Just Booked the Victory...

Richjoxyz

..you should have a look at Victory Deck Plans at URL..

http://www.carnival.com//Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=VI&deckCode=3

..and mosey around to find your cabin, your dining room

and the single elevator that will take you up to Deck 12 and Serenity!

I missed this one, myself! :D

Carpets-603.jpg

A bank of elevators on Victory..

St. Thomas- Discover Scuba thorugh Carnival $90 when we booked on board. AMAZING. You do the dive at Coki Beach Dive Club ( about $20 cheaper to book direct with them, but the excursion does include transportation).

Barbados- We just went to the beach, took a taxi to Harbour Lights. $4 pp each way. We walked back through town, about 20-25 minute walk

St. Lucia- Took a taxi to Rodney Bay $7 pp each way.

St. Kitts Did a tour with Island Safari Tours with Troy, you can find them on tripadvisor. This was $20pp for a 3-4 hr tour. Drove through town, learned the history of the area, went to the Fort (short on time that day so we didnt stop) went to Romney Manor Botanical Gardens which was home to Caribelle Batik. They make beautiful clothes, pillows, canvas that you can frame. Then we went to the other side of the island, shortly hit Friars Bay Beach (seemed to be popular to Snorkle) and then we did a photo op where the Caribbean and Atlantic come the closest without touching.

St. Maarten took the water taxi down the boardwalk, shopped, rented some beach loungers from a vendor.

Good to know, we have not made any plans yet for Barbados or St Lucia. 60 days until our cruise
If you're visiting an island for the first time (any island..)

nothing beats an island tour to get a general feel for the place!

Lobster-412.jpg

This is Carlisle Bay, Barbados

-the beach that Lobster Alive, Boatyard and Harbour Lights are all located on...

but there are better beaches on the island...

Accra-945.jpg

Accra / Rockley is a personal favorite of mine, but would you want to swim in this stuff? :D

Just so's you know...

In these islands, May is usually the peak of Dry Season, little or no rain

vegetation turned a bit brown, very sunny skies.

Bring your sun-screen!

Yeah, that's why we picked last May to stay a week in St Martin. It absolutely poured every single day. But we made the best of it. At least we weren't working!!

Yeah, that's why we picked last May to stay a week in St Martin.

It absolutely poured every single day.

But we made the best of it. So much for the "dry season". :rolleyes:

KEY word in my statement is "usually"

Now we have successfully changed the weather (past tense/done deal)

you get what you get.

Two years ago we had crazy-dry Season from Oct. to Feb -completely out of whack!

This year 2011 has been wetter than usual, with about 3-4 wks.(only) of Dry Season back around Feb./March.

The island is green like Ireland. Go figure!

SemmerWeather-301.jpg

Just booked the Victory (again) for may 2012. we did this crusie bout 3 years ago when antigua and dominica were on the itinerary. Came home exhausted, but happy. This tiem it's just DH and myself(cheeky grin). The pics bring back a LOT of good memories!

Baf

:D

Oh my goodness! I am lovin' lovin' lovin' your photos! April 2012 can't come soon enough for me. I'll be Platinum on the Victory, which was our first Carnival ship to sail on. I've been to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and San Juan, and am so excited to visit the other southern ports. Ahhhhh the beaches are calling my name!

I'll be coming back to this thread often just to look at your photos again!

Aplmac:

I am really, really enjoying these pictures, I know my trip is not until next summer, but I have just fell in love with the Victory. This will my be Platinum Cruise and the more pictures I see, the more excited I get. I have no idea the Serenity Area had 2 hot tubs.. and lots of space. I'll have just the one sea day to really enjoy the Serenity Area. Please post more pictures, more, more, more!!

Thank you.

Aplmac:

I am really, really enjoying these pictures, I know my trip is not until next summer, but I have just fell in love with the Victory. This will my be Platinum Cruise and the more pictures I see, the more excited I get. I have no idea the Serenity Area had 2 hot tubs.. and lots of space. I'll have just the one sea day to really enjoy the Serenity Area. Please post more pictures, more, more, more!!

Thank you.

There is also a top deck ( closer to the slide:eek:) that has some loungers. Just an FYI you are not allowed to smoke in the serenity area, you have to go up to the top deck ( could be different now with the new smoking policies, i havent read up on them)

CVictory-922.jpg

Can't get any higher than Sky Deck -this is where the waterslide starts

There is also a top deck (closer to the slide:eek:) that has some loungers.
I think this is the small forward deck on the Port side of the ship, being referred to...

SunnyDay-383.jpg

It's on the way up to where the waterslide starts (Deck 12 if I remember right...you can see the wet tracks of Little Feet to the left

Deck10-324.jpg

-although the wiser ones chill out under the shade -they don't fry themselves too much..

Nevis-805.jpg

That's NEVIS in the distance, but where the heck on the ship is this spot?

Can you find it?

St_Thomas-154.jpg

Backing away from the Havensight dock at St.Thomas as we depart

SanJuanPR-126.jpg

Sailing in to San Juan, P.Rico early Sunday morning, at the end of the cruise.. :(

Are you using a wide angle lens?

I'm wanting to get a new lens in the next few weeks for my trip to Europe and I'm new to photography

but hear a wide angle is great to use and you can use it almost for everything.

I have the Sigma 10-20 wide-angle zoom (the model with the Nikon mount to fit my D60)

and a 10.5 mm. Nikkor fish-eye (you've noticed the curvature,by now in some extremely-wide shots..)

105mmfisheye.jpg

Both lenses are great for capturing the vast spaces on cruise ships

and the wide open sea Out There! ;)

Spend your money on 'glass' (lenses!) rather than the camera body.

The lens takes the picture -the camera merely records the shot.

829771380_Sigma10-20mm_lens.jpg.f8f810b6d82f817db1f038934bc6bdc9.jpg

Archived