Diamond/Concierge?

Hi all, I know it's still along way off but my dear bil and sil just booked a Grand Suite to join us on our Allure cruise next October. We are Diamond and not D+ yet, can they join us in the Diamond lounge as I know we can't join them in the Concierge?

It really depends on the bartender/waitstaff in the Diamond Lounge, and what kind of crowd there will be.

We were on the Serenade, and there was hardly ever anyone else up there. The staff were pretty lax with the rules, because they wanted the business (even if it is 25% off).

Hope This Helps.

I would think there would not be a problem with this since they are eligible for the Concierge Lounge and the Diamond Lounge would be considered a "lesser" venue.

Concierge lounge is available to anyone who is in a grand suite or above, diamond lounge is earned by loyality, don't look at that as a lesser venue, but that is just my opinion.;)

Concierge lounge is available to anyone who is in a grand suite or above, diamond lounge is earned by loyality, don't look at that as a lesser venue, but that is just my opinion.;)

The reason it might be considered "lesser" is that in the CL you get mixed drinks and appetizers. In the diamond lounge it is wine/champagne/soda and trail mix on a good day.

Tucker in Texas

The reason it might be considered "lesser" is that in the CL you get mixed drinks and appetizers. In the diamond lounge it is wine/champagne/soda and trail mix on a good day.

Tucker in Texas

On ships with a Diamond Lounge (Freedom and Oasis classes and I think the refurbed Radiance) the Diamond happy hour includes mixed drinks. The ships without a Diamond lounge have the wine or 25% discount happy hours.

Hi all, I know it's still along way off but my dear bil and sil just booked a Grand Suite to join us on our Allure cruise next October. We are Diamond and not D+ yet, can they join us in the Diamond lounge as I know we can't join them in the Concierge?

The CLounge on the Oasis class are so so nice. Much nicer than the Diamond Lounge.

Tucker in Texas

No, the Diamond Lounge on the Allure, like the DL on the Oasis, Freedom, Liberty, Independence and now Radiance, is a fully functioning "concierge lounge" for Diamonds: It has its own concierge, 24/7 cappuccino machine, continental breakfast, and full bar with hot and cold hors d'oeuvres from 5 to 8:30 P.M. You get in only with your pre-programmed SeaPass card, and this admits you 24/7.

Tucker in Texas

Hi Tucker, I believe you have the diamond lounge and the diamond event misunderstood, the diamond lounge on ships that have it, do serve mixed drinks and appetizers, the diamond event on other ships only serve wine/champagne/soda.;)

No, the Diamond Lounge on the Allure, like the DL on the Oasis, Freedom, Liberty, Independence and now Radiance, is a fully functioning "concierge lounge" for Diamonds: It has its own concierge, 24/7 cappuccino machine, continental breakfast, and full bar with hot and cold hors d'oeuvres from 5 to 8:30 P.M. You get in only with your pre-programmed SeaPass card, and this admits you 24/7.

When we were on the Oasis this March the Diamond Event was in Blaze. Limited appies. No crudite, cheese or sweets. Passing thru the CLounge on the way to the Chefs Table - much nicer spread of appetizers. So things are no longer 'equal'.

When we were on the Oasis this March the Diamond Event was in Blaze. Limited appies. No crudite, cheese or sweets. Passing thru the CLounge on the way to the Chefs Table - much nicer spread of appetizers. So things are no longer 'equal'.

Depends on how many eligible D members there are on a given cruise. :)

To answer your question, I do not think anyone other than Diamond members can go to the Diamond lounge. If your family are not Diamond, they may not be allowed in.

If I was on your Allure cruise I'd let your in-laws use my Diamond access if I could have their CL access:cool:

The rules are no DL for them, no CL for you, but since you both have Lounge access [just not the same one] I'd think it is worth asking if some accommodation could be made.

Thom

On the Allure we thought the Diamond Lounge was nicer than the CL. It looked out over the Promenade & had mixed drinks with appetizers. Once we got in we were not carded. So figure that one out.:rolleyes:

On the Allure we thought the Diamond Lounge was nicer than the CL. It looked out over the Promenade & had mixed drinks with appetizers. Once we got in we were not carded. So figure that one out.:rolleyes:

You have to have a card to get through the gate. Also I think you may be the only person in the world who has stated the D lounge on Allure is better than CL lounge. The CL lounge is simply incredible, two levels, ocean and boardwalk views, leather furniture, serves lunch and breakfast, on and on and on..did you actually use the CL lounge on Allure or just peak in?

You have to have a card to get through the gate. Also I think you may be the only person in the world who has stated the D lounge on Allure is better than CL lounge. The CL lounge is simply incredible, two levels, ocean and boardwalk views, leather furniture, serves lunch and breakfast, on and on and on..did you actually use the CL lounge on Allure or just peak in?

Sounds like they were on a Freedom class ship not the Allure. On the Allure the Diamond club is just above the main deck and just a little hole in the wall compared to the CL lounge. On the Freedom/Liberty/Independance ships it is in the back overlooking the basket ball courts and there is a gate from below preventing other people from gaining access. The CL on these ships is inside with no view.

Irene & Miles

Sounds like they were on a Freedom class ship not the Allure. On the Allure the Diamond club is just above the main deck and just a little hole in the wall compared to the CL lounge...
No, I don't think so - they talked about "looked out over the Promenade" - that's definitely Oasis class. I agree that Oasis class CLs are much nicer than their DLs, but Oasis DLs are nicer than any of the CLs other than Oasis. I do prefer the Freedom class DLs over Oasis class DLs, but it is not "just a little hole in the wall" except when you are comparing it to Oasis CL [which you were].

Thom

Tucker in Texas

You are spot on (right). Being a diamond based on loyalty used to earn you the right to the Concierge Lounge with free wine, beer, mixed drinks, appetizers and a live person to make reservations and other tasks.

Now, although I once had the CL benefit, Royal Caribbean has taken that away. Our "diamond lounge" was the cigar bar. People couldn't smoke til 9pm but you could still smell the smoke from previous days

And you could only get free wine and champagne -- not free hard liquor or beer. No appetizers and no concierge.

That's how they reward loyalty? Give a benefit and later take it away???

I was told by my customer loyalty manager (Crown and Anchor) that the diamond lounge and CL are the same. Nonsense! Discounts on liquor or laundry isn't the same as free.

Time to check out other cruise lines.

You are spot on (right). Being a diamond based on loyalty used to earn you the right to the Concierge Lounge with free wine, beer, mixed drinks, appetizers and a live person to make reservations and other tasks.

Now, although I once had the CL benefit, Royal Caribbean has taken that away. Our "diamond lounge" was the cigar bar. People couldn't smoke til 9pm but you could still smell the smoke from previous days

And you could only get free wine and champagne -- not free hard liquor or beer. No appetizers and no concierge.

That's how they reward loyalty? Give a benefit and later take it away???

I was told by my customer loyalty manager (Crown and Anchor) that the diamond lounge and CL are the same. Nonsense! Discounts on liquor or laundry isn't the same as free.

You forget that when they took away the CL from Diamonds, they added the nightly Diamond event for ALL ships in the fleet. That was a very nice addition. Now you can even sail Majesty and Monarch and enjoy nightly wine in the Diamond section of the Viking Crown Lounge. It's a very nice perk!

....PLUS wine, beer, champagne and soda served immediately upon boarding as well as each day during lunch:D

On the Freedom and Oasis class ships Diamond members do get free drinks as welll as the wine. These are the ships that have a Diamond lounge in addition to the Consierge Lounge. I haven't read about the new Diamond Lounge on the Radiance OTS but I would assume that any ship with a Diamond Lounge has free dinks.

We were on the Serenade last October and their DL was in the Viking Crown Lounge with only wine and beer and anyone could go in there. We just had to show our card for the free wine or beer. Very disappointing since this was our first time as diamond.

We were on the Serenade last October and their DL was in the Viking Crown Lounge with only wine and beer and anyone could go in there. We just had to show our card for the free wine or beer. Very disappointing since this was our first time as diamond.

We got one time in the CL after making Diamond. Now we are one cruise (scheduled in November) to be Diamond+. Watch them raise the bar again (lol).

Loved being Elite on Celebrity, though, because I am Diamond on Royal. Celebrity's perks trumped Diamond perks big time with the exception being the happy hour was only from 5-7 vs. 5-8:30 on Royal. No problem for me, I had a standing 7:00 dinner reservation.

Tucker in Texas

Archived