Anybody Stay On Board at Half Moon Cay?

Linda VH

And what do you do? DH and I live on the water in Florida and are not big beach/pool people when we travel. We have stayed on board in Labadee but there was not much to do and not really any food served. What's it like on HAL???

And what do you do? DH and I live on the water in Florida and are not big beach/pool people when we travel. We have stayed on board in Labadee but there was not much to do and not really any food served. What's it like on HAL???

I stay aboard the ship, relax, eat and take photos:)

I am also not a beach person, plus being in scooter it is easier for me to just stay on board wandering around taking photos for my site and enjoying the ship nearly people free:)

The food is the same and still awesome:) Just no having to contend with the other passengers for it:)

It is so peaceful and relaxing!!

Joanie

I love the beach but the past few cruises, I have stayed on the ship at HMC. Its beautiful there but the ship is so nice & quiet and you basically have it to yourself. Plus HMC can get pretty crowded, especially if there's another ship there.

HMC is my all-time favourite Caribbean beach. I will only go on a HAL Caribbean cruise if it has a stop on HMC. I love the soft sand, the wonderful blue/aqua water and just about everything about it. The best thing about HMC is that there are NO vendors patrolling the beach trying to sell you junk. You can stay close to the tender dock among the people, or walk further down the beach and be totally alone. I am usually on one of the first tenders out and the last one back, usually with the crew. I do not spend a lot of time lying in the sun, but I love the water and walking the beach. Also, there are also a lot of great excursions. I loved the parasailing and horse-back riding. If you have never been there before, at least get off the ship and see whether you like it or not.

I have done it a few times - the jacuzzi will be all yours. Depending on who's on the ship, it could be empty (nearly) or 1/8 full just depends.

We have trundled to HMC when we can tender and decided no numerous times. We relax - wander the ship (all to ourselves) and enjoy the day.

and then I get to pack - no rush - no fuss - no muss.

Last time, we went, viewed, saw, conquered and headed back to the ship.

some people love the beach. I had a great shore excursion planned and pre booked on line - but it was mucked for all of the 6 of us in the group so we headed back and had a great time on board.

all depends upon what you want to do:) no one has to go:D no one has to stay;) I don't consider it a port - I consider it an option (assuming they can tender) ;)

We're also "Florida People" who have access to a beautiful uncrowded beach all year round, so I usually make it my business to tender to HMC just to visit the lovely little chapel there... a perfect place for a moment of reflection and gratitude on how blessed we are to be able to cruise. :)

Then, back to the ship to relax in our cabin! ;)

Been there sooooooooo many times we sometimes stay onboard and enjoy the peace and quiet. We were on an Eastern Cruise on the Veendam that was the 2nd HAL ship to stop at HMC after HAL bought the island in 1998. It has come a long way since then and is a great stop if you haven't ever been there. Some say it's better than some island stops.

Enjoy

Mike and Linda

We`ve enjoyed HMC when we are the only ship there. This past Feb. both the Noordam and the Eurodam shared HMC and it was really crowded. Not so enjoyable. In the future I will consider staying onboard if it`s a two ship day.

Living in SW Florida with a pool in my back yard and the water close by, I don't need a ceowded beach. I stay on-board and relax, with the ship to myself.

I have yet to come across a Florida beach nearly as beautiful as HMC. :D

Archived