Do you worry before a cruise?

RedbirdFL

OK, I know this is going to sound silly, but we're leaving on the Sensation on Sunday and I'm worried that they're going to delay the shuttle launch until then and we won't be able to get to the port. :eek:

It would be awesome to see the launch from the ship (we live about 35 miles due west of KSC and have seen many launches from our house) but the traffic is crazy! A couple of months ago, when they launched Discovery, we could barely get home from work on the 528/Beachline, which is the main road leading from the airport to the port. Traffic was almost at a standstill.

Does anyone else worry about silly things before their cruise?

OK, I know this is going to sound silly, but we're leaving on the Sensation on Sunday and I'm worried that they're going to delay the shuttle launch until then and we won't be able to get to the port. :eek:

It would be awesome to see the launch from the ship (we live about 35 miles due west of KSC and have seen many launches from our house) but the traffic is crazy! A couple of months ago, when they launched Discovery, we could barely get home from work on the 528/Beachline, which is the main road leading from the airport to the port. Traffic was almost at a standstill.

Absolutely! You are not alone. You name it, I've worried about it!

I do! I try not to, but it's almost impossible. It doesn't help that I always have cruise dreams (and sometimes nightmares) before the cruise :P

I worry about silly things that will most likely never happen, but I forget about 99% of them when I get on the ship :)

We are a little over 5 months away from our cruise and I am worried about flights being on time, I'm worried about my DD passport being processed on time, the weather all sorts of other stuff.

Worrying is my job. My DH says he never has to worry because I do it for both of us. I bet I check my purse for our passports 10 times before we get on the plane and then another 30 times before we get on the ship. Then I start worring that our luggage won't get to us. But once we get on the ship and our luggage is in the room my worrying stops for the rest of the cruise.

Other than getting to the port on time what is there to worry about?

Well, I've also been worried that I'm going to get sick. On our last cruise (October 09), I got a really bad cold that turned into pneumonia a couple of weeks later.

I'm just really looking forward to the cruise, and don't want anything to mess it up! :)

So glad to hear I'm not the only pre-cruise worrier out there.

Well, I've also been worried that I'm going to get sick. On our last cruise (October 09), I got a really bad cold that turned into pneumonia a couple of weeks later.

I'm just really looking forward to the cruise, and don't want anything to mess it up! :)

So glad to hear I'm not the only pre-cruise worrier out there.

I also worry about getting sick!! I've had more than one vaycay be ruined by sickness. Most notably a 9 night HAL cruise that resulted in two trips to the ships dr, high fever, horrid cold/flu symptoms that kept me confined to my room for all but the first 3 days. So now I live in fear!!:eek: lol Only cruise I ever lost weight on! I'm also a compulsive passport/money/document checker all the way to the ship;)

It's supposed to launch tomorrow (Friday 4/29). Are there any reasons for the delay other than weather? Does it appear that might happen. I haven't really been following it.

The only thing I worry about before a cruise is getting sick and not being able to go. Usually it's just DH and myself I have to worry about, but our next cruise will be with my Mom and a friend so I just hope and pray all four of us will be healthy so we can go!! :)

The main thing I worry about is leaving my pets behind...it tortures me to know they will miss me and wonder where I am and not know I am coming back to them...after I get on the cruise though I am ok. Just have to go through this every time though before the cruise - not fun!

I worry about the car and us making it safely to port, I worry that we wont be ill, I worry about the ship not being there, I worry about forgetting something really important(like passports), and then once on board I worry about "where is my purse" until we get into the cabin so I can lock up my wallet(it never has any money in it, I just worry), and then once my wallet is locked up, I don't worry about any thing until we have to get off the ship. To me a cruise is truly a don't worry vacation....once the ship pulls out of port. LOL

It's supposed to launch tomorrow (Friday 4/29). Are there any reasons for the delay other than weather? Does it appear that might happen. I haven't really been following it.

Launch cancelled for at least 72 hours, some problem with a heating element.

What ? :confused: Me worry ? :confused: I usually book 3-5 days before the cruise. Don't have time to worry. Have a "travel-pack" always on alert (suitcase with double toiletries, laundered and pressed shirts). Just throw in some shorts, underwear, socks and slacks and I'm outta here. :D

Archived