectic situation.Maybe some people do not plan their days very well.

Archived