Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future (Continued)

CC Help Jenn

I just heard while on the Liberty, that Beresford has moved. I think to be closer to his family, can't remember the ship mentioned but smaller than Radiance class. We will miss him in May on our ROS cruise. Looking forward to seeing JD! He has the photo of our Australian inaugural CL group on his wall we were told.:)

After wondering about the whereabouts of Beresford myself, I asked around and a friend told me she heard from one of her friends that he was seen on Vision of the Seas. :( That is a huge disappointment.

Gina

I was on radiance last week.

Jd says that Beresford has left the industry. Time for his family. The new Beresford, Chandler is also a wonderful guy - a pours a great 'Cosmopolitan'.

Australian season is still definitely on!

Must go - need to get organised for RADIANCE ON SATURDAY!!!!!!:D:):p

Cheers

Raina

I was on radiance last week.

Jd says that Beresford has left the industry. Time for his family. The new Beresford, Chandler is also a wonderful guy - a pours a great 'Cosmopolitan'.

Australian season is still definitely on!

Must go - need to get organised for RADIANCE ON SATURDAY!!!!!!:D:):p

Cheers

Raina

JD knows otherwise now. The paperwork wasn't in order for Beresford to return to RD so he ended up on Vision. When you see JD on Saturday, ask him, he will give you the story he found out from the bar manager on board confirming what was told to me by a friend in the know.

Gina

JD knows otherwise now. The paperwork wasn't in order for Beresford to return to RD so he ended up on Vision. When you see JD on Saturday, ask him, he will give you the story he found out from the bar manager on board confirming what was told to me by a friend in the know.

Gina

Hi Gina! Do you happen to know if Beresford will be on Vision for awhile or just until his paperwork gets straightened out?

We will be on Vision in March and would love to see him again! :D

Hi Gina! Do you happen to know if Beresford will be on Vision for awhile or just until his paperwork gets straightened out?

We will be on Vision in March and would love to see him again! :D

Lucky you!

I don't really know but usually in cases like this, the former position is filled by someone else so there likely isn't a place for him on RD. Don't hold me to that as fact. :)

I thought if I booked Vision it would be my luck that he'd be on vacation or assigned to a back of the house bar for that cruise. I hope you get lucky - come back and let us know how he's doing if you see him.

Lucky you!

I don't really know but usually in cases like this, the former position is filled by someone else so there likely isn't a place for him on RD. Don't hold me to that as fact. :)

I thought if I booked Vision it would be my luck that he'd be on vacation or assigned to a back of the house bar for that cruise. I hope you get lucky - come back and let us know how he's doing if you see him.

We are also on Vision in March, right after Martha, so I'm hoping to see Beresford, if he is still there.:)

To my complete surprise, and amazement, the second night on the Vision last month, Oct. 20 to be precise, I looked behind the bar in the Viking Crown lounge (the Diamond lounge for that voyage) and there he was! Well, he saw me, and I saw him, and the resulting hug fest was embarrassing to both of us.

He says he was on vacation for the end of the summer, scheduled to rejoin the Radiance in Vancouver as it left for Oz. But, some passport snafu kept him out of Canada and the Radiance left without him. The company was willing to let him rejoin in Sydney, but he hates long flights and took a contract on the Vision instead. So, he is on the Vision until the end of this contract. He hopes to rejoin the Radiance after that vacation. He says JD is lost without him! So, that's the story. We are back on the Vision on Feb. 4, and might get an update then.

IMG_0012.jpg.766a12f2816b100d4592dc00d0296b54.jpg

To my complete surprise, and amazement, the second night on the Vision last month, Oct. 20 to be precise, I looked behind the bar in the Viking Crown lounge (the Diamond lounge for that voyage) and there he was! Well, he saw me, and I saw him, and the resulting hug fest was embarrassing to both of us.

He says he was on vacation for the end of the summer, scheduled to rejoin the Radiance in Vancouver as it left for Oz. But, some passport snafu kept him out of Canada and the Radiance left without him. The company was willing to let him rejoin in Sydney, but he hates long flights and took a contract on the Vision instead. So, he is on the Vision until the end of this contract. He hopes to rejoin the Radiance after that vacation. He says JD is lost without him! So, that's the story. We are back on the Vision on Feb. 4, and might get an update then.

Thanks for the update. :)

Have never met Beresford but my curiosity is piqued and am definitely going to look him up when I get on the Vision this coming Monday, If he is not in VCL I will have fun playing "Where's Beresford?" - must be quite a guy!

Have never met Beresford but my curiosity is piqued and am definitely going to look him up when I get on the Vision this coming Monday, If he is not in VCL I will have fun playing "Where's Beresford?" - must be quite a guy!

He's a very nice guy. Ask him to make one of his "special" Bloody Marys for you. :D:):D That will be fun if he is still on Vision in February.

Here is Beresford. This should make it easy to spot him. He's the black man with the blue eyes.

He does have a bigger brighter smile now. He had new teeth installed on one of his vacations and he is very proud of them. He's looking better than ever. I'll scroll through my phone and see if I can find an updated picture. But they are all likely on my computer.

ysaqaqy5.jpg

Edited by mommabean

Lucky you!

If no one reports back by then, I will indeed try to find him and let you know! :D

I had to procure for him the "special" ingredients for his "special" Bloody Marys. They were not standard bar stock on the Vision. But, they were available in different places around the ship, and I found them. He has probably found where to get them by now. The result was pretty close to the original, but Royal has changed their base Bloody Mary mix, and the taste was just a little bit different. But, lots better than from any other bar!

I am sure that by now he has seen lots of Radiance friends, but you can be sure he will be glad to see more.

Jim and Joan

I had to procure for him the "special" ingredients for his "special" Bloody Marys. They were not standard bar stock on the Vision. But, they were available in different places around the ship, and I found them. He has probably found where to get them by now. The result was pretty close to the original, but Royal has changed their base Bloody Mary mix, and the taste was just a little bit different. But, lots better than from any other bar!

I am sure that by now he has seen lots of Radiance friends, but you can be sure he will be glad to see more.

Jim and Joan

This sounds like a cocktail I will have to try, when we see him.:)

• 1 month later...

We love Beresford too and were very sad to hear that he had gone to the Vision as we were looking forward to cruising with him on the NYE cruise (just gone). Before the NYE cruise, JD told me what had happened with Beresford's paperwork but that the new lady was fabulous. We waited in anticipation and to our great surprise, Vanessa IS fabulous too.

Hopefully, we will cruise with Beresford again but in the meantime, we will enjoy Vanessa's company and her drinks have a kick - she says she makes them with love;)

Cheers

Di

• 1 month later...
Darn. They no longer have the little bags of chips in the Park Cafe. They now serve chips to you in little bowls.

We have a whole lot of Radiance scheduled this year, so we're hoping that they don't get carried away with the changes. We were already disappointed with the changes after dry dock. I mean, I love a hot dog as much as anyone, but replacing the Sea View???