Did NOT get my FCCs while on board - this new process is a mess

califgary

I was just on the Sapphire Princess and submitted my FCC request on day 1 of the cruise because Ive heard of such a mess with how Princess is doing the FCC process. Now home (a great cruise) with no email confirmation, No $200 charge to my bill, no FCCs in my princess account.

Princess is really falling down on the job regarding this process -

I think it is a Sapphire issue as I have not heard this issue on any other ship.

Thankfully, my future cruise credits showed up quickly on my account (and email also) within a day or so. Others have posted problems on the Sapphire.

Pam yes this guy in future cruise sales (Brian) was definitly not friendly and on 2 occasions he didnt keep his "office hours" due to unforeseen circumstances. I just send Princess an email asking for help and I indicated this type of treatment to valued customers as "unacceptable" on the online survey I just filled out. Hopefully I will still get my FCCs! I just think that our following up on someone who is supposed to be doing his job is ridiculous -
Good for you! I hope it works out as you're right, you shouldn't have to be following up because someone didn't do their job. When we were on the Sapphire, there were quite a few people who weren't doing their jobs; it seemed to be very poorly run and managed. Not that we didn't have a great time but I get mad when I see ship's staff chatting and laughing on the phone for 10-15 minutes on what is clearly not a "business" call while people wait to check out a book or return it, plus other examples. Minor but when you add them up, it's very lax.

I'll be on the Sapphire in few weeks, if Brian is still there and not doing his job appropriately I will let him know that not only are folks dissatisfied on this forum, but that they are contacting the main office and voicing their concerns. That should help. I say should, but if Brian cares so little for his job thus far, perhaps he is looking to get fired.

We'll see how it shakes out.

We are just off the Sapphire. I read on CC that Brian was really bad so didn't buy any this trip. Good thing we have a couple left and will be cruising again in May.

Friends on this trip filled out paperwork ist day of cruise, and didn't have receipt on the last day of cruise. Brian claimed he was ill but would get around to doing it. Well, with a new group on the ship today, he may never catch up.

Well I guess I just got very lucky. I put my FCC form in a (stuffed) drop box & my paperwork showed up in my cabin on the last day of our cruise. I didn't realize that I was dealing with someone inept or I would have been more concerned. Ignorance is bliss sometimes I suppose.

I bought a couple while on the Sapphire in January. If it's the same Future Sales Consultant, he's an idiot and disorganized. When I went to get mine, there was a line of people who had filled out forms and dropped them off days, even a week before and hadn't gotten their notices. I didn't get mine on the ship even though I was promised I would but got them in the mail a week later. They finally showed up in my My Princess area on the website.

We were on that same cruise and the same thing happened to us as well.

Well I guess I just got very lucky. I put my FCC form in a (stuffed) drop box & my paperwork showed up in my cabin on the last day of our cruise. I didn't realize that I was dealing with someone inept or I would have been more concerned. Ignorance is bliss sometimes I suppose.

Avalong - when was this? I was on Dec/January (got off the 5th) cruise and they clearly indicated that we would get an email confirmation, not a paper confirmation. I did get an email confirmation but not a paper confirmation.

Did they change back to a paper confirmation?

Well, you should have received it within a day or two. That's been the case every other time I've paid for a FCC. The problem with receiving it the last day is if you have any questions or it's not correct, you don't have time to correct it.

Out of curiosity, does the Cruise Consultant report to the CD?

Well, you should have received it within a day or two. That's been the case every other time I've paid for a FCC. The problem with receiving it the last day is if you have any questions or it's not correct, you don't have time to correct it.

Out of curiosity, does the Cruise Consultant report to the CD?

LOL He might have.... on that cruise.....:eek:

I read your other post about the staff and I so agree......while we still had a wonderful cruise.... some of the staff were not as good as they should have been, we didn't think much of it until a few weeks ago when we had some fellow Princess (met at the CC greet on our very first Diamond Princess cruise) cruisers over and we were talking about our recent Sappire cruise.

On our recent Sapphire cruise (Jan 22), I went to Brian to purchase two FCCs. He told me to fill out the form so I did. I did this on day 3 of the cruise. On day 5, I went back to his office and asked if he could print out the certificates and have them delivered to my cabin. It was the last day of the cruise when I finally got the email for them but I never got a hard copy like I requested. He took my name down and my cabin and assured me I would have them that night. That didn't happen.

We had this same guy on our Coral cruise back in Jul 2010 (Alaska) and I recalled not being very impressed with him then and I immediately recognized him on the Sapphire cruise.

I was very worried that we would not get our FCCs but feel fortunate that we did. I will always go in the first couple of days into the cruise to get my FCCs instead of waiting to the end of the cruise to ensure I get them before I get off the ship.

I hope Princess will assist you. If they need evidence of problems with this guy, I would be glad to be a witness and share my experience.

Dan

On our recent Sapphire cruise (Jan 22), I went to Brian to purchase two FCCs. He told me to fill out the form so I did. I did this on day 3 of the cruise. On day 5, I went back to his office and asked if he could print out the certificates and have them delivered to my cabin. It was the last day of the cruise when I finally got the email for them but I never got a hard copy like I requested. He took my name down and my cabin and assured me I would have them that night. That didn't happen.

We had this same guy on our Coral cruise back in Jul 2010 (Alaska) and I recalled not being very impressed with him then and I immediately recognized him on the Sapphire cruise.

I was very worried that we would not get our FCCs but feel fortunate that we did. I will always go in the first couple of days into the cruise to get my FCCs instead of waiting to the end of the cruise to ensure I get them before I get off the ship.

I hope Princess will assist you. If they need evidence of problems with this guy, I would be glad to be a witness and share my experience.

Dan

Thanks for the support - Im hoping that since I complained via an email right away to Princess Corporate support desk AND indicated in my online survey that I was having issues....if the FCC didnt make it via the cruise consultant, then they may be able to help me get my FCC's directly --- I will keep everyone posted if/when I hear something from Princess or my FCCs magically appear ---

I do have to agree with previous poster, if Brian has been ill, and with one cruise right after the other, I dont see how he can catch up (plus how would he know which credit card to use if my cruise is over) ---

Same cruise same Brian .

We put our FCC form in drop box twice on day 1 and day 3 of the cruise ,still no email confirmation no charge to visa.

Please send an email to PRINCESS helpdesk and if you havnt already, indicate such on your online survey ---- the more of us that bring this to someone's attention (who can do something about it) the better!

There is strength in numbers!

I was on the Golden Princess last month, and halfway through the cruise I filled out the FCC form and dropped it in the slot. On the form you can check off if you want an e-mail confirmation, or one delivered to your cabin. I checked off to deliver to my cabin. I never did receive a confirmation in my cabin. I did not get an e-mail confirmation, either. But, the day after I submitted the form, it showed up on My Princess at Princess.com. So, I know I have the FCC, even though I never received any kind of confirmation.

I'm glad the OP apprised us of this, especially since I plan on buying

some FCC's on the Sapphire next month. Usually my practice is to

fill out the form on the last day, but this time I will fill out the form

on day one, and then I plan to check MY PRINCESS each and every

day while on the ship since logging into the Princess site is free anyway.

… but this time I will fill out the form on day one, and then I plan to check MY PRINCESS each and every day while on the ship since logging into the Princess site is free anyway.

The posting of FCCs on My Princess is not good enough for me. Data can mysteriously disappear over time. You need to get hard copies. If you do not get them as an e-mail attachment, call Princess and request that they e-mail them to you. I did that back in 2007 and had confirmation e-mails by the end of the day.

FWIW, I was on the January 15 Sapphire Princess cruise. I ordered 4 FCCs from Brian on Monday and by Wednesday, I had four e-mails, each with a PDF copy of the confirmation letter attached. He told me that confirmations are no longer provided on board.

Jim

FWIW, I was on the January 15 Sapphire Princess cruise. I ordered 4 FCCs from Brian on Monday and by Wednesday, I had four e-mails, each with a PDF copy of the confirmation letter attached. He told me that confirmations are no longer provided on board.
If that's true, I wonder if they've made provisions for someone who doesn't have an email address or Internet access. Not everyone does. I know it's surprising but I know a number of people who don't.

If that's true, I wonder if they've made provisions for someone who doesn't have an email address or Internet access.

Good point. Pam. I asked if confirmation letters would be delivered to my cabin, but since he knew I had an e-mail address, he may have just told me that they are no longer provided on the ship. I wonder if he would have delivered letters if I had said that I don't have an e-mail address.

Jim

We were on the CB in late January, and checked the box "deliver to stateroom", so I know they still will (because we actually got them withing 24 hours).

I agree about needing a hard copy. Even if you save your email on your computer, it doesn't hurt to have one printed out in case something happens to your computer.

For all of you who have had the same problem with the same Cruise Consultant on the same ship, you would be doing everyone else who books an FCC on this ship a favor by e-mailing Princess and telling them of your experience.

If this same consultant is consistently not doing his job properly, Princess needs to know about it so they can take care of the problem.

Same cruise same Brian .

We put our FCC form in drop box twice on day 1 and day 3 of the cruise ,still no email confirmation no charge to visa.

We too put in a request for FCC with Brian..did not hear from him to acknowledge request of same. We did bring home one of the FCC sheets. Would a phone call to corporate or just sending an e mail address the issue and if an e mail how would you address it? And, if Brian was ill..doesn't another staff member pitch in to help? Isn't this what "Team" members do??

Archived