My first DIAMOND cruise! 7/1/11 Monarch pictorial with Coco Cay Cabana Club report!

Relative to Freedom, on our recent cruise to Labadee the CL Concierge was the one that was in charge of booking cabanas. If someone without CL privileges needed to book a cabana they had to go to the CL when he was there the night before Labadee. Reason being that after all suite guests have had a chance to book a cabana then it opens up to Diamond through Pinnacle. I don't believe there is any rank order at that point. It has been stated by previous Diamond posters that their cards for the Diamond Lounge would open the CL door.

The Diamond Lounge Concierge was not involved in the process.

I assume that they are handling Coco Cay in a similar manner on Freedom.

We were originally booked for Aug. 21 -- western and had talked to the CL Concierge about booking a cabana on Labadee but will check out the concierge in the CL to see if he can book a cabana for us (we have CL and DL privledges as we are D+ and maybe we will get upgraded -- we did in February.)

I didn't notice any of those spiky things and I walked around the whole cabana area barefoot. The grounds appeared to have been well prepared prior to our arrival.

The spiky things are in the kids area on the other side of the island. Not good planning on there part. They are also hard to see since the same trees drop pine needles.

My quote was inresponse to this question.

Originally Posted by Gingras31

is there a charge for the kids power wheels track do you know of? and where exactly is it on the island?

The cabana beach is perfectly fine for all the bare foot walkin ya want to do.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thanks for the review and great pics. We're booked on Monarch for early December to achieve our Diamond status. We are only 2 days short!

Those cabanas definitely are new- we were on Coco Cay in April and they weren't there. May investigate them for our Dec. cruise.

Debarkation and final thoughts:

We received a letter along with the last days Cruise Compass explaining that we were free to enjoy staying our cabins until our debarkation time. It also said that there would be no cabin announcements to enhance this enjoyment. Well, this was a non-issue since were treated to a loud banging on the door at exactly 7:45. Apparently the crewman wanted to check our mini bar, he wasn’t warmly welcomed. I can’t understand why it was so important. The Seapass bill had already been issued, so any usage would be a separate charge. Too bad I already turned in the comment card.

What is the obsession with the mini bar tally?! We had an 8.30am disembarkation from IOTS, and thought that we'd sleep in until around 7, then have a leisurely breakfast, only to be rudely awoken at 6.15am!! Yes, 6.15AM by someone wanting to check our minibar!! :eek: As you had, we'd already handed in the comment card.

As it was we barely heard him knocking as we were both in such a deep sleep - he half had the door open before we yelled at him, more out of shock than rudeness!! He came back at 7.15, by which point we'd not managed to get any more sleep for fear of someone else coming to chuck us out!

What is the obsession with the mini bar tally?! We had an 8.30am disembarkation from IOTS, and thought that we'd sleep in until around 7, then have a leisurely breakfast, only to be rudely awoken at 6.15am!! Yes, 6.15AM by someone wanting to check our minibar!! :eek: As you had, we'd already handed in the comment card.

As it was we barely heard him knocking as we were both in such a deep sleep - he half had the door open before we yelled at him, more out of shock than rudeness!! He came back at 7.15, by which point we'd not managed to get any more sleep for fear of someone else coming to chuck us out!

Soundls like I will be putting my Do Not Disturb card in the door...and making sure the safetly latch is on as well...although Monarch doesn't have a mini bar per se..not taking any cnances...;)

Soundls like I will be putting my Do Not Disturb card in the door...and making sure the safetly latch is on as well...although Monarch doesn't have a mini bar per se..not taking any cnances...;)

Hopefully he pays more attention to your sign. Ours was out and he still knocked! That was the main reason that I was so mad. I think I forgot to mention that in the review.

Hopefully he pays more attention to your sign. Ours was out and he still knocked! That was the main reason that I was so mad. I think I forgot to mention that in the review.

They NEVER pay attention to those signs...........how many times have we had it out and they still knock to deliver something,like strawberries,laundry,etc??:mad::mad:

They NEVER pay attention to those signs...........how many times have we had it out and they still knock to deliver something,like strawberries,laundry,etc??:mad::mad:

Well knocking for STRAWBERRIES is ok....:D

Did Diamonds, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle get priority on booking Cabanas? Wonder how booking works on Freedom with a CL Concierge and a DL Concierge?

I was on Freedom just last week on a western route....so my experience is with renting a cabana at Labadde. I am D+ and inquired about renting a cabana on embarkation day in the CL. I have done this in the past on Oasis/Allure and have been able to reserve one immediately. Not so on Freedom, I was put on a waiting list for the cabana I wanted and if no suite guest rented it i could have it. The next day I was told it's mine. I would have to assume this depends more on the concierge than any specific rule or exact practice.

What a great review! I'm glad to see that our girl is in such good shape and that the crew showed you a good time!

I have some bad news. Danney is not coming back to Monarch. I heard from him a few days ago. He's on vacation in the Philippines now and will go to Enchantment in August. Monarch will not be the same. He said he had been on Monarch for 7 years.

Bob

P.S. Enjoying the review very much Grady. Really nice photos.

We've been thinking about booking Enchantment - now we have another reason!

It is wonderful to see Danney's smiling face...............and I was a guest at that dinner. :D

But it REALLY p***es me off to see Royal Caribbean's usual very poor writing and proofreading on this webpage.

Hey, Royal Caribbean. HIRE ME! :rolleyes:

Or me! Or both of us! I remember that dinner - wasn't it fun? He knew we were Cruise Critics though...

so apparentally,some were reserved pre cruise??

I could see paying $35 for one of those.......but not a dime for those larger ones..

Nor I. The Labadee cabanas are amazing - I hope RCI puts that type on Coco Cay. And provides towels the way they do on Labadee, too.

When Dh and I rented cabana #4 (the one in OPs pictures) it was $100 and we got the whole cabana. We got 4 large bottles of water, champange, fresh fruit, mats and snorkle equipment. We thought it was well worth the price. The walk down to the beach isn't that long and we loved the privacy. The buffet had steaks and shrimp that they cooked when you ordered it. They also had flan on the buffet for dessert:D. The cost of a cabana for a family was $150.

There is a bathroom and shower right by the entrance. The bar is only steps away but people kept coming by to get our drink orders and bring more ice.

We had no idea that this existed and found out about it when we went to rent snorkle equipment and they had a tiny sign advertising it. We were there on June 25th and we were told that they had just opened it a couple of weeks before. I think Coco Cay was the best stop on our cruise.

But did you have 4 people or was it just two of you?? Im really confused:confused::confused:......is it $100 per couple(and you just didnt have anyone else renting out the other half) or for the whole thing.and the only difference is more room and champagne??

How many bottles of water in the cabanettes??

Everything, well most, has a fee: Giant Slide = $20 for the day. Aqua Park with the different water blow-ups = $15.00 for 5o minutes. Package of the 2 I listed = $30.00. Mat = $12.oo. Kayaks = i can't remember the fee. Parasailing is $79. Snokeling Vest = $6.00. Snorkel whole package (fins, mask, snorkel & vest) $32. That is a few of the fees. I think those fees are high, especially if you have kids.

...We've been thinking about booking Enchantment - now we have another reason!...

Us too. I had not thought about Enchantment since she left Florida, but since I learned Danney would be on board, I've been looking at cruises out of Baltimore.

Bob

Us too. I had not thought about Enchantment since she left Florida, but since I learned Danney would be on board, I've been looking at cruises out of Baltimore.

Bob

One of the Shops OnBoard mgr from the MN is also on the EN..........he loves all the different itineraries.......can you imagine how boring it is to go to Nassau and CocoCay twice a week forever?:eek:

One of the Shops OnBoard mgr from the MN is also on the EN..........he loves all the different itineraries.......can you imagine how boring it is to go to Nassau and CocoCay twice a week forever?:eek:

Yeah, really. Not to mention having 2 turnover days per week. It's got to be a tough job for the crew on the 3/4 day ships.

I wonder how Danney's job changes now that he's on a ship with a concierge? I know Danney was the one who handled the amenities, like fruit plates, etc. Maybe some of that kind of stuff gets offloaded to the concierge, at least as far as D+ and suite guests.

Your pictures are great! This ship looks in great shape.

I'm curious about the Diamond event...can you tell me what kind of drinks were served/offered?

Thanks.

Free red wine,white wine,champagne,soda........or 25% off any other drink you may like..

I was on Freedom just last week on a western route....so my experience is with renting a cabana at Labadde. I am D+ and inquired about renting a cabana on embarkation day in the CL. I have done this in the past on Oasis/Allure and have been able to reserve one immediately. Not so on Freedom, I was put on a waiting list for the cabana I wanted and if no suite guest rented it i could have it. The next day I was told it's mine. I would have to assume this depends more on the concierge than any specific rule or exact practice.
Procedure may vary from concierge to Concierge. We sailed on FOS in Feb. were were upgraded to a GS and spent a lot of time in the CL. We were still booked for the 8/21 Western Route at that time (changed to Easter for Aug. 14) and I talked to Willy about a cabana and he sent some information to my home and said even if we weren't in a suite, we would have access to the CL so to come see him. I would think if we were not in a true suite that he would have put us on a waiting list like he did for you.

Who was the CL concierge on your cruise?

Also, who was in the DL?

But did you have 4 people or was it just two of you?? Im really confused:confused::confused:......is it $100 per couple(and you just didnt have anyone else renting out the other half) or for the whole thing.and the only difference is more room and champagne??

How many bottles of water in the cabanettes??

We had two 1-liter bottles of Evian in the Cabanette.

Archived