1 cruise boarding at 2 ports???!?!

Davechipp74

i see that my cruise, leaving from n.y. on 4/28/12 for 17 days can also be booked on 5/1/12 for 14 days in miami. is this something new, where you can get on the cruise at any u.s. port it stops at?

if there is a 7 day round trip out of n.y. that stops in fla. can i board in fla. as a repo to n.y.?

Not unusual. Back to back cruise as it is often called.

either im missunderstanding you, or you me

im not talking about a b2b

im asking if a 7day roundtrip cruise leaves out of n.y. and stops in fla., can i catch it as a 3 or 4 day repo from fla. to n.y. (stopping in a forigen port of course, i wouldent want to go through that jones act thing again :o)

thank you

im asking if a 7day roundtrip cruise leaves out of n.y. and stops in fla., can i catch it as a 3 or 4 day repo from fla. to n.y. (stopping in a forigen port of course, i wouldent want to go through that jones act thing again :o)

thank you

It's not the Jones Act...it's the Passenger Vessel Services Act, and stopping at a foreign port isn't sufficient to satisfy the requirements for an open jaw cruise...the ship has to stop at a distant foreign port in order to satisfy the law. The closest distant foreign ports to the east coast of the US are Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao.

So, no...you can't board the ship in Florida and cruise back to NY, because the only foreign port you'll be going to is a nearby foreign port...in the Bahamas.

OP, would you like a 17 day or 14 day cruise through the Panama Canal?

17 day cruise = board in NY

14 day cruise = board in Miami

They are sold as complete cruises; you don't get on in New York and get off in Miami! Both cruises end in LA, thereby avoiding a legal issue.

(BTW, these are cruises on Jewel)

thank you

The Jones act (or PVSA)is what prevents booking only the 3 or 4 day portion.

I believe I am on one of those....it's a Transatlantic...we're boarding in NOLA...but people can board 2 days later in Miami...I think it's a great idea....get to pick which embarkation port works better. We live in California and we can get to NOLA easier and cheaper. Then when we get to Europe, some people will stay on the ship and go to the Mediterranean and some will board there.....so actually 2 embarkation spots for the full 25 days which we did not book as a B2B [we've done that] but this was shown as ONE cruise for 25 nights.

I believe I am on one of those....it's a Transatlantic...we're boarding in NOLA...but people can board 2 days later in Miami...I think it's a great idea....get to pick which embarkation port works better. We live in California and we can get to NOLA easier and cheaper. Then when we get to Europe, some people will stay on the ship and go to the Mediterranean and some will board there.....so actually 2 embarkation spots for the full 25 days which we did not book as a B2B [we've done that] but this was shown as ONE cruise for 25 nights.

retired rascal - That's on the Spirit right? Since we are neighbors you should look up my son while on board. He should still be there. email me. techcrewmom@gmail.com

Sorry for the thread hijack!:rolleyes:

i see that my cruise, leaving from n.y. on 4/28/12 for 17 days can also be booked on 5/1/12 for 14 days in miami. is this something new, where you can get on the cruise at any u.s. port it stops at?

if there is a 7 day round trip out of n.y. that stops in fla. can i board in fla. as a repo to n.y.?

I enquired about getting on in Miami and was told I could not do so from my PCC. The cruise 14 day cruise from Miami was not on their website to book when I asked the question. I was told you would have to go through big hoops to be able to get on in Miami. I guess they changed their mind. The price is practically the same if you get on in NY or Miami.

To Convince the "Boss"(DW) that we wanna do this Cruise, even if it means I miss the Last day of(Working) the NFL DRAFT!(I can't believe I just said that! I Must have a fever! did I actually say "Miss Working the last day of the NFL DRAFT)! :D

Bill(DrFootball)

"You Know, I joined the Army for the same reason you Did, That's to kick A$$ just like in the old war movies. You Know, Be a Hero. That's what i'm looking for in You. A First class All-American hero with his heart and brain wired together cooking full tilt boogie for freedom and justice"- Tommy Lee Jones to Nicholas Cage in the movie FIREBIRDS-1991

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.95 final beta for Mac

Archived